*We* made it Another Day Part 12

Old 07-29-2014, 01:02 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

haha thanks. big hugs back
Old 07-29-2014, 01:49 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by buttercup89 View Post
Good morning gang

I don't want to be Margarine that doesn't sound as cute as buttercup and it has not such a nice memory bound to it as buttercup...

Oh yeah, i am very emotional! It's happening so soon. i am not sure if I should panic or be happy or cry or do everything at the same time. And yes i can get the 2nd shot in Boston, at least that's what my student adviser told me. Haha so yeah maybe i'll meet a nice male nurse or so :-)
It wasnt my idea!! Im only sharing some of the feedback I got. But Im not naming names or I might get clubbed.

Im sorry you feeling so emotional, but I figured you would be, because I would be. I wouldt know how to avoid it especially because of the distance. But you will experience so much and I hope its good for you personally and your career, and oh yeah your love life???

How are you going to pack all your stuff to come here? You must have a lot to bring or no because your not sure how long the stay will be right now?

I think you will come here and be so busy you will forget us all. Butter loose in Boston, its gonna get slippery.

hahahaha because I copied your post, it said I had too many smilies and I had to delete one, or I couldnt post !!
Old 07-29-2014, 01:59 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Haha Tell me the names ;-) or i'll have no more chocolate for you :P

it's okay i guess it's part of the whole thing. I'm a very emotional person in general, so this makes me even more emotional. Yeah, it'll be a great experience that's for sure and i'm excited. haha i hope so, my love life needs some action ;-)

In suitcases my plan is to buy housing stuff such as linens, towels, bed stuff and stuff like that when i'm there so i save that space for other stuff. the same goes for winter clothes such as my coat or boots. I'll go shopping when i need them. Basically, everything i can buy there and that's not too expensive i'll buy there...

i'll never gonna forget you! haha yes, Boston guys, get ready for some action!
Old 07-29-2014, 02:00 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EyesOfAStranger View Post
I missed Blue and Else while I was writing my novel!

Blue, I love your take on this. You are so strong, and I love how supportive you are. I especially like the part I bolded. <3
I missed you yesterday EYES. We need a smiley with some EYES.

I was thinking about your energy level, and how your pushing yourself to do things. I was wondering if you have any hobbies ? Do you like to do any types of crafts or anything? Last week my sister was watching one of the home shopping channels and they were doing a whole day of crafting or some such thing. She bought a whole bunch of stuff and sent me a text and had me go online to look at some stuff. Shes like " you need one of these too" wouldnt this be fun, we can work on these things together. So she talked me into ordering this machine called a Cricket. It hasnt arrived yet, but what I understand is it cuts and does layouts of all kinds of paper stock, fabric and you can make cards, and different things. She was so excited I got excited too. Then over the weekend we went to the Michaels craft store and were looking around. OMG they have so much stuff there and I had no idea paper and decorating cards was so big. I like to create scrapbooks so I think I can use the cutter to help with this. I came home with a whole bunch of card stock, decorative papers and tons of other silly stuff. I looked like I was setting up for a kindergarten project day. But Im looking forward to it now, and making my own fancy cards and scrapbook designs.

All of that to say, you might like to pick out some type of craft project for yourself. I made a whole capiz shell chandelier when husbunny was in rehab. It kept me busy, and was functional too !!
Old 07-29-2014, 02:25 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Waking up on Day 23 here!

Hubby is also home! He was told by his boss there were too many ppl at the shop so he was sent home. This happens off and on. He'll make more money from fixing the rider lawn mower he just fixed for a friend here at home than what he would have made working all day! Any Whoooooo!

Sending out good vibes for everyone to have a nice Evening!

TOD
Old 07-29-2014, 02:28 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Haha Tell me the names ;-) or i'll have no more chocolate for you :P

the same goes for winter clothes such as my coat or boots. I'll go shopping when i need them. Basically, everything i can buy there and that's not too expensive i'll buy there...

I want to know where your going to meet these Boston guys? I think maybe we need to make sure you plan is safe Butter. I think you need to meet some nice guy in the school, or a friend of an established friend with a pedigree. No printing of shirts with this logo: " Boston guys, get ready for some action"
Old 07-29-2014, 02:31 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

haha i haven't thought about that... maybe i should hang around harvard or boston university? in any case i'll stay away from trains!

why not? you, clean, mama and B. are all having fun, i want some fun too so the t-shirt is a good idea

blue, tell me about the californian guys! are they any good?
Old 07-29-2014, 03:15 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone! Butter you are anxious about your upcoming trip here? I had all three shots because of working in the hospital. Hope you can get the others through school when you come.

Blue,Else,Eyes hello.

Lost I hope your afternoon gets better. Nothing worse than feeling depressed. I felt that way yesterday.
Clean I am way behind in some of my deep cleaning. I need to go through one room at a time, top to bottom. I did mow the entire lawn today, went shopping, looked at the car for my son (in great condition BTW) which we will buy and he will be paying us back, cooked up Swedish meatballs and noodles for dinner and made a soup which is now simmering for a friend with metastasized cancer. Waiting for my h to come home and my daughter and family will be here to pick up their dog I've been watching since Sunday.

My daughter and family were at a memorial for her h' s grandmother with his parents and aunts and uncles, cousins. His parents are both high functioning alcoholics. His parents came in classified at 2:30 am and his Mom fell. My daughter said she woke the kids up she was so loud. Then she said her husband fell even though she was on the floor.
They got her up and went to bed. An hour later she fell again, possibly out of bed and was screaming in pain.Her h said he'd put her to bed and assess in the morning. He had to bring her to the hospital. She cracked a rib. My daughter's h is upset. He says she is getting much worse. So sad.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  

You all are amazing, I agree with Clean - the diversity is wonderful! And each story is as touching as the last. What a truly incredible group of people, I really mean that. You have no idea how much each and every one of you has helped me on this journey, just making it day to day. (((Thank you)))

You know Blue, interesting that you should say that. I used to love crafting years ago, back in my late teens early 20's, even sometimes sold stuff at local craft fairs. I must have gotten some urge recently because I went to Michaels and bought all sorts of modeling clay stuff a few months ago - tried it out once and then promptly packed it up and haven't used it since. Part of it was I don't have a lot of room to keep it all out, but I got a lot (I'm always overdoing it on whatever I do lol). I need to bring it back out and get back in to some sort of crafting, or art type stuff because I really have always enjoyed it. Thank you!!!

Originally Posted by BlueChair View Post
I think you will come here and be so busy you will forget us all. Butter loose in Boston, its gonna get slippery.
Prepare the city! What is sad is I have lived here my whole life, and you will probably see more than I ever have. It's weird when it's in your backyard, you don't have the same appreciation for the history around you.

Basically, everything i can buy there and that's not too expensive i'll buy there...

If you can find anything not too expensive around here you're doing good Actually there are some good finds, you just have to go a bit outside of the city to find the right stores. Do you drive when you're here at all? Or just use public transportation usually?

Hope everyone is doing well....hope you're feeling a bit better this morning Lost. I have had a couple of good days in a row now, but it has my anxiety building up - like waiting for the other shoe to drop! Ugh, day to day, I must remember that. Though a woman I worked with whose mother was just diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer about a month ago died this morning. Septic shock got in her system, and she had a lot of existing health issues, diabetic. Sigh, the old saying that it comes in 3's always seems to be true for me. So now I'm holding my breath afraid someone else around me will pass
Old 07-29-2014, 03:33 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  

I know i'm gonna get clubbed for that, but you should really make a trip to down town... it's so lovely when it's a nice day... hang around the public garden, go (window) shopping, walk along the charles... c'mon girl move your butt! appreciate your backyard

i do drive and i already found out that there's an ikea south of the city... and i'm sure i'll find a wallmart or so too.

i'm glad you had some good days... just stay positive, but i know what you mean... but taking it day by day and thinking positive helps

needing, yes i'm a bit anxious... the last time i went, i wasn't planning on staying that long and i knew what i had to expect. this time i don't know...
yeah, i'm not a friend of needles, shots, blood, hospitals or anything related to that... i'm glad when i'm done with that. according to the student advisor i can get my 2nd shot in the us. so i should be fine..

i'm so sorry about your daughter's mil. that's so sad.

and i think you made the right decision to buy that car for your son. I hope he appreciates it and will pay it back
Old 07-29-2014, 03:58 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

You were right!

But I should, when I was younger we'd have days like that. It's a bit harder for me to get around now, but I think you're right. A vacation day perhaps (rather than the weekend)...

I agree, I think you made the right decision on the car needing I know that had to be a tough choice but I believe in the end it will work out for the best!
Old 07-29-2014, 04:06 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  

*ouch*

yes you should definitively do that ;-) i'm always right
Old 07-29-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Well, you know what else is funny....if I was going to spend a day downtown I would take the train, not worth driving in and paying $30 to park! You know I'm not a big fan of the T, but I am on the red line and close enough that it's not a long ride, I could put up with that. My problem is I don't know how to get on anymore!!!!

When I used to go in town, I'd go to the T station, walk up to the booth and purchase 3 tokens - 2 to go in, and 1 to come back. Then they went and changed it all over to the Charlie Cards, and I don't know how to work it anymore! I mean, it was years ago they did that, but have been so embarrassed of walking around the station looking like a fool not knowing what to do or how to do it has kept me away haha!

The last time I took a bus you would deposit two quarters in the meter next to the driver. I have no idea how much the bus even costs now, or how you pay - because I doubt it is with "cash". Since had a car I have not needed the bus, just parked at the station but it's funny to think I wouldn't even know how! Not even sure what the T fare is these days either!
Old 07-29-2014, 04:24 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  

now that made me laugh

you just go to the t station and buy a charlie ticket at the machine for 5$ (as far as i remember it's 2.50$) and then you take the ticket and put it into that door thingy and take it out and when you go back you do the same it's much easier than it looks like. I don't know about the bus, but the T that don't have a real station (like the blue line) there you can pay cash ;-) I never took the bus lol.

may i ask on which t station you are?
Old 07-29-2014, 04:48 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  

I know, I'm such a boob, right? lol When you say "door thing" is it the turnstiles still? Like metal gates that have a bar you push through? Can you get change from the Charlie card thing - or are you stuck with whatever amount you have (say only a $20 bill)? Or is it even cash you put in - or a debit card? Ugh, I know it's so silly, I get anxiety over the strangest things! Happy to give you a laugh at my expensive if it cheers you up hehe

There are actually several stops that are close, but I usually (it's been quite a while) always used the Quincy Center station. Again, I think it's only because it's what I know. When my mother moved to the States back when she was younger, she lived in the city and always took public transportation...so she didn't get her driver's license until I was a teenager. So when we were kids she used to take me and my brother in town, and that was the only station you could reach by bus at the time, so that was the one we used. So again, I tend to stick with what I know
Old 07-29-2014, 04:57 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  

lol love that saying no, it's like gates now... you enter your ticket and the gates open and i believe you can get change but i'm not sure... or you can use your debit/credit card

it does, eyes, it distracts me

oh, i never made it that far, i only made it to jfk/umass. we used to play soccer there.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:27 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

You must have been to Castle Island then? Sounds like you spent some time around Southie. Now that is somewhere beautiful to go and walk on a nice day. Not to mention Sully's! Have you ever eaten there - it's actually called Sullivans, and it's almost more like a snack bar then restaurant. Hot dogs, burgers, fries...they sell just that simple stuff, yet it's the BEST ever! There is always a huge line, but it moves fast. I have not been there this year, you have given me motivation!!!
Old 07-29-2014, 05:31 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  

i actually never bene on castle island or in southie. The only thing i know is the t station and the soccer field... lol
Old 07-29-2014, 08:53 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi Everyone!

Back when I was married to my first husband in the 70's? He was out of state in AD AF training. He came home one weekend for a visit and brought another guy along with him. This other guy was from Boston, MA! We had so much fun laughing at each other's accents!

Butter: Are you going to school in Boston or going there to work? I thought I was going to have to tell you earlier to go take a cold shower! LOL

Lost: How ya doing? Is the GF delighted with her gifts?

Cleanin: Am I rubbing off on ya with all the cleaning I've been doing around here? It is nice to walk into an area that's been cleaned!

Blue: So Jagur came home! I know you were delighted about that! You do realize feeding them all those peanuts is going to bring mice and Rats into your area - don't ya? Hate to inform you too of this bad news! But squirrels are loaded in fleas and ticks! Keep a watch on your pets for signs of them!

Eyes: Here we are! Another day free of the pain meds! Tomorrow will be Day 24 for us! That 30 day mark is getting closer and closer!

Needing: Man! Your H's family has some serious issues going on in their house! It's so sad to read!

Else: Can you just imagine the novel we could have written with all of our stories in one book? It would be a best seller for sure!

Sorry if I missed anyone!

TOD
Old 07-29-2014, 09:00 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Hey TOD!

She did like them, thanks for asking The only thing was that her friends all got her Dior makeup too! lol, looks like she won't be running out of that for a while. But in reality, I could give her a poop-shaped paperweight and she'd be happy, she's just that sweet.

How are you doing today, TOD? What day are you on now?

Eyes, Clean, Elsie, Needing, Blue, Four, et. al, I hope you're all curled up in bed having a nice sound sleep