Old 08-29-2014, 11:59 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thirded

D
Old 08-30-2014, 12:07 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

YAY!!! I would like to thank all the kitty cats who nominated me. Now I just need to PM each of y'all my address and tell you where to send them. THANK YOU!!
Old 08-30-2014, 12:16 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Lenina what did you have surgery for? Are you doing ok?
Old 08-30-2014, 02:17 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello Hen House!

It was refreshing to come read the HH with so much activity on here today! So many beautiful pictures too! Thanks y'all for that!

This was the first catholic funeral I attended today! Man! What a difference compared to a Baptist Funeral! Jethro's cousin's mother grabbed hold of me when she got there today and held on tight. She wanted me sitting beside her right up front! It un-nerved me a little because I really didn't know her as well as the other family members did, but being the kind of person I am? I wasn't going to desert her either! I did try to get several other family members to sit with her, but momma wasn't having any part of it! Somewhere in the middle of the services. I leaned over and told momma I sure hope they don't expect me to do something in a catholic way because I'm Baptist! She got chuggled over it! After several stand ups, being what the catholics do in church! She was having trouble getting up and down. So I'd get her by the arm and my other hand on her back to help her up and down.

I kept a hand on her back, rubbing her back and showing her support. She's in shock and isn't accepting this. She didn't cry one tear during the services. I'd feel her shiver from time to time though. I leaned over behind her back and asked her granddaughter in law if she'd cried any? The GDDIL said she had earlier! It had me worried! After the funeral I told momma I'd cried enough for the both of us! She patted my arm and said: "That's okay!"

It was a HOT day today! When we got to the cemetary and under the tarp. Momma sat on the very end in the sun! I got her up and moved her to the middle in the front row of chairs. Her GDDIL sat to the right of her. I remained standing even though momma patted the chair to the left of her for me to sit down. Her granddaughter walked up and looked me in the eyes for confirmation of where I was sitting. I graciously held my hand out to the chair beside momma! The majority of these ppl didn't have a clue who I was since I married into the family! And since momma grabbed hold of my arm when she first got there? The rest of the family didn't know how to proceed around me! I was trying to relent my duty to a family member that was more involved in the family. But momma wouldn't let it happen! I looked to Jethro at the church when she did this and he told me to just do what she wanted me to do.

After the graveside ceremony. We all went back to the Restaurant where "H" worked and had a big feast! We left there around 3:00.

We got home around 4:30 and we both crashed! I woke up at midnight. Don't have a clue when Jethro woke up!

After talking with "H"'s son today. "H" died from a heart attack. She was 61 years old.

TOD
Old 08-30-2014, 03:29 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Tod my condolences on Jethro's family's loss. 61 is young .

MamaHawk...Love the kitty pics...they are beautiful.

hugs,
chicory
Old 08-30-2014, 03:37 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Thanks Chicory! As sad as it is? "H"'s family was having a good laugh over what "H" was probably saying during it all! She was a character and will be dearly missed!

But life progresses on from here and so we begin!

TOD
Old 08-30-2014, 06:47 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Love the cats ((MH)). I have a little black cat named Sasha but I have always been fond of tabbys. Hmmm...I have not taken any recent pictures of Sasha. She's not very photogenic, unfortunately. She's a typical young cat, always on the move...every picture is a blur.

((TOD)) - Sorry to hear about H. I'm sure the family will fair well though, if they are able to joke about her already though.

My GF and I are leaving soon to go visit her parents a couple hours away. I have met them a few times, they are nice folk. I like their dog the best though...shhh, don't tell them that .

I also have Sunday and Monday off from work so I'll be hanging out on Sunday, doing whatever. Then I've been invited to a family gathering at Isaac's parent's house on Monday. Isaac and all his siblings, me, Kirby, Monica, and the foster ps will be there. It is really weird to write "family gathering" when technically, the only blood-family there is Isaac, Kirby, and I. Lol. Should be fun. I haven't talked to Isaac in while.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:20 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Good afternoon HH. I'm glad y'all liked the kitty pics. I have so many and it's fun to share them! It's been a busy, fun day. It didn't rain so we have the jet skis in the water. I'm sitting here on the dock watching the boys zip around. My youngest rides a stand up and it's fun to watch him jump and do tricks. The sun feels good on my skin. I actually got a tan this summer. It's been years and years since I had a tan. I never spent time outside when I used.

Amy something you said resonates with me. "Never forget where you were when you decided to quit". That day seems so far away now but it's not hard to picture. Driving down to the end of the road and crying because I really was going to leave my family. I was going to leave them. My youngest told me " I was trying as hard as I could to pretend I didn't care". Lord that breaks my heart. I'm so glad I turned around and came back. That was the bottom of the pit for me and I've been clawing my way out every since. Thank you for helping me remember why I am doing this.

Lenina I hope you feel ok today. Thanks for the PM explaining about your surgery. You made me laugh and I needed that!

TOD I hope you are doing OK. I know you were tired last night.

Well I'm fixing to go get the food ready for the grill. You can't spend the day in the water and not grill now can you?? I hope y'all have a great weekend!
Old 08-30-2014, 04:11 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Fun day!
Old 08-30-2014, 04:14 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Beautiful sky!
Old 08-30-2014, 04:17 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Well my pics didn't load! ^^^ I'll try again later lol.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:47 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

((TOD)) - Catholic funerals are definitely different than what I am used to, but I thought it was pretty cool. I just followed the lead of the others of when to stand, sit, kneel, go to communion? Someone later told me I shouldn't have gone to communion, I told them "they didn't ask if I was Catholic and I go to MY church's communion"! Glad you were there for "mama".

Jay - Hope you and gf have a good time and it sounds great to get back together with Isaac and the blended family.

$hytt - someone is setting off huge fireworks behind the house. Mots ran inside, Sam just hauled ass, I need to get everyone inside. Last time, debris hit the house.

Be back.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-30-2014, 06:09 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Okay, I'm back. Mots is under the bed, Tiger is on the end table, contemplating on going under it. Sammy ran into the shed, I had to get the keys and dig him out from way in the back. It smells like gas in there, with the lawnmower and extra gas, and I don't want him breathing that, so he is inside under the end table. I first found him behind the washing machine!

I took Mr. C for a ride today, to "go home", as usual. What wasn't usual was that he spotted a house, said it was his and managed to unlock my power lock and tried to climb out of my car - while I was driving. Thank God the seatbelt held him in.

He was furious and then after we got home, he was telling me how much he loved me and that "crazy-azz S** tried to jump out of my truck while I was going down the road; cussing like a sailor (drops head, as I was and so was he) and he needs to be picked up!!!!!"

I got to hold the great Pyrenees's leash while M took pictures of her son and intern with their dogs and some treats. Pyrenees was getting into everything he shouldn't but I got him away from the ant-infested hot dogs.

It rained, earlier, now is just as muggy as can be. I'm going to check a few more threads then head in and calm the kitties, though Sam is the only one who's a bit "off" by being in the house. I want him in the house, but Bev won't let him as he's never had shots and has been exposed to possums and FIV/Leukemia.

Heading back to TN tomorrow and dad started rattling off other directions. I told him to text me, I can't remember all those roads, so he did.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-30-2014, 06:46 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Glad you had a good day, Mama. It was hot here. water makes it all better, I know.

((Amy)) good gosh, its not safe to take him out, is it? You are one brave chick, and I definitely would trust you with anyone of my family... you are a pro , girl.
glad you got the Golden Fatso's in, and safe. Have a very good night, and rest up...you deserve a vacation, all expenses paid, somewhere!

(((Jay))) sounds like a great time! bet your girlfriend is a very special person. gotta be smart, thats for sure. she's lucky too
Have a great time at the family gathering! Pictures of critters would be awesome! love and hugs.
chic
Old 08-31-2014, 02:12 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

MH - Sorry pics didn't download. What I do is, rather than hit "post quick reply" is hit "go advanced" and it shows how your post is going to look. Don't ask how many years and missed photos I had to figure that out I'm sorry I haven't been following your other thread, but know that you are in my prayers. I just can't seem to do all that I want to do around here!!!

Chic - I will put duct tape over the lock button on his side the next time. When I went back to check on them, after playing with the great pyrenees, Mrs. C was talking to DIL. Had NO idea that she was having a metldown and son had to come down there.

The family agrees, she just can't deal with him on her own. She wants someone there 24 hours a day, but still provokes him as she has her own early dementia that she is in total denial about.

It's a lose-lose situation

I had a great trip to TN, got to to to the guys house that I absolutely adore - the one that looks like a mountain cabin in a subdivision. I didn't even realize I was going up in altitude until my ears started popping.

He's a great guy, his wife got let go with NO notice or severance from a job she'd worked for 14 years. We were talking about how hard it is to get a job these days. He told me "you be careful, sweetie" as I left.

He has 2 dogs that look like shitzu's, but aren't black and white? I'd hit the doorbell, and he came walking around the deck (it goes all around the house). I told him "oops, I riled up the dogs for nothing". Later mentioned "aren't THEY ferocious, stomping their feet and everything", just joking. He said "yeah, they might lick you to death!"

It looked like we were going to get a storm, but now it's blue skies and 100 degrees "real feel". It's okay on the deck. I posted some pictures of my 3 fatsos on the whiners thread. The ice water I got for Sam has liquified in no time. He doesn't care, he's laying on my leg. It's too hot for the golden fatsos to venture off the deck!

Dad's van is broke. Again. Not good. At least he can make the run to TN tomorrow in the car, and doesn't have to have an emissions test on it, as both our birthdays are coming up in 3 weeks. We both have engine lights on in the cars, but I know what mine is. Will call mechanic C, who I bought the car from, to see how long and how much it will cost to do what he's got to do. I have no ride, so will take a book to read while I sit at his shop.

On the other hand, it's always like Mayberry RFD in there, so maybe I won't even need a book. Everyone knows each other or is quite happy to meet a new acquaintance.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-31-2014, 02:58 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Hi Amy. Thanks for the tip about the photos.

It's not possible to run our everyday lives and post on every thread. Lol I get to talk to you here! That was an older thread anyway but someone posted looking for support. I hope they can get a thread started!
Old 08-31-2014, 03:00 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Chicken fajita baked potatoes tonight!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (88.0 KB, 57 views)
Old 08-31-2014, 03:30 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Yum!!!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-31-2014, 07:33 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Did you all have a good weekend? I tried to take a walk today but it was just to hot. So I have been holed up in the AC just relaxing. I am so ready for winter. Or at least fall. I can walk again and get out my winter boots and sweaters. I hope we get a cold winter this year. It's not fun wearing shorts and sweating at Christmas! You really can't get it to cold for me!

Anyhoo I just wanted to check in!
Old 08-31-2014, 08:13 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

I too am ready for fall ((MH)). It's my favorite with the weather and all. Then winter too because of all the snow .

I've had a good weekend so far. I managed to muddle my way through a little bit of awkwardness yesterday with my GF's parents. They still have yet to meet Ken and Sue and told me they would like to meet my "parents" sometime. I told them "Sounds good, I'm sure my foster parents would love to meet you." Then they gave me the "Oh, ok, foster parents then," in their best attempt not to pry (and they weren't, but it clearly piqued their interest). I was hoping my GF might have already filled them in a bit but I guess I'm not that lucky . I felt strange just leaving it at that, so I told them both my real parents had passed already and that my sister was adopted by Ken and Sue, so I adopted them as my own, which is basically true. I didn't even broach the subject of Isaac...it is all so very complicated... Anyway, I'm mean and left it up to my GF to fill in the blanks for them if they want to know more. I feel like it'd be an easier conversation for her anyway, I know they won't ask me anything more unless I bring it up...one of those topics that's tip-toed around I think. With good reason, of course. The rest of the visit was good though. And yes ((Chic)), she is smart and very special . I have had girlfriends before but she is different, can't put my finger on it but I rather like her a lot! It is a good relationship, I am happy.

Today was full of rarities...I actually napped! That never happens. I also bought a new pair of shoes, which also never happens... somehow I have managed to scrape up an extra $40 through the month and one of my shoes has had a sad little hole in the side of it for as long as I can remember... Makes walking in the rain not so fun. Now I don't have to worry about it anymore . Took advantage of a Labor Day sale. Yay for good timing.

Tomorrow I'll be off to Isaac's parent's. Looking forward to it.