Notices

Hen House Talk- All are Welcome, Part 54

Old 04-17-2014, 07:48 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Shabbat shalom.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:49 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Ahhhh Venus! You've missed out on some fun times!

A few years ago when my daughter was overseas on a TDY. Her husband took their two kids to the Washington White House Easter egg hunt. They had a blast looking for eggs on the White House lawn. And we got some great pictures from them on their day out!

TOD
Old 04-17-2014, 08:13 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Jethro and I spent most of the afternoon outside with the kids today! It was a beautiful day to be outside. There's a part of the dog pen I just love sitting with the kids. Jethro and I brought lawn chairs and snacks to this area and just sat and talked while watching the kids. He was on the phone off and on with mom. She bought herself a new 2014 vehicle today! My older sister asked mom who went with her? She said; nobody! My sister then said; I can't believe you went by yourself! Mom said; I put my big britches on and walked right into the Dealership and walked out with a brand new vehicle. LOL

It was a GOOD day, today! So nice to just sit with my husband and enjoy the events of the day. I had carried Maria and Molly to so many different areas to eat different things, that Maria tuckered out on me and fell asleep while I was carrying her. I brought her inside and tucked her in a corner of the couch to take a nap. She's been telling daddy for an hour now it's time to go to bed! I cooked a nice supper for us and it's going to be an early night for all of us. We are plum tuckered out! Here's a picture off the area where we were sitting.

Everyone have a nice Friday!

TOD
Old 04-18-2014, 05:17 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
Shabbat shalom.
Forgive my stupidity, people say this but I have never figured out what it meant. What does it mean?

((40T)) - Thanks for dropping by! I'm glad you got to see your grandson, that must have been a great day . Hopefully there are more to come.

((Venus)) - I never did the Easter egg dying thing either...not even when I was young. The not Easter egg hunt I've ever done was at a friends house when I slept over once, I think I was 7? I don't know. But you don't eat chocolate?! I don't eat it often but I do like it!

((TOD)) - sounds like a day well spent. I hope to have a house someday with a yard, tucked away somewhere where people won't bother me. That way I can sit outside and do what I want when I want to..
Old 04-18-2014, 05:29 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Good morning HH

Lord, you know me inside and out. You know about my pain and distress, you understand the fears of my heart. At the cross you endured unabating agony. You have gone before me into the darkness and emerged in power and glory. At this time I lean on you, I draw my strength from your endless love and live in your limitless grace. Trusting in You. Amen

Hugs to all
TB
Old 04-18-2014, 05:44 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

(((TB)))

Nope Jay, I don't eat chocolate...sorry, I don't like it anymore. Kind of like alcohol, I've had my fill.

Shabbat Shalom literally means Hello Shabbos...hello sabbath...but it is meant to mean Good Sabbath.

Nitey nite HH,

Love V xx
Old 04-18-2014, 05:48 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Peaceful Sabbath.
jewish religion only recognizes the old testament of the bible. Thus they do not celebrate Easter or anything associated with it, like hunting for eggs
...however my bff who is jewish will eat chocolate and peeps! And makes little baskets for her boyfriend's grandkids.
I think that jellybeans dont have a religion nor do peeps.
I dislike some chocolate since I started playing Candy Crush....
Old 04-18-2014, 05:55 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Peeps are gross
Old 04-18-2014, 08:33 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good Morning HHer's!

TB: You're the greatest!

Slept like a log for nine hours straight. I couldn't have stayed awake another minute. Other than the quilts being pulled back you couldn't tell I was even in the bed!

Jay: In the future! Just copy anything you don't understand and paste in your search bar. Ask what does this mean - ----------- and you'll get your answer!

I've grown up going to church and gathering with all the other kids after church services to run around the church yard hunting Easter eggs. Now as an adult I get to hide the eggs and watch the younger ones hunt eggs. The Pastor we have at our church now has a party on Saturdays in the church yard. He has five kids and they are also Foster parents!

I sent my daughter an Easter Card and filled it up with pictures of herself from younger days hunting Easter eggs. She has a box that she puts all these cards and pictures in. She calls it her Treasure Box of past goodies and memories!

I don't like the peeps candy either! Gross! I do like the chocolate covered marshmallows though! I like milk chocolate way better than the dark or rich chocolates.

Living on two acres is work! LOL Always something to care for. And just when you think you're on top of it? A storm comes thru and says; No you aren't. But we LOVE it! And it's all paid for. And we never have to pay another tax dollar on it either! Joy Joy Joy Thanks to being Grandfather claused in too? We can do anything we want and not have to get permission or a permit to do it.

It was one of those peaceful days yesterday sitting with Jethro in the back dog pen. Resting, talking, listening to all the birds as well as the crazy Mocking bird that makes all the different sounds. Half the bird population is fighting for a mate and the other half are busy building nests together. There's a large nest in one of the tarp covered pens now. Smart birds. Built it in the corner under the corner of the tarp for cover and wire to hold it up. It's a pair of Cardinals.

Have a hair appointment today for the usual cut and color! My hairdresser is always amazed at how long my hair gets each time I come in to see her. LOL She loves my hair. Just wants to always curl it or straight iron it after it's cut and colored. She's a goof and so entertaining. I've been trying to talk my mom into letting her do something different with her hair. Mom keeps saying NO! Maybe now that she's got a brand new car to run around in, she might let me talk her into it. I'm glad she traded the Jeep and truck in. They are reminders of times with dad. She had a difficult time getting into them soon after he passed. Now she can make new memories in her new vehicle! She was a little miffed when she found out it didn't have a CD player! It has a SD component. I see time coming to be sitting here to download all her music on a chip so she can listen to her favorite songs! LOL The SD chip holds up to 1000 songs. Lordy!

TOD
Old 04-18-2014, 10:06 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

FYI, if any of you get a weird spam email from me, I didn't send it. Amy told me of this yesterday, and TOD reminded me today. I just changed my password so all should be good now. If you keep getting them, let me know. Sorry.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:37 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Yakkie dear, feel free to ask me any questions you have...if I know the answer I'm happy to share with you and have conversation.
How is little Sasha doing these days? I'd love to see a new pic....Sammy loves cats, they dont threaten him like big dogs...vet says he has a Napoleon complex.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:41 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  

40 - It was SO good to see your post this morning when I checked SR on my phone!! I've missed you Awesome that you got to see your grandson and I hope it becomes a routine thing.

TB - Prayers still going up.

Good day, today, though raining on and off. Bev's friend S and I worked down in the basement, made a lot of progress - there are at least 30 large trashbags outside.

The C's son came by and they finished the molding on the downstairs bathroom. We found all kinds of things, including what looked like some kind of handheld vacuum. I searched it on my phone and it's a dog hair dryer - goes for almost $200?!?! We decided it would NOT work on the cats as it would scare the hello out of them.

Speaking of, Mots was on the bed with me when I fell asleep, woke up and he was under it and now would only come out a little while then back under the bed. He seems quite happy and will come out to eat or drink, but he's not eating much.

I'm going to find something to eat.

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-18-2014, 07:07 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  

((((40)))) Your post made me cry happy tears for you. I am so happy that you got to see your precious grandson. May you make up for lost time and have a close and wonderful relationship. that must have been the most wonderful day ever. many hugs, much love.

(((tb))) thank you, that was beautiful.

love and hugs.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:31 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Good morning HH

Hugs to all
TB
Old 04-19-2014, 03:18 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  

40 - Sure would love it if you checked in more often, with your awesome posts, but grateful for when you do get here

Chic and Venus - how are you two feeling?

Jay - are you still putting the energizer bunny out of business?

It took 4 months, but I made Mr. C mad at me today. Not that I've tried, but we got him a special foam cushion for his chair to help prevent skin breakdown and he's decided he doesn't like it and it's "MY chair". I let it go but he was still ticked when I left.

It's okay, I'd already prepared his wife that, at some point, he was most likely not going to be happy with me, but that is part of dealing with alzheimers.

Helped Bev some more in the basement. We are halfway through our 2nd bag of 56 large bags. Found some cool stuff, other things we were scratching our heads as why he kept them. I don't have to help her, I'm not getting paid, but I'm glad to do it.

I leave things in the fridge for her, she leaves things for me. Now THAT is what friendship is all about

Called mom-Kay to make sure church was at the normal time tomorrow, and it is. Wasn't sure if they would have an earlier service. Will go to church, come home and change clothes, then go down to dad's and work on my old room to get the last piece of carpet up and organize things a bit better.

I tried to get Mots to come out while Bev was here, no go. I ran to the store (never go to a grocery store the evening before Easter) and when I got home, he was all nice and comfy on TOP of the bed, so that is a good thing. I was beginning to worry he was never going to come out from underneath unless I was in here.

Got a text from one of the Epic people that work contract work - would I be interested in going to Chicago for 2 weeks. I told her yes, but need more details. Mrs. C said "go!" and I told Bev I'd take Mots back to dad's if it works out.

I just don't feel like I'm qualified (my friend said to study up). However, it makes me feel good she contacted me, as I must not be as ignorant as I thought.

Whether it works out or not, I will hand over. I won't do trips that are 4-6 weeks, but 2 I could handle. I also have a niece in Chicago. Will just wait and see.

TB - Will say extra prayers for you in church tomorrow. Don't really think it matters where we say prayers, but figure it couldn't hurt?

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-19-2014, 04:05 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
Jay - are you still putting the energizer bunny out of business?
You bet...I think I'm killing Moose in the process. I can't tell. A tired dog is happy dog right? I had the day off, so we went to the dog park, took a long walk, and went on a run...needless to say, he's snoozing on the cool floor (it's 60 degrees here today ).

You should go to Chicago! Check out some of the places while you are there too, if you have time.

((Fandy)) - Sasha is a brat but is a "good" brat. She just did a run around the apartment and pounced on sleeping Moose...she really enjoys torturing him. Luckily, he doesn't mind. She stopped chewing up my shoelaces, so that's a plus. I think she only stopped because she probably started some other mischief that I have yet to find... maybe she's like a ferret and hoards shiny things. I have had a few coins from the coffee table go missing lately...
Old 04-19-2014, 04:15 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Hi Hen people.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:44 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey Raoder

D
Old 04-19-2014, 05:05 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Hi Raider!

Jay - Mots still loves my shoelaces, especially from the shoes I am trying to put on! From what I know of Labs, Moose will let you know when he's had enough. He's probably having happy dreams of all the walks and runs

Just got a call from my cousin needing money? Long story short, told her "sorry, I have to take care of My bills, can't help you" and told her to not bother calling dad. Found out she called him last week needing money for something else. NMP.

Jay - I actually went to Chicago a couple of times when my stepsister lived there. Saw a few sites, but it would be really nice to reconnect with my niece. Her mom/my stepsister has been battling a heroin addiction for a few years but I still connect with my niece. I think her sister is in prison

I will just wait and see what happens. I really don't feel qualified with the training I got, but my friend said I know more than I think I do. Who knows? I will jump on it if given the chance.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-19-2014, 07:28 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  

hey Raider! Please join in!

Chicago is a great town. rumor is that it would be paradise if it weren't for the weather! LOL

(((((TB)))) Offering up for you tonight. The nice beeswax candles during this waning moon. May your pain Decrease, may the infection weaken and fade away. may your anxiety dim.

Amy, I'm so glad you've settled down at the new pad. you sound so much more relaxed and happy! and I love the pics of Mots O Ball. LOL.

((((((40))))) darling, always so good to see you! Do favor us with your company more often, OK?

Yakkie, sounds like maybe the antiD's have kicked in? So glad you're feeling better!

we went it the Hammer Museum today. no you silly things, it's not a museum of hammers...it's Amand Hammer's little deal. good Barabra Kruger stuff, she's one of my favorites. Admission is free these days. Some other strange stuff. Can't say I liked it too much. Had some of the Parisian Tea and Morphine period art.

I am so fat. I've gained 5 pounds since Ive been home! But I was off my throid meds.

Oy, I'll be back later. Love to all the hens and roostas!

Lenina