Notices

How was your day? Part 6

Old 10-25-2014, 02:41 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

TE I also have went cold turkey every single time. Pretty sure I always thought I would taper, all to take all the pills and say F IT, will get through it.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:31 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Haha, yeah, those "tapers" went the same for me. No dice because if you stick with them, you dont get high. No way I could have done that at the time. If so, I wouldn't have run out every month in only 8 days

The only thing I ever took correctly was benzos and I even managed to screw that up in the end. Im convinced I just cant take dope unless I have been hit by a train and am forced to. Even then I would try to avoid it.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Hi all Monday Monday Monday is such a Day... we had a Great Trick or Treat Weekend.. raked the yard put up lights and Halloween sounds.. ahhahaah lots of big kids not to many little ones..so looking forward to the Halloween weekend.. Ed is 60.. we are to have weather of 65 to 70 degrees all week .. I can dig in my garden and set up for Spring.. lock down all the windows and wash up the blankets for winter.. yeah team... have fun Trick or Treat smell my feet give me something good to eat. hahahha
Old 10-27-2014, 07:40 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Old 10-27-2014, 11:40 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State

Nice belfry ardy.
Old 10-27-2014, 02:48 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Ardy I like reading what you write, makes me think about all the cool things back in USA.

All is well here, up early, going on a date with a pilot tonight
Old 10-29-2014, 01:48 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Final, I hope your date went well

All is well here. Dropped 3 more lbs so I am pretty close to the target weight. Might do 5 more under that just for fun. Im only losing fat so I guess it doesnt matter how low I go. Im at about 30 carbs a day and no issues so might stay with it awhile longer. I dont have the urge to eat stuff like that anymore anyway.

Its strange but quitting carbs was alot like quitting dope. Just do it and things will get easier with time.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:53 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

My date with the pilot was fun! he even brought a gift for my daughter...wow..what a way to warm a single moms heart. We have been talking non stop since. He is cool, not my usual type which is hot buff men with tattoos, that are darker, he is white, has a little belly and seems into me. Maybe its better I don't go with a man that I have to work my ass off to impress, they like me for who I am ??? WOW who would've thought??? LOL

He will be back into town next weekend, we shall see.
Old 11-02-2014, 12:16 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Woke up today with a message that a guy that is in the program with us is in the hospital, had a bike accident. I got ready, got the kid ready and headed to the hospital. At the hospital another guy from the program was already there, been there since 6:30. We hung out in the room, laughed, talked about everything and enjoyed a few hours before the meeting. My whole weekend has been spent doing things for others in recovery. A friend of mine is in the USA, she has 3 kids that have spent the week alone with their ayi. I went to watch the oldest son in a dance on Friday night, had all the kids over last night for dinner then trick/treating. This is the life I have never had, I have always been about me and only me. If I was to get into an accident, need help, I would have others from the fellowship there to help me. I have friends to call now daily, and people call me. I have a sponsor that keeps me on my toes. I have a higher power that I turn my will over to on a daily basis. When I am worried about something I turn it over.

This life is better than I ever imagined it would be. I was hanging out with another girl this weekend as well that is 3 weeks sober but not working a program. Not going to lie, it is hard to be with her. I am with her because she doesn't want to be alone, but unless she works a program (no matter what that is) I won't choose to be around her any longer. I remember how miserable I used to be. When I was miserable, I would make sure everyone around me new it. This is no longer the case.

The program I choose to work is not for everyone, but for me it is a life saver. I still struggle, I still question, I still am critical of others. I am working on these things though.

I don't worry. I know things will be okay. Living life this way is unreal. I have never had a group that would support me no matter what. I have never had someone that would come sit with me and let me cry for hours if I needed too. They understand me.

I am thankful for this.
Old 11-04-2014, 05:38 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Haha, well, I finally managed to pull a muscle in my neck and its been pouring it on me for a few days. I guess I overdid it one day. I am making it by cursing the muscle (eff you, do your worst), Tylenol and IcyHot gel. I haven't missed a workout over it and I refuse to. Let it hurt, it aint going to kill me. You know, it's just pain and I can function.

A year and a half ago I would have been secretly overjoyed because I would have been able to get extra dope from the doc without lying. No thanks. I have become incredibly defiant over any pain I feel and I like that.
Old 11-04-2014, 05:58 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

That's too bad TE. I hope the pain goes away....but I love the attitude!
Old 11-04-2014, 06:02 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Thanks, Clean. This too shall pass
Old 11-04-2014, 06:09 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

TiredEnough... mmm that is funny have had a couple of days last week like that .. and I don't work out.. well.. push pull and reset tables in conference rooms.. took a hot bath with lavander and rubbed tiger Balm with baby oil on the owow and in 48 hours it was better.. age are we getting older hahahahahaha prayers to all.. can't wait for it to snow..ardy
Old 11-04-2014, 06:13 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Ardy, pushing and pulling tables like that is working out. Im glad yours got better. Hot showers seem to help me alot too.

I think the same. Im not 17 anymore so aches and pains are the norm now. Thats ok
Old 11-05-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

I completed my second crossfit workout today!!! I was so sore after the workout monday. I went anyways!!
Old 11-12-2014, 04:35 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  
Free your mind

Hello, just checking in. Hope all is well. I'm hanging in there.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:33 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Glad to hear it, Badsneakers! It is a tough road but worth it.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:43 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

I've given up the ole carbs before & lost pure weight but like the bad penny I am I've rolled back into the carb scene at some point. Carbs are evil, like heroin, and need to be ignored!
Old 11-13-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedManc7 View Post
I've given up the ole carbs before & lost pure weight but like the bad penny I am I've rolled back into the carb scene at some point. Carbs are evil, like heroin, and need to be ignored!
all kidding aside, refined carbs are very drug like.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:04 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

how is my day today.. see these little areas of mental change are good for the soul mind and body... its snowing out at work in an area of old farm fields that are now going to office buildings but still have a lot of the trees deer turkeys and geese that roam the grounds.. I am at a retreat.. I think so every day Monday thru Friday for 8 hours.. work walks and feed the wild animals.. and drop you all notes. of different stuff in my head... my day right this very minute