Administrator

How was your day? Part 6

last part here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-5-a-20.html

D
Old 08-14-2014, 10:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

New thread! Yay! Thanks Dee!

I'm the first one....never happened to me before.

Finaltime that's great! Wow you are going into your 14 th year! That is quite an accomplishment! To think this year you are clean and sober too! I'm so proud of you!

Angel I'm worried about you! More concerning is your eating disorder than your falling asleep on this guy. Does your therapist know what's going on here? If not you really need to open up to her about it. She can help you....you do not have to suffer! You do not have to wait until you are sicker!

As for the guy, I like finals advice of getting yourself to a better place before jumping into a new relationship. You are not that old...you still have time. As they say, healthy attracts healthy sick attracts sick.

Dsober that's awesome that you are doing all those things to get healthy! Prayers going out to you that you live a long and healthy life! You deserve it!
Thanks so much for your ongoing support!

Gamaur welcome to our thread....that's awesome! You are doing great! Congrats to you!

I hope everyone is having a good day today? It's a beautiful day on the island! Just gorgeous....couldn't ask for nicer weather! Yesterday, was hot and muggy....but today is cool...fall-like sunny skies with a gentle breeze. Will definately spend some time outdoors today!
My daughters friend has been staying with us this summer. She's vegetarian, but does eat seafood and eggs. But still it makes it a little tricky trying to find delicious recipes that don't require tons of steps for me to get lost on.

Oh Alabama was it you that recommended Chantex to quit smoking? Sorry if I'm wrong. I asked my doctor for it last time I went....he refused to give me saying I'd kill someone if I took that with sub. Although he did prescribe me Wellbutrin. It's working great as an appetite suppressant but so far nothing to help me quit smoking! Maybe I'm expecting too much from it? I'm still smoking and have not slowed down...maybe I'll have to try to quit on my own? Anyone have any suggestions? I tried the e-cig....it does nothing for me. I've been taking the Wellbutrin for 2 weeks now...so maybe I just need more time on it.

I will try to clean up around my house today.....my yard needs some work in it! Lots of weeds to pull and sticks to pick up. Today is a perfect day for that.

Alabama how are you? How's your summer? Been busy? I know you are excited!

Decbaby how are you doing? Miss you....you must be busy!

Jess how are things going? Getting used to your new house?

Fancy you haven't checked in for a long time! How has your summer been?

Opio how are you? Hope you're doing good....enjoying your summer?

TE I know you're doing good! Always happy to see you!

Mk....I know I owe you....will try to do it today!

Joker it's been forever! How are you?

Lyoness if you read this.....I hope you are well!

Ok I hope I haven't missed anyone....if I have I'm sorry!
Old 08-14-2014, 01:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Today was a great day! My husband took the day off and we went to,lunch, ran errands together and it was just nice and fun! I saw my dr , got a refill on my suboxone...we talked about my cravings and she told me I don't owe an explanation to anyone to change my number for the 3rd time ...anxiety is quite low. Going to grill Later and it's a beautiful day here in the south! Cleanin, I was born and raised in commack! Moved to the south about 7 years ago.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey fellow long islander! I never knew that ashamedof! But it's nice to know Infact I live very close to commack.

It sounds like you had a lovely day! So happy to read your post! You deserve some good days don't you? Yep! Please stay with us here on our thread okay?
Old 08-14-2014, 03:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good morning from China! Clean that is great you are having beautiful weather, you sound wonderful.

Alabama, you do as well! You both are looking at the little things and being grateful. So nice to hear from you both.

6:40am here on Friday. Just got down on my knees and asked my HP to keep me sober today. I am going to a meeting tonight, first meeting since last sunday. This new schedule will need some time to work out some meetings in between, too long without a meeting. Crazy how the head starts going, easy to get stuck in there.

But started my day off great. Gray skies with rain last two days after a long summer in sunny AZ doesn't help the change. I always go through this when I get back, culture shock once again the why am I living here stuff starts to pop in my head. Will help when kids are back in school, they make the days so much better too. x was supposed to watch d last night and said with the rain it would be too challenging getting her. lol. I didn't even bother with fight, I just said sounds good! God I am growing up. But that put me another night away from a meeting. And the teachers after work all going for a drink sounded good!

I know better…..

Prayers, sober recovery, call my sponsor, talk to my higher power, ask to keep me sober today everything else will be all right.

love you all.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You made a very good choice final!

Love ya!
Old 08-14-2014, 07:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey. Thanks for the advice. Clean. Yes my therapist and psychiatrist both know about it and I'm going to a dbt group for women with eating disorders and borderline personality disorder. I love the group. It's helping. So I got granted an emergancy order of protection against my sons dad which includes my son and I. I'm looking for some free legal services to represent me in court and I have a witness and letters to bring from therapists. They told me if the witness can come that day do to her maybe having knee surgery. I need to go to court and ask for a continuance. I have to leads on legal help but I have to fax some stuff over and find out next week. As for the guy. He text me late last night saying no he is not mad and doesn't hate me at all. So I text him again once hey what's up then I asked him if he wanted to hang out. This 9 hours ago. So I don't know what is up with him!! But I'm hurt and pissed and not going to text him again unless he does first. And that depends. Idk but I may run into him at a meeting tomorrow that I'm going to after work. I'm not sure. Yes I know I need to get the eating disorder under control but my not under weight or anything. But I did eat a yogurt today and maybe try some more tomorrow. No promising but I will try.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Angel, I do hope you can manage to eat something. I can certainly appreciate how an eating disorder can be akin to an addiction.

Just wanted to drop in and say hi to Clean, Mama, Eyes, Tod, Blue
, and everyone else. Butter are you back with us yet my dear?
Old 08-14-2014, 11:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi lost! Good to see you! How are you today? Are things getting a little easier or still struggling?
Old 08-14-2014, 11:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Angel you are welcome. I know it's tough....it really is! But I believe you can get thru this. I really do. But I have to admit you scared me a little bit! But I'm relieved to know that your therapist and doctor know. Have they given you any tools to help you to eat? If so please use them tomorrow....I really want to read that you ate more than just yogurt! Try hard.....for your son! Ok?

But I'm very glad you got the restraining order all worked out. That's a relief I'm sure. Now remember the oxygen mask scenario.....you need to stay healthy so that you can be the best mom for that little boy of yours okay?

Hugs Angel
Old 08-15-2014, 04:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Lost, thanks for checking in on me! I'm up a bit early today - taking a half day from work and meeting up with a good friend that I haven't seen in quite some time (due to my isolation) so I am excited. I think forcing myself to start being social again is actually a good start for me. Must run to get in to work early (so I can leave early) but wanted to wish everyone a good day - or weekend for those who have already started it!
Old 08-15-2014, 07:03 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

All good here. The summer months are notoriously slow for business so things are just now starting to pick back up. I hired another employee and have been getting her up to speed. Of course that means more overhead and expenses but hope it will work out.

The wife and I are going on vacation starting week after next and I can't wait for that. Really looking forward to a relaxing couple of weeks with just the two of us.

Angel-I am probably the least qualified person to speak to you on this issue, but you need to stop being scared about upsetting a guy. Assuming he had been mad about you falling asleep, is that really someone you would want to be with? Treat yourself well and use this time to get your life in order and worry about meeting someone after that. I know the strain that my addiction had on my marriage. I am thankful everyday for all that my wife did for me but could not imagine asking someone new to step into such a situation.

Hope everyone else is doing well and has a wonderful weekend.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

All's well here. No complaints
Old 08-15-2014, 07:42 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Cleanin, I'll stick around..I kinda like y'all ! :-) thanks for having me!
I'm sorry that I'm not up to speed on everyone's stories but I just wanted to say to Angel , I understand ...my entire world used to be revolved around men, my weight, how attractive I looked to men, eating disorders , substance abuse (obviously) PTSD, bpd, anxiety and depression. I really want to try that therapy DBT, I heard it works well but takes some time to master, just like anything else I suppose. You're a young girl and I'm glad to see you here and trying to get it right now instead of in your 30's like me... I know you're sick of hearing this but forget the guy and the stress that comes with it girl! Focus on you and your health, that's number 1! He is just a small fish in a big pond. If he doesn't text you back, it's his loss. Seriously. Don't chase him or any guy for that matter. I used to starve myself too, got so skinny that I ended up collapsing and being hooked up to a feeding tube when I was around 19 years old. Not trying to scare you but when you starve yourself, your organs eventually stop working, mainly your heart. I hope you seek more help for your eating disorder, I really do. If you ever want to talk, send me a message.

It's another beautiful day here in the Carolina's! I'm going to clean my house, work on my business a little which I've neglected, play with my doggies, take a drive with the music up and maybe see a friend later for dinner, we shall see. Hope y'all have a great day! Smile , we're alive.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Wow I'm so happy to see everyone here! You guys made my day! It looks like another gorgeous day in the north east! What happened to summer? This is August but I'd swear it was the end of September early October. Only difference is the leaves haven't changed. Well, that's ok....I'll take it!

Thank God it's the weekend! I was looking forward to it. Will probably spend some family time at the beach tomorrow.....maybe park if weather remains like this.

Eyes and ashamedof glad to see you here....welcome! You both look like you have very nice and busy days planned! I noticed for me staying busy during early recovery was best. It was that idle down time when those sneaky using thoughts crept in. So it looks like you guys are doing great and grabbing recovery with both hands! That's wonderful!

Alabama I hope everything works out with your new hiree. I hope it helps take some of your workload off your hands so you can enjoy your family more. That's great that you guys are going on vacation! Enjoy! You worked hard at this and deserve an awesome life!

TE I'm glad everything is all good with you! You are another one who's worked mighty hard at this and deserves a beautiful life!

Final I hope you have a nice weekend! This will be the last one before school officially begins in China.....am I right? Enjoy girl...you deserve the best too!

Opio how are you doing.....haven't seen you in a while! Well I've see you on other threads but just checking on you....hope everything is ok with you.

Jess you must be getting ready for back-to-school.

Dsober alls good with you?

Mk so sorry but I really hope everything's ok with you!

Alright hope everyone reading this has a great weekend!
Old 08-16-2014, 02:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hello everybody! I survived my first wedding sober…. WOW so nice to wake up this morning at 5am not running to the fridge needed instant water or sugary drink!!!! I feel great, it was such a fun experience. I didn't sit at the wedding near the bar, getting angry they weren't serving me booze quick enough. Instead I enjoyed myself. Life is GOOD.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend?

Today I am grateful for the firsts in sobriety. First sober wedding CHECK.

Any others overly grateful for anything today?
Old 08-16-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Finaltime! That's awesome news! You did it baby! You made it thru your first wedding! I know it's not easy! I attended my daughters wedding after about 6 months into recovery! It was hard....I ended up leaving the reception a little early before people started going at it and getting super drunk. But I will say its certainly a new experience watching people get wilder and more animated as they down more and more drinks. I thought to myself..."Is that what I looked like?" Ha! Yes it is I'm sure even worse then that....because I could never stop at one or two.....I had to drink until I was puking my guts out! As well as making a complete and utter fool of myself! Thank you God for recovery!! That's for sure!

All right final glad you had a new experience and so happy you had a good time too!
Old 08-16-2014, 09:05 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by finaltime View Post
Hello everybody! I survived my first wedding sober…. WOW so nice to wake up this morning at 5am not running to the fridge needed instant water or sugary drink!!!! I feel great, it was such a fun experience. I didn't sit at the wedding near the bar, getting angry they weren't serving me booze quick enough. Instead I enjoyed myself. Life is GOOD.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend?

Today I am grateful for the firsts in sobriety. First sober wedding CHECK.

Any others overly grateful for anything today?
I am! So went to see a good friend last night - used to see her at least once a week, until I started isolating. She has a daughter who is 12, and I know I am one of her favorite people to see, she's grown up with me. She just had surgery two weeks ago, she has walked on her tip toes since she first started walking - they have tried PT, everything - but at the end they had to go in and cut the tendons in both her legs to straighten her feet out. She just got her casts off and is in boots now. Long way to go with PT but she is doing amazingly! And she said I was an inspiration to her, she's seen a lot of what I have had to deal with medically. It was the most heart warming experience I've had in quite a while.

Now that said - she was always pretty when she was younger - always told her mom she was in for trouble. I had to double check on her age - she looked 16! Not only just the pretty face now, but she's got a complete figure! I can't believe she's only 12, kids mature so much faster these days! She has a little boyfriend that she put me on faceplant or whatever it is (I'm so phone stupid), so I chatted with him and gave him my warnings - he was so embarrassed and laughing, don't think he knew what to make of me. Just a good time, nice night over all. And the first one sober in a long long time!
Old 08-16-2014, 09:35 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

And by the way - congrats on making it through your first wedding! Forgot to mention that part, and it's an amazing accomplishment! I love reading your posts!
Old 08-17-2014, 09:46 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Eyes I'm glad you had a great time with your friend last night! It's true that visiting with a friend really helps to rejuvenate you. It also gives you a little reprieve from your recovery and thoughts about that.... Like a break to take your mind off it.....because early recovery is hard stuff! It can really sap your energy...emotional and physical! But I'm glad it was nice for you!
Yeah they sure do mature faster these days. My son is 12 too...last year he actually talked about a girl friend too. Not much came of it....summer vacation started.,,.haven't heard a word about it. I guess wether they have any classes together will determine the outcome of their relationship. Ha!