Notices

Hen House Talk- All are Welcome, Part 54

Old 03-20-2014, 08:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hen House Talk- All are Welcome, Part 54

Here is the link to the previous thread. Thank you, Venus, for letting me know we need a new thread. My brain pretty much stays in "splat" mode lately

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-53-a-20.html

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-20-2014, 08:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you Amy love!!! I had forgotten all about "brain splat". Huge smile.
Goodnight to you and Mots and Tinker from Big Venus and Little Venus.
Sweet dreams!!!!

Love V xx
Old 03-20-2014, 10:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

I am ineligible for unemployment my state. 2 reasons:

If you quit your job without good cause or obtain termination for excessive absenteeism, tardiness or misconduct, you are not entitled to collect benefits in Wisconsin until you earn subsequent wages.
An investigation will be conducted to decide whether you are available for work. You may not have to be available for work while attending school if you are enrolled in a course of study that is considered "approved training."
While being student not make me ineligible, highly likely that I would be. Don't know what "approved training" is. Plus, first reason makes me absolute ineligible.

Amy, I understand your thinking, but the reason they fire me not because of illness. The official reason is too much time off. Not "efficient" for company.

TOD - Therapist, doctor's note do not matter. I have supply my manager with documentation already after surgery happen, so he did not fire me (not that I thought he would, just common sense). It does not matter, I not protected. They still grounds fire me. It rotten and immoral, but I don't know much do about it besides sit on complaint and see what happens with higher up HR-type person (small, local franchise - not big company so not even sure real HR?)... Rehire not bad idea, but I already been back at work. Been working last week. I don't think week off, then rehire in a week make difference. Not sure company policy either, but not sure they allow rehires of fired personnel? I don't know.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Once again Jay, I am just so sorry this happened to you, and I hope you find something else really soon. More hugs from me!

V xx
Old 03-20-2014, 11:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Old 03-21-2014, 03:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good morning HH

(((Jay))) Sorry to hear about your news.

Hugs to all
TB
Old 03-21-2014, 03:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((amy)))I bet you have arms of steel these days, from all the sanding and painting! Is this on the place you are going to stay? I get confused..
You will work the kitty thing out fine. Just you being there each day would make the outside kitty happy again.
I love your positive attitude, Amy. don't ever change.
yes, you know I will be crying when I say good bye to my LilyLeeLee...but Least is a good humom and Lily will have a wonderful life. I have to keep reminding myself that this is my goal, to find homes for the ones I rescue. since I can't keep them myself, sadly

(((Lauren))) finally got it... hubby was 'visited' by a chef, only when his eyes were closed.... I kept wondering why the chef waited for hubs to close eyes...lol.. I am ditzy...

(((Live))) so good to hear that your grandson is doing well! I would love to see Michael Jackson visit me...really sweet. hope today is an even better day for him, though I hear that the third day they are usually more sore... prayers for a good day, good healing, complete and total recovery.

sending hugs and prayers for everyones needs today...
love and hugs
chicory
Old 03-21-2014, 07:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good Morning HH Folks!

Here's a video for everyone! Jethro sent it to me yesterday.

TOD
Old 03-21-2014, 08:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Jay, I am so sorry, that is just devastating news. I wonder if the Americans with Disabilities Act would override the absenteeism on the unemployment?
I knew someone who was fired while in the hospital and sued and received a $7000 settlement. They used a lawyer on a contingency fee too.
But that doesn't bail you out in the here and now and provide you with needed funds.
In our area the Salvation Army helps with living expenses and gives out food and there are quite a few other charitable organizations that provide assistance. Food stamps are available too.

Lauren, love the story of your husband and the chef. The mind is such an amazing mystery!

Noah received 2 of his 3 packages, the most important ones, yesterday and was awake but I haven't heard if he liked any of it at all. I think it is pretty rude of my daughter to not even say thank you..but there ya go and why we often do not get along very well.
I also enclosed books for her to read since she will be in the hospital pretty much 24/7 until he is released.

They did not move him out of ICU yesterday but no word on why. Chicory, I also read that the 3d day can be the hardest. From what I read he will be doing deep breathing exercises and they will get him up to walk a short bit.
They will bring little brother Eli in to spend time with him when he is not hooked up to all sorts of scary looking stuff. He is only 6. and seeing his big brother whom he worships like that would be too disturbing to him.

I got a call from the pathology dept on my GI scope yesterday, they said there was mild damage from the GERD but all the biopsies came back ok. There was one that there was a tiny bit of concern over, a subdermal nodule on my pancreas. I did not worry tho. I expected it to come back ok. I am ever so grateful to have the GERD treated finally.
The nightly eruptions of my dinner forcefully blowing back up, even waking up choking and gagging on food particles was horrible. scary and disruptive of good sleep.

Amy, If I could get myself to be half as active as you are I am sure I would lose some of this weight!

We removed a water damaged chest of drawers from the bedroom yesterday and I have an unending pile of laundry and sorting what to keep and what to donate. We had to knock it apart to get it out, don't know how we got it in there in the first place.

We have a recliner temporarily parked in front of the washer/dryer I want to move in there, but not sure how with the narrow crooked hallway. Right now it is stacked with clean clothes I need to sort and put away.

All I did yesterday was the dishes and put fresh bedding on, I was sitting in the office knitting just waiting for a word about Noah and the rest of the family.
I do want to finish the knitting order ASAP and get it in the mail. 12 x 12 is taking more time than I would have anticipated. Now is a good time to get back to work on them.

love to all,
T
Old 03-21-2014, 08:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Live: Didn't mean to ignore you yesterday! Was just too tired to respond! Here's a few videos for you to enjoy some of the sounds we hear around our yard. But these aren't of our yard! While playing these videos. I had two cats staring out their window looking for them. LOL Plus I had several birds flying around the outside windows looking inside.

TOD
Old 03-21-2014, 11:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

I think someone is ready for Spring too!

TOD
Old 03-21-2014, 12:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Jay, sometimes bottom liners give me brain freeze! I'm also sorry this is
happening to you..

Chicory..I just know you and least were meant to know each other from
here as you each have a special way and understanding of kitties. heartwarming!

You know I've heard of mocking birds..yet never heard one or seen one before
in action..really amazing..

Live..good to know your grandson is ready to welcome his brother..don't be too
upset with your daughter..she is overwhelmed right now..so many things to think
and do..it is exhausting and she probably isn't sleeping herself with all that must
be done for now and later..she knows that you care..and will forgive her..perhaps
see this as a trust she has in you..a little step maybe..bigger down the road..
Good to know you are satisfied with your results..sometimes any process of
elimination gives us comfort..we know then how to maintain ourselves as someone
was listening and is working with us.

Amy..I keep wondering when I was your age..was I all vim and vinegar like you
are..keep going young lady~~lol~ you know I'm kidding you..yet you have a lot
of power going in that head of yours to get things done.

To all...I'm just trying to get the little things done around here..it is coming together.
This is the third call now for pre op I've had..Hubby is cooking up storms around here.
Somehow cooking is a wonderful therapy and his energy is there for these meals..
So far he has Lamb Stew done up..Now Curry Chicken brewing .. little does he know
that jello and ice cream will be my menu! He is too funny...he even has a tiny little
pot of chicken bones brewing for Mileys supper so she can have broth to keep her
skin from being dry..

We had a blizzard yesterday..snow all over the place..and a snow angel shovelled our
walk and drive way..to me..a great gift.

today I had to run all over the place with taxes..banking..post office and all the
inbetweens..so as it is beautiful out there...it is cold..so will snuggle a bit.

Hugs to all..

lauren
Old 03-21-2014, 04:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Lauren, I think I told Least before, that she and I seem to be twins... sometimes the same things happening to us. Lily was meant to be for Least, and I just did not know it.

Live- hugs.

love mockingbirds.. my favorite bird. love the videos Tod.. but I bet Mugsy is gonna end up breakfast for a gator someday. scary.

Jay, I can't believe that there is not a law preventing this sort of thing.

is the place where you first got injured off the hook about it? can't you get some compensation from them?
I know things will work out for the best. they will, because you are not a quitter. I love that about you.. I am sorry you have this worry though. I wish I could help.

love,
chicory
Old 03-21-2014, 05:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

((((Yakkie))) I believe there's extenuating circumstances for your absences. They are backed up by your doctors. The injuries were incurred on your old job. seems to me Workers Comp should come into play here. Yes, you want to work, are willing to work and are able to do some jobs. Pleae call Legal Aid or the lawyer who handled your initial injury in the foundry, it would be best to get legal representation on this. Employers and especially Workers Comp Insurance are, in MY personal experience are slimy and unethical. Their job is to protect the interests of the Corporation or Employer.

Amy had a good suggestion about calling one of those firms who do these cases. they will be able to help you sort this out.

I continue to think about this. I'm getting ready to leave for work with a bunch of open issues here. Please please let us find a new place to live out our days in peace.

Much love to the Hens and Roosters!

Lenina
Old 03-21-2014, 07:51 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

First of all, if I don't address everyone, I'm sorry. I'm so tired my splatted brain is double splatted.

Jay - I understand that they let you go due to excessive absenteeism, but that time was due to ILLNESS! I agree with Lenina about workmen's comp holding some responsibility. They were jackazzes with me, no help and snooty, so I sued them.

I don't think I have nearly the energy I NEED to have, and despite all that I'm doing, the weight is NOT coming off. I even ran up and down the basement steps (15 stairs) twice yesterday. Pretty sure my arms ARE muscling up, though, they don't have a chance not to.

Today we spent 7 hours trying to get a LOT of wax of a no-wax floor. I googled how to get it up - ammonia. Went to the store and got 11 bottles of it. You're supposed to pour it on the floor, let it sit for about 20 min. then the wax comes off.

We had windows open, fan on, etc. but working in areas like behind the fridge, under the table or desk? I had to go outside, as I couldn't even talk. Bev asked me a question, I started coughing, eyes watering, etc. I held my hand up, like "wait" and stood in the carport for a minute.

We scraped up tons of wax with spatulas (it really works!) and I'm sure there is still at least one more layer on it. I'd taken my shoes off, socks were soaked with ammonia, so I'm now wearing a pair of D's socks

Bev and T have friends coming in from out of town, tomorrow, so no work on the house. Still will be at the C's in the morning. They are doing Mrs. C's birthday party, tomorrow (last weekend, when it was her b'day, a lot of grandkids were in NY). I KNOW they want me to be there, but I get off at 12, party is at 4, and I just can't do it.

The job thing is frustrating me, so I'm channeling TB and his patience and good mojo. I'm now like the child that they don't know what to do with me. I'm still being told to sign up for classes for the provider position, have heard nothing from the nursing person.

One of the people I was e-mailing forwarded my message to D, who is a contractor. I'd give anything to have 1/8th of his knowledge. He intimidated the hello out of me our first class. Came in, said "this is a professional job, if it were up to me, looking around? I'd let half of you go". The last training class, when I'd been without my laptop and didn't have a way to practice, I was flustrated. I was trying to enter login info, he came up behind me and said "THIS is what you need". I thanked him but worried.

Last session, he was cool and encouraging. He'd worked (with the others) until after midnight, got to sleep at 2 a.m. Drove back in at 5a.m., had 2 tires blow. Left his car on the side of the road and got to work. He finally said "I'm out of here" about 7pm.

He's who I want to be when I grow up My e-mail doesn't come through on my phone, well enough, so will have to start toting around laptop. He says I need to contact the nursing person, was going to try to find out who to contact and let me know.

In the meantime, I'm supposed to be taking a class on Monday, can do a repeat (which I want) of our last session, but I don't know what to do. Praying for patience. They're working all weekend, the nursing lady called me last Sunday, so I'm not giving up that it will work out.

I got home, walked in the door and Mots ran out. Let Tinker out and she did her business so I gave her treats. Darned dog will eat your FINGERS if you feed her treats, so I just drop them on the floor.

Found out it will be $250 to spay her, optional physical would be extra. I WOULD like to check her for diabetes, as she drinks a LOT of water and lost weight, but she is not underweight. Before we can do that, all her shots have to be up to date. I told dad, no one will touch her without her shots and I know, for a fact, she hasn't had any in the last 8 years. That is about $105.

Dad went to the bratkin's for dinner. BB is sick, not eating/drinking much. I called bratkin, went to voice mail, so I texted her. Babies and dehydration are NOT a good mix so I shared my ES&H of baby care with her.

Just got Mots back in, going to bed soon. Will watch the videos tomorrow..just not enough time right now.

OH, the damned smoke alarm went off at 3a.m.!! I yelled at it, smacked it, put the fan in front of it (I remember some you could blow air into and they would shut up). It's electric, no batteries to take out. Bev said D's did that, and it needed cleaning out. I told dad if it did it again? I was going to take a hammer to it.

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-21-2014, 08:00 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Old 03-22-2014, 12:08 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

The nightly eruptions of my dinner forcefully blowing back up, even waking up choking and gagging on food particles was horrible. scary and disruptive of good sleep.
Live, I had similar symptoms before I was diagnosed with sleep apnea. Have you had that checked out? My symptoms have subsided since using CPAP.
Old 03-22-2014, 03:28 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

(((amy))) perhaps this is a good time to rest up, put worries out of your mind,and have a little break from them. do some yoga? it is wonderful. relaxing and strengthens muscles, like you would not expect it to.
hope bb feels better soon. lots of junk going around. its hard not to worry, especially for a nurse auntie
Have you spoken to the lady who called you and offered you that teaching position? Is this a medical center/hospital which has not opened up yet? am confused about that.

aerobics burn off calories more than anything i have ever tried. eat lean and mean and get the heart rate up, a lot, and you will see a difference. feels good too.

Live, I remember before going on my meds , I would wake choking.. dry throat, closed up and could not swallow!!! was scary. it was damage to my esophagus from reflux, and it got better when I got it treated. not eating at bedtime is critical for me, or raised pillows. glad you got treatment going!
maybe as stucco said, sleep apnea. I wonder if an irritated esophagus and sleep apnea go hand in hand as well?

hugs.
chicory
Old 03-22-2014, 03:45 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Good morning HH

Hugs to all
TB
Old 03-22-2014, 07:47 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thanks Stucco and Chicory. I just got medical insurance so I am getting checked out thoroughly for the first time ever. I had insurance before my first divorce but was young and didn't think about it. I have no idea if I have sleep apnea but I had a rough night last night, but then I ate shortly before going to bed too. I will need to catch up on my copays before I go in for much more. A couple were a lot higher than I expected.

Jay, I strongly agree with the others that you have a case with maybe even both companies. It would not provide the immediate funds you need but you could get a nice settlement. This situation is just all wrong. TB, Amy & I can all attest to how a settlement makes life easier. I spent mine by now otherwise I wish I could send help.

Lenina, fingers crossed that you happen upon the perfect home for you.

I sent Dayna a fb message asking if Noah liked his packages...it took her over 24 hours to respond but she said he liked everything (probably a bit of a kindly exageration) and that she just wasn't able to message much having her hands full. She must be staying in the room with Noah almost all the time. I am going to remember Lauren's wisdom and my mother-in-law said something similar.

I guess I just have some jealousy about the people who are there when I cannot be.

He is out of ICU now and she posted a photo of him sitting in a chair messing around on his laptop. He is doing so well the surgeon said he may be able to go home earlier than originally projected.

She put up posts about an upcoming fest and some other things today.

I have been pondering the earlier conversation of who depends upon whom between mates. From the outside it sure looks like I depend on David a lot. I do. But behind closed doors, I think he depends upon me too and not just for the laundry. LOL It starts from the moment he gets up and knows he will be greeted with a big smile and a hug. His well being has improved according to our therapists tests. He is not even needing his psychotropics that his family thought was so critical for him. He is safe, secure and has stress free and supportive companionship.
He has had things very hard in the past.

Amy, I am not understanding the job and it's training.

hugs to all!
T