Notices

Desperate and need help

Old 09-30-2014, 09:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Desperate and need help

Where to begin, I suppose I should just start out by saying that ive been struggling with my addiction to opiates for about 9 years. There was a 2 year period where I got sober, but that doesnt seem in the realm of possibility now. At least, certainly not on my own again. I just dont seem to have the willpower, no matter how much I keep losing. Im prepared to take whatever steps necessary, problem being i just dont know where to go or what to do....I live in a fairly rural area, and the only places around here will just diagnose you. Im not expecting anybody to do anything for me, but is there anyone familiar with illinois that could refer me to a couple places. Things to keep in mind, I have no source of income, and no insurance. Thank for any replies, I just dont know what to do...
Old 09-30-2014, 09:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Welcome, Sopulbot!

Have you looked up NA meetings in your town or nearby? The people at the meetings would be familiar with local resources, and a little face-to-face support goes a long way.

Read around and post often!
Old 09-30-2014, 09:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I find this site a great place to be. No one will diagnose you. You don't have to look someone in the face if you don't want to and the advice is as good as it gets. Keep posting and tell us what's going on and how you are doing. Questions usually get lots of answers. Otherwise the Na or AA approach can be really helpful. I live in a really rural Midwestern area as well and found lots of help in my early days in AA in and they didn't mind that I introduced myself as an alcoholic and drug addict. Now I like this best.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
One day at a time

Hey I find it hard to quit too but keep looking around here you will find some inspiration!
Old 10-01-2014, 03:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I couldn't do it alone. I am powerless. I went to aa. Did 90 meetings in 90 days. Best thing I've ever done. I would do na but here it's very small and all men. Are their meetings near you? You have a disease. You need help.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Glad to hear your looking for help. I don't know about Illinois but there are places in Denver that will take you in for extended treatment such as Salvation Army and Stout street. People at AA, NA, or CA meetings should be able to give some direction. Some have clubhouses that people hang out at. Best of luck!! You can do it!
Old 10-02-2014, 12:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum soulbot!!
Old 10-02-2014, 02:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome soulbot

I'm not from Illinois but I'm not sure what you're looking for? rehab?

D
Old 10-02-2014, 03:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Na or aa meetings can be a good resource for treatment locally. Since ur online you can look up Addiction Receiving Facilities or Salvation Army resources near you. There could be a local Detox or even call the health department and tell them your situation. If you are at a point where you really need help immediately you can always got to the ER-even with no insurance they have to treat you! I hope you get the help you need!
Old 10-03-2014, 10:52 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soulbot View Post
Where to begin, I suppose I should just start out by saying that ive been struggling with my addiction to opiates for about 9 years. There was a 2 year period where I got sober, but that doesnt seem in the realm of possibility now. At least, certainly not on my own again. I just dont seem to have the willpower, no matter how much I keep losing. Im prepared to take whatever steps necessary, problem being i just dont know where to go or what to do....I live in a fairly rural area, and the only places around here will just diagnose you. Im not expecting anybody to do anything for me, but is there anyone familiar with illinois that could refer me to a couple places. Things to keep in mind, I have no source of income, and no insurance. Thank for any replies, I just dont know what to do...
Welcome soulbot
Keep posting and asking and search the internet for aa/na meetings and free treatment possibilities.

Tell yourself you can do this. You said you are willing to anything! That's what will keep you clean.....now you have to go it

The addict voice will talk to you now and beg for a way back in. But it has nothing For you anymore

Good job
Old 10-04-2014, 04:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR soulbot! You can do this! We are here for you!