Notices

Addicted to Spice :(

Old 04-19-2014, 12:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Addicted to Spice :(

For the last 2 years I've been dependent on spice/k2/fake weed. Etc etc. I used to smoke weed all the time, Mary Jane was most deff my main lady. But one day one of my friends told me about flight or space cadet before it was discontinued. Basically I smoked more spice everyday and by the time I knew it, the strength from the spice caused my love of weed to disappear. Even if I would take a nice bong hit, weed still did no good. When I wouldn't have spice, I'd go through mostly mental withdrawals then physically. Recently, my mother passed away so the overbearing caused me to smoke spice to a dangerous extent. I'm at the point where not even spice can give me that same strong high it used to. If I don't have for a good half hour I start to sweat uncontrollably, next my consciousness likes to play games with me (this is the part where I say my mental is worse than my physical) one minute id tell myself it's done no more this is your last bag. But after I finish my bag, my mind tells me to go out and get more. Next I usually get insomnias, and my eating slows down, I don't vomit but my stomach does get sickly. I've tried many times to quit this stuff, but as many times as I try, I realized I can't do this on my own. That's why, when I found this website, and reading what other people had to say about their spice addiction, it gives me the strength to tell myself that I can do it too. Hopefully I can get passed this obstacle in my life and move on to something a lot better.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome back cvel. I'm thankful I got into recovery before spice hit the streets - it sounds like dreadful stuff.

I know you'll find a lot of support and experience here

D
Old 04-19-2014, 03:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Cvel.

That all sounds pretty terrible, cvel. I don't imagine people can keep that up for very long. Stick around. you will get support here. Could you see a doctor, or go to a rehab?
my best to you.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I haven't gone to see a doctor or rehab.
From what I heard going to a doctor they prescribe you with something so your withdrawals aren't as bad. I might look into
I have thought of rehab but being able to afford rehab is something I can't do :/
Old 04-19-2014, 06:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

there is another great guy quitting Spice too - he's on Day 3 today. You might want to hook-up and talk - you'll find his Thread under the Newcomers To Recovery Section . Hang around - you'll find lots of support here while you reclaim your Life.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

So basically today is the first time I haven't gone crazy for spice. I'm more than proud of myself for this, the longest I have gone without spice was 2 weeks but then I relapsed. Hopefully I can be spice free for the rest of my life, I also hope that whomever is having trouble like I am,you will overcome this, it's just temporary. Reading from what others say, and taking your realizations can make you become a stronger person.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you're feeling better cvel

D