Notices

Hen House Talk- All are Welcome, Part 56

Old 07-24-2014, 06:32 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
FT

Your poor kitty! I'm glad he's happy and mobile again!

We had 3 rescue kitties, all solid black, one small, one medium, one big. Fresno is pretty big, but he is our medium one. The big black boy Rossi died last year, but he was pretty old. Now we have three cats again, after inheriting our son's cat when he couldn't take her where he moved to.

Fresno "bats" at the other cats with his stump, over which his fur has now all grown back. In the picture, he is about two or three weeks out from surgery and the shaved area still shows. The shaved part on his right foreleg is where he had an IV. He sneaks up on the other cats and "hits" them with his stump. He really slams 'em for a couple of minutes then leaves them alone after he feels that they are sufficiently "beat up."

I just love cats and have always had several. We've had many cat friends over the years, most all of them rescue kitties that nobody wanted and often abused.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:45 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Aw,FT,sorry about Rossi. I have a black kitty boy, Solomon (solly) who is about 18, and going strong, I think, considering.

Glad Fresno bats with the stump.. at least no one gets hurt and he still feels like he is the 'boss'

I am sure that I will always have cats. These may outlive me...lol. Fresno is very beautiful, and is a blessed kitty to have been rescued by someone so good.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:35 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi Hen House!

It's the wee hours on Friday morning! I'm still up getting stuff done! Considering how hot and humid it's going to be later today I have no problem with sleeping late under the A/C.

TB: Wanted to comment on what you said though! I know you are giving me a big thumbs up here and rooting for me. I want to remind you! I'm old and crippled! I'll get to that 30 days soon enough! I can only push this cart so fast! Roll your whip up and stick it under your Recliner!

(TOD) Day 18, wonderful. Pretty soon you will be celebrating 30 days. Keep up the good work.

Chicory and FT: Good job on keeping your kitties well cared for!

TOD
Old 07-25-2014, 02:05 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

TOD ~ so proud of you. Keep going girl! ♥

FT ~ hello. Glad your baby survived such trauma; it's hard for me to read. I get too emotional. But I think you are wonderful for doing all of this for your beautiful fluff.

Ames, TB, Live, chic, Jay.....everyone.....

Love to all in the HH,

V xx
Old 07-25-2014, 04:57 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

up late (reading Johnny Carson's biography), woke way too early.

57 degrees now but forecast high is 86, supposed to be a HOT weekend. There is an advisory out now for dense, patchy fog. <---sounds like a brain scan of me this morning
Old 07-25-2014, 05:28 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Good morning HH

Surprisingly the weather was very pleasant yesterday. Cloudy all day but the humidity wasn't bad and the temperatures were in the low 80s. Today mostly sunny in the low 80s with less humidity.

(FT) Good to see you. Sorry to hear about Rossi. I am glad to hear Fresno has fully recovered and being himself again. Animals usually find a way to adapt after traumatic event like an amputation and live a happy life. Glad it all worked out for you both.

(chicory) Wow, you sure went through a lot with Domino didn't you. You know what, I would've done the same for my babies. The love we have for our pets is undeniable. All animals are special and they teach us about caring, love, and responsibility. And whether your pet is a dog, a cat, when you look into their eyes you know you've got a friend forever.

(Live) Sending thoughts and prayers your way. I found this website I hope it helps https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...ANuXSTv5UI_9Yw Go to the bottom of the page and click your state.

(Venus) Always good to hear from you. I get worried when you're not around. How's the new job going?

(Lenina) What's going on on your side of the world?

Originally Posted by Tiredofdrugs View Post
Roll your whip up and stick it under your Recliner!

I upgraded to a new phone. I went from my $10 dollar flip phone that I had four years, to a $29 dollar app phone. My new tracphone Is still a prepaid cell phone which works well for me. No contracts or monthly bills.

I went to the mall yesterday, believe it or not, now they have this machine that buys your old cell phones and pays you cash on the spot. I tell you, I can't keep up with all this new technology.

Hugs to all
TB
Old 07-25-2014, 05:41 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Here are some more pictures from the mall.

I took these pictures with my new stupid phone.

TB
Old 07-25-2014, 02:04 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Great to see you back FT!! glad Fresno is doing well, sorry about Rossi.

Live - I do hope you can find a way to get help with the kitties. It's always great to have Chic looking for places, too.

I missed posting yesterday because I was just worn out. Alzheimer's and low blood sugar are not a good mix

Now I'm on the way back to work. Dad must of done some thinking as we talked and he didn't hang up on me again. Bratkins are leaving for KY Mon, the day before her 21st birthday. I will miss them, though I don't get to see them nearly as often as I'd like.

Going to finish up my resume this weekend, come hello or high water, and get it out there.

Gotta run, love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-25-2014, 04:47 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Did you know, lightning strikes the earth somewhere more than seventeen million times every day, or about two hundred times every second.

TB
Old 07-25-2014, 05:21 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello Hen House folks!

Day 19 here! Stacking the days Venus!

OHHHHH TB! I could have done w/o this image of you in the Recliner!

A new phone is always an interruption in our lives! Having to learn the damned thing is a feat all in itself! I'm grateful my daughter is just a text away to give me instructions on how to do things on them when I get stuck! She thinks her mom is SOOOO smart until she gets a goofy text question about our phones! LOL

It's turning HOT here, with heat warnings for the weekend. Then another cool down for next week! These are the kinds of summers I love. Hot then cold! Summers we can survive! We people around here get REALLY agitated when we are dealing with high heat temps day after day! Tempers grow short with each other real quick! It's days like these I remember being in the hot Army uniforms and felt like I was melting away in them. Glad those days are behind me - forever! I used boxes of corn starch back then to help myself stay cool!

TOD
Old 07-26-2014, 05:14 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Good morning HH

Yesterday was a gorgeous day, low 80s and the humidity wasn't bad.Today partly cloudy in the 80s with possible thunderstorms in the afternoon.

I have an appointment this morning for a chest x-ray at the hospital. The last time I had a chest x-ray they found some noodles. My new lung Dr. is having me take this x-ray or precautionary measure.

Hugs to all
TB
Old 07-26-2014, 11:47 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Good for you TOD!!

TB- I'm guessing you meant nodules? Certainly don't want you having noodles in your lungs This coming from the person who makes typos and wants to kill autocorrect on a regular basis!!

Today was just frustrating with the C's. I left their son a message on his phone, told him she has cut my hours then ordered his evil sister who hates their dad over because I was leaving and she hadn't had any sleep (after a 2-hour nap). Daughter had other plans.

Stray kitty picked the wrong time to come and eat Sam's food - Mots warned him then pounced. He was very proud of himself for defending their territory. I was out there with the flashlight on my phone chasing him down.

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-26-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good Afternoon Hen House!

Day 20 here! I woke up when Jethro came home. An hour ago! Glad he's home though! It's WAY too hot to be working outside! It's 96 degrees with heat factors of 105! He had let Martha Mae outside when he got home and by the time I made it to the room here? She was flying up at the door demanding to be let back inside when she heard mom in here! I opened the door to a freaking oven out there! She's now settled down in her cage cooling off. I have a fan pointed in the direction of the baby Wrens. Sure hope they don't get too hot under this hot porch! Momma Wren probably thought she had a good spot picked out back when it was much cooler!

TB: Noodles? There are many words that pop up in my posts that I ask myself: "How did that happen"? LOL Hope you get a good checkup!

Everyone have a nice day and stay cool!

TOD
Old 07-26-2014, 03:47 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

I know it was spelled nodule, I was just being silly. I make myself laugh with the things I come up with lol

TB
Old 07-26-2014, 03:50 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Did you know that the first ice cream cone was introduced at the St. Louis World's Fair in 1904? Children who attended the fair were the first ones in the world to eat this delicious treat. The story goes that when the ice cream vendor ran out of paper cups and spoons, he put the ice cream in a rolled up waffle that the man in the next booth was selling and an invention was born -- by accident!

TB
Old 07-26-2014, 06:25 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

I did know that one, TB

dad finally got on the road to KY and the bratkins are going to dinner with us tomorrow.

Tonight was a somewhat easier night. I told Mrs. C about her cutting my hours is causing me hardship, and she's more amenable to letting me work the 36 hours again. Thus may change tomorrow. Sons wife and daughter are back from their cruise and his wife will fight for me to get the hours. Son is very appreciative so I don't think it will be a problem.

Sitting on the deck, my favorite place with all 3 cats, listening to the crickets

Busy day, tomorrow catching up on housework, but actually looking forward to it. So glad I'm dealing with all that is going on by making my needs stated and an attitude of gratitude. Recovery rocks!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-27-2014, 05:13 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Good morning HH

Today hot and humid in the high 80s with rain all day and possible thunderstorms in the evening.

Woke up this morning not feeling well. I can feel my bronchitis kicking up so before it gets worse I'm going to the emergency room. I'm leaving now before the emergency room gets too crowded. There is nothing more I dislike then being around other sick people waiting for hours until its your turn to be seen.

Hugs to all
TB
Old 07-27-2014, 06:00 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well Tb..yet so happy you have medi care so that
your condition doesn't get worse. Rest easy today .. I will say a little prayer
for you..

Tod..glad that you are also doing well.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:50 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Hope you are feeling better, soon, TB. like Lauren, I'm so glad you have medical coverage again.

My funk is gone, finally!! Slept late, which is a luxury, and am about to finish up my resume. Will get it to Bev for critiquing, pick up the Capstar for Sam, clean house until it's time to go to dinner with dad and the bratkins. Dad and Mr Bratkin passed each other - dad heading home, Mr. Bratkin heading to TN.

the place we want to go is all you can eat southern style food. You sit at a big round table with a lazy Susan of all the food that is continuously replenished. May end up sitting with total strangers, but they're never strangers within 5 minutes. They close at 7, though, so will have to see if Mr. Bratkin gets home early enough to move some big things into the truck and get to the restaurant, but he's going to do his best. We have backup places in not.

Supposed to be hot, but for now it's nice and breezy.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-27-2014, 05:44 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

So glad you feel better Amy.

Parts of KY are very beautiful and I LOVE Louisville. Thought about moving there instead of here but opted for the milder winter.

We had tornado warnings but the storm has passed us by with only a little rain and will provide relief from the high temps for the next week. So far, no reported touch downs.

I am getting my money's worth from the KindleUnlimited. I read some thrillers and am now reading a biography of Lincoln, his depression and how it effected his presidency and the nation. very interesting.

Lincoln trivia (not from this book)...Lincoln formed the secret service...on the same day he was assassinated.

I find that disturbing.

Still have 2/3 of my book to go before I can start the next one. lol

so......hope all is peaceful for all here,
T