Notices

*We* made it Another Day Part 12

Old 07-24-2014, 11:21 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Clean you too???

I don't like where this is going.... can i have a cookie too? I want to know if i taste as fabulous as i am and as i look like :-)
Old 07-24-2014, 11:33 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Oh clean! We will be here for you. But I can't quit either yet and I smoke to much also. I think it may be a replacement issue? I plan to quit sometime soon. Maybe after our trip. My while family hates it. I only smoke outside and never in the car but they hate how I smell when I come in. Whatever you decide we will be here for you.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:38 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Needing I'm sorry you are going thru this.....it is so stressful when you want to help your son....but you've had bad experiences with it in the past! It's a tough decision to make let alone carry out! Everything seems to be riding on wether or not your son will like this job and stick with it. Is there anyway to put the car purchase on hold for awhile.....see how your son does with this job first? It seems like if your son knows he has to stick it out with this job before he can get a car, he will be less likely to bail if there is something that he doesn't like about it. No matter how good a job is....there are always things that we don't like.....maybe another coworker, the boss, or the hours. But when we know we have no choice but to overcome these obstacles, we learn to accept them and make the best if it. Just a thought.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:43 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Thanks Mama! I really appreciate it! I only smoke outside too and not in the car either.....my family is very very upset with my smoking! They say I stink! Which is probably true! I quit for a long time....but started back up again a few years ago. I really worry about my health more then anything. My kids keep warning me about health problems and every time those ads appear on TV they tell me to watch them. I can't it causes too much anxiety. My doctor's appointment is tomorrow....so I wanted to ask him about that chantix. I've heard it works.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:55 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

I've decided to do my experiment tonight. Yesterday I was all yucky when hubby got home from setting up the pool.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:13 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

I don't know what i should tell you clean... Of course it'd be healthier if you quit. But the thought that you want to get off subs worries me. Not saying you couldn't do it, but i'm worried about you. You said it makes you feel that you don't move on with your life. I have no idea, but if you had Diabetes would you feel the same way about the medicine you have to take? If you consider your addiction as a disease, and the subs as the medicine that helps you to stay healthy, i think there's no reason to feel that way. Do you see what i'm saying?
I don't know anything about subs, i am just worried and want you to make the right decision, whatever it might be
Old 07-24-2014, 12:13 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Clean he would not ever quit without having another job to go to. He has always worked. Problem before was all money was going to drugs(we just didn't know). He has to make enough to be able to pay back......if h decides to do it and if H decides he wants him to pay him.back. Ras car is not ready to break down. It has a lot of little things that are wrong and would be expensive to fix. He has had it for 10 years!
Old 07-24-2014, 12:47 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

hi needing, sorry i didn't mean to ignore you. Being turned into cookies, baked and eaten by several people had its consequences ;-)

It's a difficult decision. I really don't know what to do. Listen to your heart
Old 07-24-2014, 01:15 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Butter you are right in that it is medicine that I feel was nessesary to jump start my recovery....it is a maintenence med for me too. But I never intended to remain on it for life. It was supposed to be for transitional purposes only....to buy me time to attend an IOP, work on underlying issues and learn some tools to be able to remain in long term recovery. I completed my IOP and have had therapy as well. So I'm in a much better place now then when I first went on the sub. I want to try to live my life free from any kind of opiate. I won't know if I'm able to do that without first trying..right? If for so e reason I'm unable to cope....I can always go back on sub. But I feel like my personal goal is to be completely drug free...I don't feel like I'm fulfilling my goal without at least trying to move forward. Thank you though....you made me feel better about it! (((Hugs)))

Oh ok needing! That's very good! Then scratch what I just said. You do whatever you feel is right. I'm sure the decision you make will be the right one! BTW your son is still in my daily prayers. Praying this is the perfect job for him....that he will enjoy it and will be able to build a career out of it....because I think that is what you want....for your son to be happy and healthy.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

I'm so proud of you clean! I know you can do it. And we will be here for you! I also think it's a good idea to at least try. Like you said you can go back on if you need to.

Needing I hope it all works out with the car.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:24 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Thank you Mama! I know you will be here for me! My doctor appointment is tomorrow..so I will talk to him about stepping down some and the chantix. (Sp) how do you spell that anyway?
Old 07-24-2014, 01:26 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

I see and i understand that. I think if you feel strong enough you should try it and i'm certainly don't say all that because i don't think you could do it. I just don't want you to suffer.. You're a wonderful woman and I want you to be happy, you deserve to be happy. I guess you should listen to your heart, it will tell you when you're ready and then we will be here supporting you and cheering for you

Out of interest, is it possible to relapse when someone is on subs?
Old 07-24-2014, 01:30 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Mama what did you do with me? My head is exploding
Old 07-24-2014, 01:32 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

I'm so proud of you clean! I know you can do it. And we will be here for you! I also think it's a good idea to at least try. Like you said you can go back on if you need to.

Needing I hope it all works out with the car.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:58 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Thanks Mama and butter! The answer to your question butter is yes and no. Yes you can relapse.....but you must first stop taking the sub. So if a person uses while on the sub....they are going to wish they hadn't....because they will be so sick from precipitated WD. You can not use another opiate and get high on sub. Some have said they can....but I do not want to take that chance....because its supposed to make you very sick....like vomiting your guts out sick!
Old 07-24-2014, 02:26 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

okay i see.. it's like a safety net then. hmm... so how does it work? why does the sub help you? (if you want to talk about it)
Old 07-24-2014, 02:33 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by buttercup89 View Post
Haha thats a great idea blue . And the checks i send to you right? :-)

I was turned into cookies and now you will eat me
Yes send me the checks but they must be delivered by the penguins.

Do you see how I am there with a sad face over your being made into cookies.?
Old 07-24-2014, 02:35 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Hi blue! When is jaguar coming home?
Old 07-24-2014, 02:36 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mamahawk View Post
Else I don't mind talking about it. Really the forum just helps keep my mind off of it. I have suffered I've just accepted it. But I've also felt really good and been really happy. I try to focus on that part.
My FIL is really good about saying this whole thing can be a very positive life lesson. A chance to build on solid ground and develop healthy life habits. He’s always saying don’t rush things. Its helped us both to think of it like this. It has to do with personal feelings, beliefs, how we relate to experiences, challenges and trials. How we nurture our relationship too. I think it just takes time Mama. Some times its easy to get lost when we look in this very microscopic way, but if we step back and look at the whole then there is a clearer picture of where we are, how far we’ve come, and even where we want to go.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:41 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Do you see how I am there with a sad face over your being made into cookies.?
THANK YOU! Finally someone who resists and doesn't eat me! You're my favorite person do you want some swiss chocolate ;-)