Notices

Hen House Talk- All are Welcome, Part 57

Old 09-12-2014, 10:51 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Amy I am so sorry about Mr C. I can't imagine how hard this must be for you. Know that I am praying for you. You are a wonderful, beautiful soul. It takes a very special person to do what you do.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:43 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Thanks, Mama. I talked to mom-Kay then finally got hold of aunt Phyllis. Uncle Bob was treated by hospice when he was dying. She told me "sweetie, this is probably the end". She was so supportive and full of love and I told her I am doing everything I can for Mr. C as if he was my dear uncle Bob.

I'm having a cry-fest, Mots is on one side of me, Tiger on the other I am realistic, I am hopeful vet I am grieving. I'll be okay, though, thanks to all the great people on SR who have seen me through some pretty tough stuff.

I know I am blessed to do the job I do. Not many can do it and I owe it all to recovery.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-12-2014, 02:04 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

(((Amy)))
I know you will show him so much love and compassion. You just cry it all out and let those precious babies comfort you. They know their mama is hurting. I'm sending you hugs and love.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:52 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello Hen House!

Day 69!

Amy: You are so right in it takes a special person in order to do what you do for ppl close to the end of life! You've been there for several at this point and the families have been truly grateful to you! It isn't just Recovery that makes you the person you are! You went thru years of training too! But by the Grace of God and Recovery? You are able to be there for so many now! Keep on Rocking the good stuff!

Mama: Did you manage to get any sleep? I slept like a lying log for hours! Thankfully Maria slept well too. She didn't wake me up over and over!

It is a brisk 63 degrees here! And my heater is in the barn needing to be cleaned! YIKES! Supposed to get down into the 50's tonight! I bet my mom builds a fire in her woodstove before the temps drop too! Jethro is wanting to get the natural gas lines hooked up and running before winter gets here! We'll have to get two small stoves too! He also still needs to get the home system generator repaired and hooked up too! I keep reminding him of these things, but he keeps dragging his feet! So many things needing to be done and he ends up taking a pain pill and the thought of them goes bye bye!

As for our conversations last night about reading books? Get a look at this story! Love it!
Georgia Football Player Joins A Book Club With Some Very Nice Ladies

TOD
Old 09-12-2014, 05:11 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Ha yes I got some sleep. That laughter was just the medicine I needed! It is a beautiful COOL day here in Texas! The boys and I just took a walk. My hubby is sick with a cold so he didn't go. I hope he is well by Sunday. We have a romantic getaway planned! Over the past couple of months we have gotten so much closer than ever before. But if he is sick we will just reschedule. I hope you all are well!
Old 09-12-2014, 05:25 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

((((Amy))))thinking of you. and saying a prayer for Mr. C. gotta be so hard.

love you.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:11 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

I came across this story earlier! It's one of those stories of a life time! I'm sure the first story in the article is what Amy can really relate too!

Dave Molter: Breath to wife during CPR is last for elderly man - Mesa Top News | Examiner.com

TOD
Old 09-13-2014, 01:49 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

TOD - yes, I totally relate and am in tears. They're good tears, though, as the C's have been married 69 years and fussing and fighting aside, they love each other and have buried two of their children.

I am back home with my cats. I didn't want to leave, but hospice nurse said that because he is so stubborn, he may go on for days or weeks on sure will. The few times he was awake, this morning, he wanted to get out of bed.

He's heavily medicated, will drink a little at a time and has a catheter and kidneys are still working. I told DIL, when she came by, I think it's just a matter of time. V2 is there for the night. I marked the morphine syringes to make it easier for her to give. Mama C is in denial.

I know I am looking at being jobless, again, but I also know that V2 promised me they would take care of me and when this is over, we have mama to take care of.

I will start filling out applications soon, but right now I am snuggling with Sam, watching Mots have a blast rolling on his back, and Tiger is out there on his favorite spot. I'm still planning on going to church tomorrow and then share a special time with mom-Kay and family.

I'm not sure why HP decides this is where I need to be, but I wouldn't trade all the aggravating times and heartbreak for anything. I have a huge amount of support and the C family has a lot of connections to medical people.

I will be okay. Bev has been out of reach for days. I texted her what was going on and that I already have most of the rent money. She could be mad, may have come over and seen that I haven't vacuumed or dusted, or mowed the grass, but usually she would let me know. She's worried sick about 2 of her boys and going through painful treatments on her bladder and her eye.

Reading minds was never my strong point, so I will just wait to hear from her.

Thank you all for getting me through yet another tough time. I love my HH peeps!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-13-2014, 11:39 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

((Cangel)) - Not quite sure what to say...you know I know a similar pain. I am sorry you lost your son in such a way. He is at peace now.

((Amy)) - I actually hope that Mr. C's death is swift...I am sure it is hard for you to watch them go through the pain. I know you'll persevere in the long run, though it might be tough in the short. Still hoping you find a new job soon.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:57 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello Hen House!

Already halfway thru Day 71 !

Mama: Did you get to enjoy a day with hubby or was he still sick? Hopefully not sick!

Amy: Mom and dad were married 58 years before he passed.

Cangle: Hello! Thinking about you!

Jay: Hello to you! It's nice to read so much positive stuff coming from you these days!

Venus: Keep on top of the antibiotics! Got to get you well!

It's been really nice for two days now! It's a cool 61 degrees right now. Jethro was telling me earlier the newsman was saying we are in for a lot of snow this winter! YIKES! He's calling the gas company today-Monday to get the natural gas hooked back up and turned on. We need to get to the store and buy two small gas furnaces now. One for in here and one for inside the house. At least we'll be warm if we lose power! That will sure beat having the small butane tanks brought inside with the heater attachments on them.

Jethro finally knocked down the dead Oak tree that's been dying for a couple of years now. He said in the very top of it - it was loaded with ants and the entire tree was being eaten by termites. I've seen some really tiny Oaks growing around the property. We are going to try and replant one so we can have a shade tree from it years down the road. I'd much rather have those than gumball trees ANY DAY! It just pizzes me off that all the good trees get eaten up and the gumball trees keep on thriving. There's a beetle eating trees up in an area now that are being quarantined too.

Jethro was in disbelief the Razorbacks won the football game Saturday! They didn't even look like the same team as last year! But thanks to the new Coach they've come to be a great team. The Quarterback even had to deal with someone setting his truck on fire and burning it down last month!

TOD
Old 09-15-2014, 08:25 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Just a quick check in. I've been at the C's for 26 hours and he is still hanging in there, barely. I had time to sleep, I just couldn't. Grabbing the golden fatsos and heading to bed for a few hours of sleep. The family has assured me I am not out of a job.

I'm okay, just tired.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-15-2014, 01:15 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

((((hugs, Amy))))

My daughter called Saturday night and we talked for almost 6 hours on the phone.
covered a lot of territory.
This restoration of our relationship is what I have dreamed of.

My sis betrayed me again, I have to have that "and you are surprised?!" conversation with myself once again.

I have been struggling with the bipolar so I have slept a lot and read alot. Making good use of the Kindle Unlimited. I have already read the first 10 books for this month.

hugs to all!
Old 09-15-2014, 07:35 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Live - SO glad for the long conversation with your daughter. I know that restoration of your relationship with her has been a goal for quite a while.

Mr. C died at 4:25 this afternoon, I was not there but did get there before the funeral home came. Helped nurse dispose all the medications and it felt good. I just got home, am going back to stay with mama in the morning.

Dad has a trip to MS, leaving in a few hours, so this is good.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-15-2014, 07:50 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello Hen House!

Amy: Mr C is free to zip thru the air along with the wind now! No more pain, no more aging! Hugs to ya!

Live: Glad there are some good things happening with ya!

TOD
Old 09-15-2014, 11:23 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Amy...
Old 09-16-2014, 04:44 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Thank you all, my beloved henhousers. I spent the day with mama c, got a lot accomplished. Mama C broke down one time, and I asked her "do you need me to come over and yell 'SUG (as in short for sugar), SUG!! I KNOW you're not deaf!!!!" and she cracked up laughing and said "yeah, can you do that?"

My friend from school, who just got her dream job, found out a friend emailed her resume to another job, she got a request for an interview. She is forwarding the information to me and I will send in my resume. It's an entry level in a medical office, 32 hours a week, but it would be a foot in the door. In the mean time, I am getting paid my weekly pay from the C's. I know longer keep track of hours, as there are times I am there simply because I want to be.

I was sent home with a ton of food, as they are getting in plenty. Bev mowed the yard today, T put in a new ballast and lights in my kitchen. I did not get evicted for the house not being spotless.... nowhere near.

Visitation is tomorrow, funeral is the next day. Mr. C is happy and busy in Heaven and I'm on the deck with my cats. Life is good, even when it hurts.

Love, hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-17-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Good morning HH

(((cangle))) Your post really hit home and moved me to tears. I can only imagine the pain that you are feeling. So sorry for your loss. I'm thinking of you and sending a wish for peace.

(((Amy))) I'm truly sorry to hear of the loss of Mr C. Please accept my condolences and may prayers help comfort you and Mr C family and hasten the journey of his soul to Heaven.

(((Venus))) Good to see you dear one.

(TOD) (chicory) (lenina) (Live) (Jay) (MH) (norty) (joe) (lauren)

I am back, what turned out to be a few days in the Pocono turned into a 2 1/2 week adventure through Pennsylvania and upstate New York. What we did as a group is we picked a town and then went to a meeting. In our travels we hit Albany, Monticello, Cooperstown, upper Delaware and Peekskill and a few other small towns. I ate like a king. Every day we went to a different diner or restaurant and ate up a storm. To be honest, if it wasn't for my responsibilities back at home, (furbabies and doctors appointment) I would've extended my trip with half of the group who went to Canada. All in all, I had a blast. I'm grateful for this experience I had, but now it's time to get back to reality.

Hugs to all
TB
Old 09-17-2014, 07:02 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good Morning Hen House!

Day 73 off the pain pills!

TB!! I see you're wondering ways finally found their way home! I'll give you a holler back! Glad to see you posting again! You've been missed!

Was talking with Norty night before and it's a strange thing on my end when a friend says: "Gotta go to bed so I can get up early to go Seal hunting"! Alrighty then! Don't hear that one too often! Not in these parts of the woods anyway!

Where is Mamahawk? I know she was supposed to have a romantic Sunday with hubby if he wasn't still sick! Was the Sunday a week long?

I'm staying awake today to get some stuff done around here! I'll pass out tonight!

I cooked breakfast for me and Jethro. He came out of the bedroom when he started getting ready for work to tell me to come here! I get up to walk in the bedroom and there's Maria under her blankie with just her booty sticking out! LOL I told him to cover her up and don't wake her!

Just sent my hair gal a message to get an appointment time for getting my hair done too!

I put Mr Cotton outside to run free in the yard for awhile while I went around spraying some ant hills. No sooner got out of sight and a Hawk started screaming. Nope! Can't have Mr Cotton for breakfast! I put him in a pen. He's now in a pile of dirt dusting away! Chickens will be chickens! LOL

TOD
Old 09-17-2014, 01:07 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

(Amy) I just turn down tickets to see the Atlanta Braves in Atlanta tonight. It's Tom Glavine bubblehead night. I am just too tired to drive to Atlanta. It's a shame, I would've loved to see Turner Field. I heard it was a beautiful ballpark.

Hugs
TB
Old 09-17-2014, 06:50 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

TB - I haven't been to a Braves game since Hank Aaron hit his record breaking home run.

Just got home from visitation. It was nice and Bev, T and all 3 boys were there, so it was like having all my extended family together. I talked to people I've heard about but never met, total strangers, and people I knew.

Tomorrow is the funeral and I'm not sure what's going on after that. I will still stay with mama C, but for now, the kids are taking care of that. I've already put in my 36 hours so am not worried.

Hoping to get back to normal life before it all turned upside down. Still have the pasture to cut, house to clean, and jobs to apply for.

I have to say, with all the people who know my past, they are amazed that I chose recovery and love the person I am today. I'm a bit over 7-1/2 years, I'll be 53 next week and I am so grateful. What I put myself through for those years has made me a better person and HP just keeps proving that keeping one right foot in front of the other leads me to where I need to be.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy