Notices

Trying to quit pot again

Old 12-18-2014, 06:57 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Awesome to hear,VC !!! How are you feeling these days ?
Old 12-18-2014, 10:34 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

If it's possible to move this old thread to the MF forum, I would like that.
Old 12-18-2014, 04:59 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

^^^ (Perhaps ask Dee bunny?) ♥
Old 12-18-2014, 05:06 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  
Administrator

done

D
Old 12-18-2014, 09:29 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Thank you!
Old 12-20-2014, 10:07 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

The friend who used to bring three or four bags of weed when he came to stay for the weekend is here. This time I set a boundary - please no weed. He is not as addicted as we used to be so he said it was no problem not to bring it. I had been really trigger in the lead up to his visit because last time he came was my only slip up since I fully quit on March 2nd, 2014. Just thinking about him coming gave me mild cravings for the first time in SO long. My bf and I talked it out and I thought it out. Now that he's here I feel fine. Yay to boundaries.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:23 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's great WB

D
Old 12-22-2014, 09:41 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Well, funny thing... friend did not respect boundary!!! What? Really surprising from him. I guess he is as addicted as I used to be after all. Bf had initially told him to either not bring it or if he could not go without, make it so I had no idea he had brought it (sneak after I went to bed, not discuss it etc). Then bf called him and said better to just not bring and that was agreed upon. Supposedly he is not addicted so going without for four days should be no problem.

Then when he arrived he told my bf in secret that he brought some. Bf said "whatever you do, don't let her know!" So no-one mentioned it and I was happy thinking none was around. Then friend had a few drinks at party and confessed to me that he had some with him. I felt lied to and asked bf wtf? Bf was mortified and quite annoyed that friend had told me because that was my main thing, I didn't want to think about it being in my house.

Turns out I was fine anyway. I didn't see it or smell it (aside from at party) and knowing it was there did not trigger me. Bf also did not smoke it because he wanted to support me. Also, he mentioned that he thought about sneaking some but realized that HE did not want to smoke it again despite craving it. I'm glad it was his decision that he didn't and that we both made it through the weekend just fine. Amazing how friends can be so insensitive though!
Old 12-22-2014, 09:48 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  
Administrator

I kinda figured that a guy who carried as much weed as you said he did might have a little bigger problem that he was admitting to.

I'm really glad all went well.

You're not pissed at bf for trying to keep it a secret from you?

D
Old 12-22-2014, 09:55 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

I was also thinking that he would have brought some with him...just glad you got through it unscathed bunny.

And you know, when I was smoking...I was never trustworthy. My grass came first and last. That's one of the reasons I do not have any smoking friends in my life anymore, because everyone I smoked with was just like me.

V xx
Old 12-22-2014, 10:20 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Was mad at bf at first because he'd told me friend would not bring it and I felt lied to. I did put bf in an awkward position though. I had told him that if friend absolutely had to bring it, I didn't want to have any idea it was there. My priority is avoiding it - not knowing it is there is about the same as it not being there. Bf was hopping foot to foot trying to keep me in the dark as I asked. I was more angry that friend told me he had it even after I told him that I was only in danger if there was weed in my house and I was alone with it. Then he said, "so if I had any I should not tell you..." and then he confessed. Talk about an idiotic move.

I'm not judging friend as bad person for being addicted, I know, I know! I know that I would have not been able to go four whole days without but I would have been so sneaky no-one ever would have known. It's just a tricky situation because this guy is much more than a smoking buddy. We left behind all our smoking buddies.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:17 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  
Administrator

Fair enough. Sounds like a difficult situation was dealt with pretty well then?

D
Old 12-31-2014, 08:46 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

KC- I'm a little late on this, but congrats on 1 year!!

Wacky- It sounds like you are doing really good!! It's nice to see you update this thread a little.

I am still on the sober train too- I will have a year and a half off of the weed in a couple weeks. I saw my ex around Christmas to exchange a few things and he had a greenhouse at his place!! I wasn't at all tempted, but it re-affirmed my choice to split from him. I guess I would have thought that was cool once upon a time, but no more.

I hope you all have a Happy New Year's!!
Old 01-01-2015, 04:29 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  
Administrator

you too DG

D
Old 01-01-2015, 08:54 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

I am just totally surrounded by pot and pot smokers and I have been for as long as I can remember. Most of them are stand up trust worthy folks who would never blow their smoke in my face. I give thanks every day that I have really high quality friends and family but I think that sub standard people smoke pot too. If I have to have people smoking around me, frankly, I'd rather it be pot than cigarettes. God, give me the strength to stay free of both and alcohol too. Congratulations to all of us and Happy New Year!
Old 03-02-2015, 08:12 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

I'm back posting on my old thread to announce that today marks one year no weed! OK, we won't count that one night slip up around three months in, it was one hellish night of feeling like I was going to die and that was punishment enough.

I am very proud of myself. It was a real struggle, that's for sure. For most of my life I thought I'd never be able to quit. But look at me now! I might make a thread some time about life after weed for us to share our observations and triumphs.

If I have to say one thing now - quitting weed was 100% worth the misery, depression, anxiety, cravings, irritability, cognition problems, loss of certain friends, change of self identity, ALL OF IT! I started off terrified of being straight. Turns out I am way better off being straight and I had absolutely nothing to be afraid of.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:16 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

darling bunny girl!!! So happy for you, and so proud of you!!! ♥♥♥
Old 03-02-2015, 08:20 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wackybunny View Post
I started off terrified of being straight. Turns out I am way better off being straight and I had absolutely nothing to be afraid of.
Oh yeah!!! I could not agree more....how I romanticised weed for 30 years is now completely beyond me.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:28 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Venus - that's the best "smiley" ever -so me!
Old 03-02-2015, 08:39 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's fantastic WB

D