Notices

I hate hate HATE this. The Dope Game.

Old 04-26-2014, 10:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I hate hate HATE this. The Dope Game.

Does anyone ever get so angry at this? The 24/7 obsession over our vice? Quitting, tapering, relapsing, using.

Rinse and repeat.

I literally feel like I have nothing to do. I am not sure I even know who I am without dope or dope related topics to obsess over.

FYI I am smack dab in the middle of quitting Suboxone so I feel like S**! I have nothing to do and no energy to do anything.

What did some of you do to get yourself outta bed even for a few minutes? I think I could muster up the energy to get up, but no motivation, and nothing to do. I went out front to sit in the sunshine for about 3 minutes and headed straight back to bed.

Blah.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Life seems to have no zest for you right now. You are doing the best you can and want to feel better RIGHT NOW. When I quit using it was tough to wait and wait and wait to feel better. It took a long time for the chemicals to gradually leave my system and to regain some sense of "Ahhh...I feel good..."
I used to apply drug and got the feeling RIGHT NOW. It will take a while for your body to adjust and for you to find a NEW NORMAL. It will happen but not overnight.
Try to be kind and gentle and patient with yourself. Decide that however long it takes to feel better is exactly how long you will wait. It might be months or weeks or who knows? It is different for everyone.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Stopper - if you can't think of anything else then just read recovery materials all day. If you are going to obsess about it you can still choose to be positive about it.

As far as getting out of bed I would force myself to do as much as possible whether I wanted to or not. Eventually, things will start to become interesting again. If I questioned whether I could physically do it, I would always ask myself what would happen if they were offering a free kilo five miles away but I had to run there.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Your words will surely haunt me all weekend. LOL. I know it's not really supposed to be funny, but yes I'd have energy to run that race and the energy to whoop whoever's a$$ stood in my way.
VERY good point, thx for that. Feels good to laugh.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey sub stopper what I did to make it easier was I switched to dones for a while and got the long lasting methadone and Oxys out of my system and then I jumped off and kicked. I'm doing good at 7 days today, but bro I went cold turkey one time off a 180 mg maintenance dose of methadone and it was not pretty. I was 2 months just getting over the physical stuff. But your not Alone sub stopper. I used good old loperamide (Imodium ) to keep my WDs at bay. I know you can do it. I went ct off tramadol and had people laugh at me over it but it was hard also. I didn't want to move but I got up and made myself exercise
You can do this. Apply yourself and go one day at a time.