Notices

Hen House Talk- All are Welcome, Part 57

Old 10-30-2014, 02:11 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Oh wow TOD, what a sweet baby girl. ♥
Congratulations to your step daughter and to all of your family.

I went to the doctor and encountered a snafu.... I have it on my chart that I can't take addictive medication, so they wouldn't prescribe anything for me. It seems that the only way I could get around this is if I go to detox. Sigh.

My dad is continuing to improve.
One thing I am is a good carer ~ thank God I stopped drinking again, and I can be of help.

V xx
Old 10-30-2014, 02:23 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Day 116!!!! And we have a new grandbaby! Jethro and I went up to the hospital to see baby, mom and dad an hour after he got off work! She has such a teeny tiny face. With little bitty ears and a tiny little nose! Mom had a C-section and is hurting! She asked the nurses for something other than morphine. All that talk about different pain meds had my head spinning with stories from SR! I'm damned glad I'm off the crap! I even told SD Jethro needed to get off the pain meds and BOY did I get a dirty look from him!

Venus: Hope you got some help with your withdrawals! I know the older I get the harder the w/d's get!

TB is being silent right now! I'll keep pestering him for an answer on his health!

Lauren: Sorry you are sick! That's always hard to put up with. Life around us doesn't stop though! Too bad we can't push a pause button when we aren't feeling good. How is your son?

Lenina: Where are you? Did you hitch a ride on the moon?

Amy: So nothing's changed with the Bratkins? That's too bad! You're gonna need your parka sitting on that porch if you have the same temps we do? It's 44 degrees right now. And this weekend it's getting down to 34 degrees. Burrrrrrrr

Chicory: The plants growing around here better be hardy! LOL Because this woman doesn't do anything with them. Grass seeds is about the only thing I'll plant and that's because the little lawn mowers in feather suits demand having it to eat!

Well I've had enough! I'm heading to bed!

TOD
Old 10-30-2014, 02:25 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Oh wow TOD, what a sweet baby girl. ♥
Congratulations to your step daughter and to all of your family.

I went to the doctor and encountered a snafu.... I have it on my chart that I can't take addictive medication, so they wouldn't prescribe anything for me. It seems that the only way I could get around this is if I go to detox. Sigh.

My dad is continuing to improve.
One thing I am is a good carer ~ thank God I stopped drinking again, and I can be of help.

V xx
Well that sucks! Clonidine would have been of some help and that's not addictive! Geeeeeezzzzz

Good to hear your dad is improving! Don't wear yourself out though!

TOD
Old 10-30-2014, 02:30 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Here she is yawning!

TOD
Old 10-30-2014, 03:18 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Congratulations, TOD, what a pretty little girl!

Venus - sorry about the snafu, but I have the same thing listed on all my charts. Hope you are feeling better, soon, and am very glad to hear the news about your dad.

Just got home. It's 65 right now, will be down to 30 tomorrow night.

Yes, the bratkins are jumping around in their decisions. As of now, the other grandparents are going to help them move back down here, but they don't know where they will live? NMP. Not sure if I will be invited, or go, to trick or treat with BB. It's okay, she's only 2. Lots more Halloweens to celebrate.

I'm done with the drama and they will do whatever they do. I'll always love them, but I'm not going to support them. They've got enough people doing that, and it doesn't help them at all.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 10-30-2014, 03:57 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Thanks Amy and Venus! SD did all the hard work to get her here! I told her I'll stick with having little fuzzy chicks that go peep peep peep! She was in agreement! LOL She was really hurting last night while we were there. The morphine wasn't touching her pain and they changed her to Dilaudid. Jethro made a statement while there about his doctor telling him he maybe taking morphine one day! OMG! I can't stand having him on Hydro's, much less morphine!

Baby's daddy couldn't stop holding his new baby girl! He said at one point: "We did good"! I looked at him and then SD and said: "Where does the WE come into play here"? SD did all the work! Daddy said he did his part and Jethro started in with "What? The two seconds it took"? Daddy started saying "Oh No it was much" and SD cut him off and pointed a finger at Jethro telling him to DROP IT! LOL

I'm sorry Bratkin's family situation hasn't changed any. I have family members that hasn't changed either! I gave my nephew a hundred dollars for his 18th BD. He called wanting to know where he could cash the MO because he was going out party'ing! So much for telling him to spend it wisely! My older nephew (39) is now living with a woman (37) that bought a new home and new mustang with cash money! Her husband died last year in the Iraq war. She bought nephew a brand new truck too, but thankfully put it in her name only to earn the credit! He quit his job after moving in with her. She just recently got a job. I thought to myself: "Here we go again"! So YEAH! I hear ya on the Bratkins! NMP!!!!!

As for myself? I've struggled and fought long and hard to get where I'm at today! I've never been homeless due to family and friends letting me and my daughter live with them. But I've come damned close to it though!

TOD
Old 10-31-2014, 04:17 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Happy Halloween Everybody!

We will have frost on the pumpkins tonight!

TOD
Old 10-31-2014, 02:37 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Happy Halloween!! It's cool and windy here, a slight chance of rain I'm not going anywhere, and there are no kids out here, so I don't mind.

A few people dressed up at work, and that was fun. One of the girls got us all to order food, then it took 3 hours to get there and the lady gave it to us for free. In the meantime, the same girl had ordered us Chinese food at her expense. Needless to say, I came home with a lot of food and all of its good

I felt bad for the lady who took 3 hours to get there... Got tied up by a wreck. Will make sure we order from her again, as she had some really good food. I even got a bag of candy from boss lady

Will see the bratkins sometime this weekend. No trip to Chattanooga tomorrow, but I am doing the one on Sunday. Will enjoy my day off, may see if M is training dogs in the morning and go over there, then spend some time with Mrs. C.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-04-2014, 04:41 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good Morning Hen House!

I've made it to day 121!

Heading out to vote this morning!

Wishing everyone a good day!

TOD
Old 11-04-2014, 04:46 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Hi TOD, that's awesome girl!!!! Really happy for you....

Sorry...we are all a bit preoccupied.
chic is losing Solly...she has to say goodbye to him this morning.

V xx
Old 11-04-2014, 05:00 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Thanks Venus.. I thought I would stop in and let everyone know,, but here you are, taking care of us((((Hug))).

I am just waiting for 8am.. for them to answer. my heart shall break today, but it also rejoices that Solly has had such a loving home and was treasured always, and always will be. my little black cat.
Old 11-04-2014, 05:02 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Just read about your new grandbaby, Tod.. congrats,, she is A beauty!!!

love and hugs
chicory
Old 11-04-2014, 05:02 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

(((chic))) ♥

I hope I didn't overstep....

And I wish I didn't have to go to bed, but it's midnight.
I will be with you in spirit love.
Holding you tight in my arms.

V xx
Old 11-04-2014, 12:50 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Chicory! I'm truly sorry to hear of you losing Solly! You've talked about him a lot thru the Hen House!

Venus! Thanks! I'm kicking dirt up under my feet with the clean days!

Jethro and I got in and out on voting! Then we went to eat breakfast together. Then we went to look at some gas stoves. And the search is on for a larger one! Nobody has the larger ones! ARGH! Apparently? According to two different stores! They are made in China. The factory over there moved and the orders are two months behind. And then to top it off? There is also a strike going on at the docks! There's no telling when we'll see another stove arriving!

Maria OF COURSE is raising hell wanting to go outside! Sighhhhhhh She doesn't want to hear the words coming out of my mouth - It's raining! is what she thinks! I'm with Venus! I'm ready to crash and catch up on my lost sleep now! I took a two hour nap from 3:00 am to 5:00 am. Then I got up took a shower and started getting ready to leave.

My Chitty Chitty Bang Bang engine is pooped!

TOD
Old 11-04-2014, 01:21 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Hi Hen House... not much to tell.. but good stuff.. my Daughter has her laughter back.. went out with some co workers in London for Halloween.. Mom I laughed so much.. feeling better .. think I have found a corner to turn.. yeah team go Melly Go.. so they packed her up and sent her to training some people in get this San Francisco CA yep her Ex hubby's new stomping ground.. she emails me in the late afternoon several times a day. so I am crossing my fingers that he is not one of the people she is to do training on... ekekkekekekkeke hugs to all and congrat on the new Grand Baby Tiredofdrugs.. yeah team ardy
Old 11-04-2014, 05:08 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Glad to hear good news, Ardy!

((Chic)) - Solly is running free with the other 3 and an assortment of animals from the hh and SR. Doesn't make it hurt any less

Good on all the clean days, TOD.

Had to stop a few places on the way home, now it's after 8 and has been dark for 2 hours. Need to color my hair then going to bed. Such an exciting life..not.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-05-2014, 04:38 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good Morning Hen House!

Day 122!

Ardy: Hello! Wishing you and hubby lots of happiness!

Venus: May you find comfort!

Chicory: I've always said: "Whenever one of my Silkie Chickens pass on? It's because there's a little child in Heaven needing something soft and cuddly on their laps and in their arms. This thought helps me to get over their loss easier! And I know I'll see them again one day!

Speaking of passing? My dad has been gone a year today! How I miss our talks together. Jethro borrowed dad's pipe holding bench and we were just talking about dad the other day when Jethro was using it to hold the gas line pipes while he cut it and made the grooves in the pipe. I remembered how many times I'd get my finger pinched in the chain and then dad would do his goofy laugh and say: "That's a lesson hard earned"! You betcha!

My daughter's being a moody bitch this morning! I just asked her if she was on the RAG? Nopr!! LOL I sent a message to my two sisters and her. Telling them to check on mom today due to it being dad's one year anniversary of passing. She said she didn't need that reminder and I told her mom brings it up all the time about how long he's been gone. Her answer was: "Well congrats! You get to call her You're the only one not working all day! I said: "You betcha on being home! Retirement is wonderful"! She'll learn one of these days! She can't get over on dear old mom! LOL

Mom is making Christmas stockings from scratch material with little add ons. She's been selling them for $5.00 a piece. She's made $200.00 as of today! The money is being given to our church to help buy a new church Van. My older sister said mom is having a ball doing this! I bought two and donated $60.00 in cash! I'll try and post a picture of my two later on!

I told the group mom needs to find someone she can have sell her stuff she makes. And I waited for my daughter to say what I knew was coming! It was seconds later! "You don't work mom! Get with her and start doing that"! LOL I told my daughter - I knew she was going to say that! And that she's never had to work with g'ma on something on a daily basis. She will drive YOU crazy! G'ma thinks everybody should have the energy and time that she has! I've said it before and I'll say it again! "She's like a pizz ant on speed"! She's tiny and never slows down!

TOD
Old 11-05-2014, 03:58 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  

TOD - I knew it was around now that your dad died as he died right before sm Glad your mom is staying busy and doing something she loves.

I put the baby gate at the top of the deck stairs to keep the fatsos from going down them. Went out there to check on them, and Mots is sitting at the bottom of the stairs? I guess he got his fat belly over the gate....sigh.

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-05-2014, 06:03 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Thinking of you TOD and Ames. ♥♥♥

Love V xx
Old 11-05-2014, 07:43 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Cute grandkid ((TOD)).