Notices

Hen House Talk- All are Welcome, Part 54

Old 04-19-2014, 09:00 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Did y'all know you can put baking soda in the water with your boiling eggs to make peeling them easier?

Here's something else to do that will WOW the kids!

This is something everyone will love! Just imagine the look on your childs face when they see this.

FAIRIES IN A JAR DIRECTIONS:
1. Cut a glow stick and shake the contents into a jar. ...
2. Add diamond glitter
3. Seal the top
4. Shake hard

This is something they will never forget so its worth a little work on this one.

"Share" it with your friends who have family and friends.

TOD
Old 04-20-2014, 12:01 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Hello Friends!
wanted to check in ...I come here and read a lot but seem to of been without words for some time now. Really dealing with depression in a big way. It is not a new thing for me. It has pretty much been there my whole life and has often been what drives me back to drug use. I have about 110 days clean this go round. I go to meetings , do a lot of walking and am going to a training next week called Intentional Peer Support. I am really looking forward to it as I need something to stimulate my mind. I find that repeating the serenity prayer over and over in my head does help from sinking into that dark place of fear and hopelessness that I have been experiencing . I am seeing a psychiatrist and she gave me Effexor to try. Been two weeks and I have not noticed anything. The psychiatrist calls me medication resistant...but I keep moving forward despite the seemingly slow progress.
I am still at the Philidelphia House and every day is a experience here with the women just released from jail. Despite my circumstance my skills with people experiencing the trauma associated with incarceration is still strong and I am able to be of great help to the lady who runs it. Luckily I get free rent here for helping and at 650 a month I am grateful . I have not had ANY income since December . Applied for SSDI and still awaiting their final decision.
We had a amazing day here. A easter egg hunt for kids. We had 35 kids here and this huge house was zooming with little ones. One of our gals, a beautiful Athabascan girl , 27 years old got to see her kids for the first time in 3 years as she just was released. There is no feeling in the world like watching her together with her kids...I love it..I love to see good things happen in lives that have been ruled by bars and locked doors. It gives me a beautiful feeling inside. So glad I can feel other peoples joy. I'm not giving up. It has been very hard. I lost my storage with all my possesions so I have had to deal with that loss. There is nothing else left to loose now so it has to be all up from here. I am treasuring my sobriety this time..it is the ONE thing nobody can take from me and I can't loose it , only by my own choice.
Love all you guys here so much . So glad to see you all doing well. want you to know I read about the health issues going on and keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

love
Norty
Old 04-20-2014, 12:08 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Hello Norty love!

You are going through so much, yet your ability to help other people never diminishes.
I know what it's like dealing with depression long-term. (((hugs)))
I am so so sorry you lost all of your stuff, sigh. But I am so glad you are living at P House rent free. Although really, you are more than earning your keep.

I hope the woman that runs it will give you a lovely reference.
And I hope the disability insurance comes through.

You are brave and strong girl...and you deserve only good things to come your way.

Sending you huge amounts of love!!!

And TOD ~ the fairies in a jar are just lovely.

Love to all in the HH,

V xx
Old 04-20-2014, 02:33 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Happy Easter Hen House kids. I hope today is beautiful for everyone.
(((Norty)))) thanks for checking in. been thinking of you, and wondering. Sounds like you are doing good work there, in the PH. Glad you are getting some help, too, and prayers for your SSDI to be approved soon.
much love,
chicory
Old 04-20-2014, 05:03 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Good morning HH

Hugs to all
TB
Old 04-20-2014, 05:55 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Welcome ((Raider))

Happy Easter everyone!

((Norty)) - Good to hear from you.

Originally Posted by Lenina View Post
Yakkie, sounds like maybe the antiD's have kicked in?
((Lenina)) - Uhm, kind of? They're kicking in, yeah, but not in the way they're supposed to... I feel better with more energy (too much energy) but something else is at play here. I've had anti-ds kick in before and it is nothing like this. I have more energy and I am happier, but I also am wayyy more restless and jump from thought to thought. It's not bad by any means, but I am afraid of the inevitable crash to come. Honestly, these feelings kind of remind me of what I felt like on speed. No need to sleep, eat, just energetic/happy/chatty as all get out, with racing thoughts to boot. It's like a toned down euphoria. It's really hard for me to want to stop this because I DO feel great, but I know in the long run, this is not going to be beneficial. I have to make an appt. with pdoc tomorrow again...goody...
Old 04-20-2014, 07:12 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Happy Easter!!

Great to hear from you Norty. I am sorry to hear you lost your property, that by itself is depressing. Thank heavens your work is appreciated and you get rent free. Fingers crossed that you get your SSD very soon. It's early for the antid to be working, hopefully over the next few weeks you will gradually feel much better.

Jay, LOL, yeah too good, too fast. I don't blame you for not being excited about seeing the pdr, you know he will put the slapdown on this.

TB, always on my mind, tomorrow is the big day, no more nonsense from insur co.

Hello, Raider!

I think it would be fun to get paid to work in Chicago for a couple of weeks, Amy!

Hugs to all HH'ers!
Old 04-20-2014, 12:51 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

(((((HenHousers)))). I hope everyone is enjoying a beautiful Spring day! It's gorgeous here. I slept and slept. Strange dreams Body very achy and stiff. I have a few things that need doing. Got some fish and veggies to make in the parchment paper. Looks fun and easy.

((((norty))) always so good to see you, dear heart! I'm glad to know youve got an Interesting class to take and that as always, your Big Heart is open for anyone who needs it. Please never doubt you are here for a very special reason. And we love you for that.

((((Amy))) I hope you're at your church and the butterflies are flitting around for you! How is our Mots? Adjusting nicely it seems.

(((((chicory))) dang, is your store open today? yikes. I don't think much is open here. in fact, the whole city is very quiet for the past two weeks. Hubs tells me it's a combination of things going on: the Coachella music festival, the Long Beach Grand Prix, Spring Break and Passover. The people across the fence are having a big party. Slummys family is having something. I'm minding my own business. LOL.

If any of you have clear skies tonight, watch for the meteor showers. It's called the Lyrid Shower and expected to last two weeks. So give it a look and let's make wishes.

((((TB)))) I hope this day finds you more comfortable, with peace in your heart and good food on your table. a couple cats needing that good good cat loving. We love you and I know you're going to have release soon.

((((Yakkie))) Are you going to spend time with Kirby and Ken and Sue? Love to you and the Moose boy and little Sasha.

((((Venus))) love to you and the little V. hope your little feets are feeling better.

And I lit candles for all our missing hens and roosters. Wish they would check in. Windy has been in my mind a lot.

Much love and eggs!

Lenina
Old 04-20-2014, 05:50 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

TOD - That's really neat, will have to do that some time for BB.

Norty - I'm sorry you lost your possessions but am glad you are not having to pay rent, are still helping people with that big heart of yours, and taking the class. While I was at dad's today, I was going through stuff I had packed up and found some of the things you've sent me.

He is supposed to be getting an exterminator over there soon, but I had to pack up all precious stuff for a while.

Chic - I hope you are feeling better. I used to work holidays so others could spend that time with their kids, kinda like you're doing.

Venus - are you feeling any better yet?

TB - said a special prayer for you in church.

Lenina - Church was great, I've never seen so many people there. "My" twins were there, the baby I played with at Christmas Eve service was there. When the man who was a pallbearer at my mom's funeral saw me, I've never SEEN him grin so wide. I haven't actually seen any butterflies but I feel them.

Jay - I can understand why you're worried about the crash after being so energetic for this long. I really wish they'd find something that's a happy medium and works!

Live - Hope you and David had a good day. I haven't heard any more about Chicago so will just wait and see.

Went to dad's and was surprised to see BOTH the bratkin's there. BB was at her other grandma's, both kids worked really hard, then went to g'ma's to have Easter with BB.

I got a lot done - 3 more bags of trash (the more I go through stuff, the less I am attached to some of it) and ALL the carpet out from my old room. Moved my mom's cedar chest and both my bookshelves into my purple room.

Dad is sick, sounds like hell but I think it's a bad cold. He said he took ONE dose of Nyquil, last night, slept for 3 hours at the computer desk.

I may have another client. Bev called and her DIL's grandfather is dying. They have a sitter, but want someone with nursing experience as he's on hospice with meds. I talked to the one daughter, she is going to talk to her sister and will call me back tomorrow. It sounds as if he is pretty far advanced with cancer, but who knows.

I told her "I'm not bragging, but I'm very good at what I do, and I'd be like extended family since I already know his granddaughter". I guess it sounds rather egotistical, but it's the truth. M (the DIL) is VERY close to her grandfather and she asked for me. I'd rather be there than some stranger.

Okay, I will post this and another picture on FB, but have to show off my BB. I wasn't there (I was still working on the house), but she's my girl. Her very talented aunt made her dress AND a chair to match it!

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-21-2014, 05:13 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Good morning HH

Today is the day. Praying for the best.

Hugs to all
TB
Old 04-21-2014, 05:19 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes TB

D
Old 04-21-2014, 05:55 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

^^^ Ditto. ♥

Love you TB.

V xx
Old 04-21-2014, 09:04 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

TB, you will be on my mind all day. You are beloved by many and many are sending their thoughts and prayers to you on your behalf. I hope the appmt is fairly early so you don't have to spend a large part of your day in anxious anticipation.

BB is such a lovely little doll baby. How can one not spoil such a sweetie? Auntie must be VERY crafty to be able to make a matching chair!

Amy, congrats on the referral! Isn't is magnificent when your reputation precedes you and you have nothing to hide or worry about?

Glad you had a full work crew on the house, that helps. Is your dad still feeling badly?

Everyone in our little neighborhood that we know has had the cruds. David is starting to feel better..no fever and the cough is better.

Healing wishes to all those who are sick and/or not feeling well.

Norty, hoping your SSD goes thro lickety-split. The main thing in my state is to have adequate medical documentation. My lawyer had a huge file with a copy for the judge. I don't know what all was in it, but I do know the decision was based on statements from my medical team, past and present...and the evaluation by the SSD dr. I was, at the time, so disgusted with that interview and the interviewer (not the dr, wasn't seen by him), so was amazed it came to the conclusion favoring my case.
I was asked to count backwards from a 100 by 7s. I felt like saying NO, just NO. But I did it counting with my fingers lol. So few of the questions had anything at all to do with bipolar that I don't know how they came up with my assessment. Word to the wise, don't go in dressed up all spiffy and with makeup looking like you are ready for a job interview. They put a fair amount of weight on how you present yourself.

Where are you in this process, TOD?

My A friend phoned, he had gotten the mapquest and the letter I wrote him about 100% mutual respect and generosity. It was a comfortable conversation. He has a lot coming up so the whole trip would be postponed thus I did not tell him no. I never want to ever remind someone of what I have given them but needed to in this case, tho I addressed it broadly and not in any detail.

My daughter phoned on Friday, I was napping but David had a pleasant conversation with her. I would like to have been a fly on the wall because he has remarked how very touchy she is. He is thoughtful and pleasant by nature....and would not have reminded her that a visit meant I would be retrieving some of my things.

This whole last month has been out of whack and thus I fell off the wagon on decluttering but have kept up with my shiny sinks and the bathroom. Like you, Amy, I am finding myself less attached to things because even if I do like them, I have too much and it simply becomes clutter.

I wish I had some of Jay's energy!! But going without sleep is something I cannot let myself do. For a time after I got back from Argentina, whenever I had racing thoughts they would flip to spanish. The look on my pdr's face when asked if I was hearing things and I related this to her and..... then she remembered I knew some spanish was priceless. She kept up the no reaction face until she remembered and blurted out..oh, you know some spanish don't you? She had thought it was an auditory hallucination rather than just racing thoughts.
Those 4 check up questions: Seeing things? Hearing things? Sleep? Suicidal thoughts?
So, if I related that I was not wanting, needing or getting sleep is a big red flag.

I got to the point later by saying I am ok on the 4 questions as the appmts were too brief.

My care team no longer asks tho because they know I would tell them.

Since this is your first hypomania, Jay, it may just pass on it's own without complications but I doubt your pdr will just let it go since the lack of sleep can cause the other 3 things. and your are bound to get worn out at some point.

I would love to have a week of hypomania, I am sort of jealous. It blows that feeling great is pathologized but in my case it is valid.

didn't mean to write a novella!

hugs to all HH'ers
T
Old 04-21-2014, 10:27 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good afternoon HHer's!

TB's appointment was at 9:00 am this morning! He's being a real trooper hanging in there thru all the cancellations! He already knows about my XH having the same issue and that he went thru the expensive procedure to get rid of it. As well as the shots he had to take in the stomach area. I learned of my XH's after we had separated, before divorcing.

Hi Venus! How's the new job working out for ya? How's the foot soreness? Are y'all past the heat and into the cold weather now? It's 80 degrees here!

Amy: That is a wonderful picture of BB! So cute! Please do try the FAIRIES IN A JAR! Let me know how it turns out! Have you gotten caught up on your sleep?

Jay: I'd love some of that energy, but not from the way you are getting it! Maybe 1/2 the dose and see if that would make a difference. Ask your doctor what he thinks about that!

Live: You keep saying you are going to retrieve things from your daughter that is going to cause a problem! Can you possibly tell her you'd like to use/view them for awhile yourself and she can have them back later on? Sort of a sharing thing! That might make it easier on the both of you and won't cause problems! Or? Since you said in your post above: I am finding myself less attached to things because even if I do like them, I have too much and it simply becomes clutter. Don't retrieve it at all and just take pictures of them! You can put the pictures in frames and look at them all the time. And they won't be dust collectors either! And there will be peace between you and your daughter! Just thinking outside the box here! I've been sending my daughter hard copy photos from years past. If it's a picture I really didn't want to let go of? I have scanned them into my computer and now I have them as well as my daughter! She's having a blast sharing/talking about them with friends and hubby's family!

I talked about my SS on the other Thread. I haven't found not one doctor at the VAH that will do any sort of written letter to help the Veteran's get their Disability on either scale. That's how my dad was awarded his SS years ago though! That's CRAZY you had to count by 7's! Not everyone is good at math. That's almost impossible to do for some! The way my case has been going has been a good feeling at every intersection! Only to be denied a few months later.

TOD
Old 04-21-2014, 04:24 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Praying for good news from TB.

It's been a good day, other than the daughter who does not get along with Mr. C was really angry today and my stress level went up. She has some serious resentments.

Got a dr's appt. for today (just needed refills) but stopped by the house as I had a little time. T was taking the 2nd load to the dump, at that point he had taken in 1300 pounds of stuff from the basement, had another van full and some bags that wouldn't fit.

He told me how NICE it was not to worry about the animals

My a/c in my car isn't working, so going to see my mechanic tomorrow. I'm not sure that I didn't knock something off or loose when I was driving on that flat spare Hopefully, it won't cost a fortune.

Didn't hear anything from the lady about the other job, so will just keep looking for other jobs. I found out she does the hiring at a hospital, so I'd REALLY like to get to know her and it could turn into a full-time job!

Not sure why I'm so tired today, but will probably call it a night early.

Love to all of you, sorry I haven't addressed everyone. I check in through the day, then forget by the time I get home. Brain splat!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-21-2014, 08:20 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Regarding the conflict between my daughter and I, there is a very long back story..but she knows she will inherit all those things...but for now I just want to scream "I am NOT dead yet."

These things are family heirlooms, travel mementos of mine, gifts to me.

My son made me a dining room table as a Mother's day gift when he was a senior in high school, the table last I saw it was in pieces in her basement. My son is dead. I want my table.

I want the very valuable dresser that my grandparents set up house with and is my inheritance from them.

I want the mayan calendar from my first cruise. I later paid for her and her fiancee a cruise and they were able to shop for their own things.

She's very well off for a young lady of her age and can buy herself whatever she wants and has been able to travel for her own souveniers.

I want the painting of God's finger reaching to touch Adams, the part of the Sistine Chapel. It was a Christmas gift to me of something I wanted very much. She can buy her own art.

I want the bookcase that I painted and stenciled.

I want my dishes, I was a collector of them, esp antiques and far too many have been broken and/or lost.

I want my library.

She's trashed my wood blinds and pure marble cocktail table and expensive, quality entertainment center.

I want the photo I had enlarged to an 11 x 14 of the kids when I took them to be extras in "A League of Their Own". She can have a copy made of that. The frame is one my mother painstakingly refinished to put my baby picture in, which is still in the frame also.

The things that I want have meaning to me and are irreplacable.

I have visited 11 countries and have mementos of almost all but I don't have them.

By storing my things while I was in Florida making the big bucks and sending her a minimum of $500/month so she could go to college and take care of my grandson, she was able to have quite a nice household until she could have her own. I sent her expensive gifts. Let her use my car while I was in Argentina, as well as the things I acquired in Florida.

She is prospering now, I am no longer able to help her. I am having to start over in many ways. I cannot replace things. Our disability is a small portion of her income not including her husband's.

I don't want to live with Salvation Army furniture when I have beautiful things of monetary and sentimental value. I want to surround my self with my things and my memories.

I want her to respect me, all I have given her and fought for her and to not give me grief over me retrieving my belongings.

Hope things went well today, TB!!
Old 04-21-2014, 09:25 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Live: Oh my goodness! I was thinking on the lines of small things! By all means you should be able to get your belongings back. I would make a printout of what you typed above to take with you when you show up at her house with a trailer in tow to load your stuff up in it.

I had loaned some things to a former friend years ago. She is deeply into the medications now and got very nasty with me. When I asked for my stuff back. She told me NO! I let it go! It wasn't sentimental stuff or things I couldn't replace if I wanted to. I ran into her husband one day in town and asked about her. She isn't doing good. I asked him to please give me my stuff back when she passes. He laughed and said he would. He knows her temperament and how she is. So if I get it back? I get it back! If I don't? I don't!

But Yes you need your stuff back. And I understand now why you've talked about getting it back and wanting it back!

TOD
Old 04-22-2014, 03:33 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

((TB)) - I hope your appointment went well and whatever problem is occurring is treatable with little effort, money, and time.

Well, I think I finally exhausted. I fell asleep around 9, though I have been up since 4:00... I think this is the most I've slept (without interruption) in months given just the normal insomnia I generally experience. I see pdoc today for a brief "check-up." Blah.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:49 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Good morning HH

All went well. A little sore from the insertion area. Will know the results by the end of week. I'm praying for good news.

Hugs to all
TB
Old 04-22-2014, 04:48 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Praying for good news for you, too, (((TB)))) take it easy , and throw your worries on your Father's back, He said to.
love ya.

((((Live)))) I went through something a bit like that, smaller scale though.
upon event of my second marriage, my h to be was a bit hoity toity, and I knew he would not want to take some of my things into his home. I had things that were sentimental to me, although worthless to some people, I loved them and did not want to trash them(this should have been a big red flag, but I must be color blind)
My girls took a few things, and my sister said, "I will keep your stuff for you and you can have them back whenever you are ready". she has a place in the country, with old stuff like mine. a cabinet made by a former boyfriend, an old antique cedar chest given to me by an aunt, etc.
when the ill fated marriage dissolved, I wanted to collect my things, and rebuild a cozy home with them . My sister said something like "But this stuff is sentimental to ME", and did not want to give them back. We never had a good relationship , and I just did not see her for years. Finally, two years ago, I sent word to her that I was coming for my things, and would return to her a piece of art work she had done and sold to my husband to be, before we married, for a wedding gift. that got her attention. so selfish. greedy.
I showed up, gave her artwork, and took my things. I am happy about it now, as it ate me up being resentful of her.

When our mom died, she showed up, immediately and took a truck full of mothers antiques, saying she wanted to protect them, in case the govt came and claimed mothers stuff, as she was on medicaid?? and they get their money back if you die without a will, which is what happened. we had to sell the house (after we cleaned the hoarder situation, what an awful time), and medicaid claimed their share of it.

anyway, me, my other sister and our brother never saw the antiques again. including things that should have gone to this one or that one.

We have let it go.. its only things, but I am glad that I got my little treasures from her, and dealt with her greed face to face. some people are just selfish .

I hope you get your things back.

love
chic