Notices

Trying to quit pot again

Old 04-13-2014, 11:20 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Was just now reading the quit nicotine threads and feeling inspired. Then I saw this and it was like my inner voice repeating. Yikes.

Anyway, came here to post because it's getting late and I used to have a joint right before bed. I don't miss that joint at all. In fact tonight is the first time I even thought about it in a while and instead of missing it, I felt a wonderful feeling of fulfillment, an actual enjoyment of NOT having one. Like a high but totally in reverse. Ahhhh, sweet honest sleepiness!

I got there, I'm on the other side folks!!! Posting on this thread almost seems pointless now but I guess it still helps me solidify things, redundant affirmation. Plus I want to let others know how great it is to be free.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:49 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Hi Bunny- Good to hear you're doing well.

Quitting cigs can be scary and a lot of people don't want to face that. But I truly believe with some support, knowledge and a bit of determination, anyone can do it. It's a matter of breaking through the denial and realizing that cigarettes really don't add anything to your life.

You just gotta have faith that when you quit them, things will get better. Every day won't be like the first day and soon enough you'll be enjoying NOT having them- just like the weed.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:20 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Day 44. Just sayin.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:31 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

^^^

V xx
Old 04-15-2014, 11:36 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations WB

D
Old 04-16-2014, 05:18 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Talking

Congratulations, Bunny ! You're doing fabulous ! I think you need to change your avatar to "arrived at Freedom" !!! Way to go !
Old 04-16-2014, 08:34 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Way to go on 44 days.

I can definitely understand feeling like you're kind of done with this thread and you don't need to post here anymore to stay quit. It feels good to be past that early phase of quitting, doesn't it?

While you're done with the quitting part, recovery has just begun. You'll find your perspective on your life, goals and other things changing. You'll keep growing. Whether it's on this thread or another, I'd recommend continuing to hang around SR a while. You'll find others that can relate to this new phase of recovery too.

And there is a good chance at some point or another you'll be in another triggering situation and if you stick close to our support, it will be easier to remember why you quit rather than thinking something like, "This once won't hurt."
Old 04-16-2014, 07:13 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Yes, DG, I am a bit nervous of that. I have kept myself away from the stuff so no smell or sight triggers yet. But suddenly remembered that bf's sister and her bf will probably have it this weekend when we're at his parents for Easter. Effing eff. I've been in my safe little cocoon. Bf doesn't feel like he'll have any problem but I am prepared for some difficulty. I don't think I'll give in to the temptation but I expect it will bring up some uncomfortable cravings/triggers. We're never been there and not snuck out on to the balcony or away for a "drive". And they'll still be doing that. Then in a few weeks some friends are visiting, partiers, and I feel like telling them no way can they bring it to my house. Feels so strange after being so "cool" about it before and so not "cool" about it now.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:18 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

I don't look at it as being "not cool" about it now bunny.
I look at ii as protecting myself. Yes, I would be telling my friends that I can't have it in the house. It is cool for them to do whatever they want in their own home...

As for Easter, a good reason to stay close to SR. Anytime that it gets a bit uncomfortable when the others duck out to the balcony, you can always talk to us. The first big family do I went to around 35 days sober/clean, I kept an SR friend close via text. It really helped me just to know she was there.

Happy sober Easter all,

Love V xx
Old 04-16-2014, 07:32 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

great suggestion, venuscat ! You'll make it through Bunny - I just KNOW you will ! And someone will be here for you IF you need to escape and grab your balance. Instead of going for a drive to get wasted, you can just say you need to go get whatever and come here ! Don't scare yourself already,in your mind - stay Present !
Old 04-16-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Good point, I'll take my laptop and say I need a lie down or something and then log in. Maybe I'll call her now and tell her the situ so she knows to hide it from us too, or to at least not offer.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:51 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

ya, a little prep work , just like you've already done in the last 44 days. You had ways of dealing with a craving - this time is just another opportunity for planning HOW you'll deal with these. Not a problem for you, Bunny ! Your brain is already coming up with solutions.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:13 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

I did it, I just called and told her what's going on with us. She said it was good to know because her bf planning to bring vaporizer (probably to show it off to us). I said for them to do whatever they like but it would help me if they didn't offer it to me as I was vulnerable for temptation. She was great and seemed to completely get it. I am not concerned now and so glad I called!
Old 04-16-2014, 10:21 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

Good Job Wacky! 44 is my favorite number.... but I guess it's 45 now!

I am so proud of you for putting your fear aside and talking to your friend! I really feel that is a BIG indication of where you are now.... kind of done with it.
Once you have more time off the weed it may not bother you as much to be around (or it may...) but now you know that your friends who still smoke won't be put off if you ask them to be discreet about it.

I still think a small sign (like business card size) on the door when you have a gathering would be a gentle reminder to your guests.

How about... NO 4:20 or 4:20 FREE ZONE?
Old 04-17-2014, 07:56 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Sounds like you have a plan in place for Easter. You can do this.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

50 days. No sign or mention of weed at Easter, forgot about it for most of the time. They must have hid it from us like they hid it from the parents or not even brought any. Either way I really appreciated them making an effort to respect our quitting.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:46 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

that's super to hear, Bunny. That was really supportive of them ! True friends and loving family in action. Congratulations on 50 days. I'm four weeks today and feeling really solid. I hardly ever think of it. But I've been counting down for the last six months. Off for 7-16 days, slip for 1-7 days, back to off - a cycle. In that experiment , I realized two things. One, I needed to get a person who was in my daily life and relying on me to feed his addiction out of my life for good( major trigger) and two, I preferred my clean periods way more- I didn't have the self-hatred for what I was doing to myself and the disappointment and I could see that I could become the person I always wanted to become IF I just let go of the weight I was carrying. It was a process for me, like all of us. It feels now like how I felt after I quit smoking cigs. I just knew that I couldn't even have one cig or I'd be right back at it and I fully accepted that truth. I feel the same way about pot and I'm totally OK with that now. I don't need pot in my life anymore. I am feeling a JOY from within now that I knew was always there, but that I covered over with dope. That was one of the main reasons I was SO angry at myself for smoking pot for so long - I KNEW I was covering over my own joy - no one else, but me. Not anymore !
Old 04-21-2014, 05:28 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Congratulation to you both ~ wackybunny and happycampers!!! Awesome to hear how well you are doing.

Love V xx
Old 04-21-2014, 06:01 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Congrats to to you wackybunny!
Old 04-22-2014, 08:32 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

way to go on 50 days bunny! Good to hear you're doing well.