Administrator

Hen House Talk- All are Welcome, Part 56

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-55-a-20.html

D
Old 06-13-2014, 05:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee

Jay, I will have withdrawals not hearing from you. Maybe you can check in with ames, once in a while, to let us know how you are doing. You are like family to us.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chicory View Post
Thank you Dee

Jay, I will have withdrawals not hearing from you. Maybe you can check in with ames, once in a while, to let us know how you are doing. You are family to us.
I feel the same way ~ so I deleted a word.

V xx
Old 06-13-2014, 06:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee! I can't copy paste on my phone anyway (or I don't know how), so very appreciative!

I still have a bit of nausea and I need to wake up without it to go to work!! Haven't heard back from Bratkin about dinner but I found out how hard it is to take on the phone or read texts with BB trying to get the phone.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-13-2014, 06:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

((Vee)) - I may not have a cell phone of my own, but there are pay phones a short walk from my place as I live in a college town. I can also walk to the library to get on a computer if I need to, but there's no privacy so getting on a recovery board there bothers me a bit. I guess it will be isolating...but there are still options. I'll be okay

I'll check in periodically. If I can't get on the website for whatever reason, I'll just email one of you instead. This is short term...I'm planning to have it all back by the end of August or the start of September. I just really need the $250 or so bucks I'll save for other, more pressing matters. I have picked up a few odd jobs too off craigslist (yardwork type stuff) to make a little extra cash when I'm not working at the vets. This whole surviving thing kind of sucks sometimes.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Maybe you qualify for the free safety cell phone?

I have one.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Darn I am proud of you ,though, Jay. I know some people who could learn a heck of a lot from you.
You are a survivor, and do it with maturity beyond your years, I think.

love and hugs.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Jay: There might be help wanted adds in your local newspaper too! So also check there. Might even be some dog walking jobs out there still for the taking!

Internet and cellphones have become such a stable thing in our lives these days, it's hard to live w/o them. There are many that do though.

You've proven time and time again how to get thru tough times. As well as Amy, TB, Venus and Norty!

The strength to survive is in all of us and when the time is handed to us we persevere!

TOD
Old 06-14-2014, 06:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Jay..I don't know..somehow it bothers me big time that you will not have
a phone..sure a pay phone is fine..yet to me..it just isn't the same..is there
not a way that you can get on a plan .. say with your sister's..talk to Ken and
Sue..just to add you on for a couple of months..They know you aren't irresponsible,
for crying out Loud..you make me scared if you don't have communication. Ok
that's how I feel Jay..I want you to be safe!!
Old 06-14-2014, 07:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

All you need to do is phone the food stamp office and ask for an application for a free phone. It really is a quick and easy process and next thing you know, you get a brand new cell phone in the mail, they were very prompt with mine....and we even have landlines.
It's really handy for us, David takes it with him when he goes to town or runs errands...he can call me if the car breaks down or more often I call him to add something to his shopping list.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Thanks for the info ((Live)), I'm sure I qualify. I didn't know such a thing existed.

The other option is what ((Lauren)) said, I could jump onto Ken & Sue's plan (they have told me so) and I will probably get on their plan after this, but right now, I really need the money to pay for medication and still make rent and I would prefer not to take a mini-loan from anyone if I don't have to. Jumping on their plan actually doesn't save me that much money, but it all adds up in the end, I suppose.
Old 06-14-2014, 03:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

RxRelief Card | Save up to 75% on your prescription medications

this is just one of several, I could not have filled my scrips without one before I got medicare/medicaid.

just check out prescription discount cards.

The so called Obama phone comes with a max of 250 minutes but unlimited texting I think, no rollover minutes. I chose 125 minutes per month with rollover. The minutes are loaded automatically each month.

both the cards and the phone are completely free.
Old 06-14-2014, 03:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Jay, actually you can probably, almost certainly, get your meds for free. Look up the pharma company, dig around their site for a PAP..patient assistance program, when you qualify they will send the meds to you or your dr for free.

If you PM me the names of the drugs, I will try to find the PAP for you.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:58 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I am sutffed. Dad, the bratkin's and I went out to eat and I have most of a steak in a to-go box, as well as baked potato and toast. The salad and broiled shrimp filled me up.

Had a wonderful morning at work, both C's were in a great mood?

Mots is whining to go outside but it's getting dark and I don't feel like chasing him down. Heck, I'm too full to chase anyone. Exercise starts back tomorrow...or Monday

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-14-2014, 10:42 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Amy: Took me a minute to realize you had changed your Avatar and another minute to figure out what it was! Their colors blend in well with everything else around them. * Glad you had a nice outing and dinner with the family! So different from the way things used to be with y'all! * What has been decided on the house now that there's been a low amount estimated on it?

Live: Glad you are over your depression! I too have a ton of books I could send you! They are sitting on the shelf collecting dust.

Jay: I hope you can find a solution to the internet/phone problem! There are many out there using the funded phones. You need to apply for everything you can! Don't be shy to ask for what's available!

Stepdaughter is coming out today - Father's Day - to spend the day with Jethro. They are also going to go buy some meat for the grill. So there'll be a nice supper later today!

Wishing all the father's out there A Happy Father's Day! No matter what sort of kids you have!

TOD
Old 06-16-2014, 06:44 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good morning Hen House!

It's too early to be up! Jethro has a doctor's appointment this morning so he can get the official release on his hand surgery. Not the Jethro release he did many days ago!

Stepdaughter goes in for her unltrasound and to find out what sex the baby is!

Have a nice day y'all!

TOD
Old 06-16-2014, 01:58 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Jethro is cleared to go back to work!

Stepdaughter is having a GIRL!

TOD
Old 06-16-2014, 02:38 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

TOD - Good news on both counts!

I just finished a book on my Nook, sitting on the deck with Sam and looking at all the weeds that popped up overnight. I should be a master with the lawn mower soon!

Bev and I may go walking, if it cools down and the humidity drops and it doesn't rain. It felt like 91 degrees, earlier, according to my weather app

Hope everyone is doing okay!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-17-2014, 04:38 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Good morning HH'rs!
Miss you all. been silly busy.. but will be back later. hope you all have a good day.

tod, how nice,,, her first girl?

hugs
chicory
Old 06-18-2014, 02:42 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I dunno, maybe I should be on whiners...

David was diagnosed with diabetes today.
We are going to a full day class about it tomorrow. I am not used to being anywhere at 7:45am. Will have to skip my trazadone tonight.

Downtown the sign said 103 this afternoon.

And I have a portable a/c unit but can't use it, the little one in the bedroom and the better one in the office have the electric lines fully loaded. I need/want a unit in the living room where I read.

I put a roast in the oven thinking we could hook up the portable but it immediately blew the breakers.

So, the living room and kitchen are too damned hot. From now on, it goes on the grill, crockpot, or George Foreman grill. MOAN!

AND the back support on the desk chair broke. Makes it very difficult to sit here at the desktop.

Also I STILL have not found my glasses.

Books can be expensive to ship but if you are willing TOD, pm me and I will send you my address.

However, I do still have my gratitude list.

hugs to all,
T