Notices

recoveredcrackhead- It Takes A Lifetime

Old 01-20-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

:-)
I also felt a joyous share (more than a bragg!)

Thanks
Old 01-31-2015, 05:21 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Not again

Okay not sure if this is more bragging, but.....

One week, 7 days......no cigarettes!!!

How come it doesn't really bother me?
I think I have had two (2) serious cravings, both dealt with by distraction.

I also started a new job, cleaning in a hospital. I prefer working in the operating rooms, but overall it sucks. I just need to get back into school. I am hoping mid-term as one of the classes is only half of a semester and can be done online. And that class is "Identifying Abuse and Neglect". I may have mentioned it a while back as it full of irony, the fact that is my way back into school.

Live on purpose,
Larry
Old 01-31-2015, 05:00 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Way to go Larry on all of it!!! Very proud of you for quitting the cigs, but envy that it's not bothering you - how do I get there?!?!

I do hope it all works out for school. Sorry the job sucks, but I'm sure better things are waiting in time

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-01-2015, 06:13 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Hi Larry!
Way to go. Bragging or whatever who cares right! It's ok here on our recovery site. Because it's also sharing your successes and new ventures.

I'm very proud of you. Not sure if proud of someone I don't know comes off right. So another way to say it is I'm happy for you.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:31 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Not again

Just finished my work week, I have the next two days off, then back to work on Saturday. So, technically speaking this is my Friday (night). I just poured a large mug of coffee, put a movie on and will probably be asleep in an hour (it's 4:30pm) A party animal am am not...and I am so good with that.

Be well,
Larry
Old 02-04-2015, 04:41 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

(((Larry)))

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-04-2015, 04:50 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sounds like a perfect evening to me, Larry!
Old 02-28-2015, 07:01 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

This is a most compelling story of hope. Larry, you are amazing. Hope to see you on the F&F board. May you continue to be blessed and to share your blessings.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:47 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Not again

Dang it !!!!

I think I was coming here to bitch and moan,look for sympathy and just be rotten.
But Noooo!!! AliWprok has to go and make me feel all good and useful again, just when I was thinking I was old and in the way. Thanks Ali. (Sincerely, I must assume you have been channeled by God to fan my flame)

Enough, back to this stupid story I call my life.

So ever since I got out of jail last year I have sloooowly falling into despair/depression. Things just kept seemingly pushing me down. The loss of the ReStore truck driver job really knocked me for a loop. I have spent a lot of time sleeping, 12, 14 hours a day. and inside, a nagging feeling, a suspicion, that haunts me still. Unfortunately I have been..um...removed from medical assistance. So ponder and fret I do.
Then last Tuesday I came down with the flu. That sucked. It took two days for me to get a glass of water. But I got better. Then i got real good. Something weird happened.
I feel motivated again, energetic. I see my purpose, my goal...again. Sometimes the dream seems to fade and we lose the desire to push on. That was me.
But suddenly I am up again. Now to find the path. So much work lay ahaed of me and all I want to do is get to it.

Focus focus focus.

I work on Sundays, I miss going to church. But I try to be with God through out the day, it helps.

Be Well,
Larry
Old 03-02-2015, 03:57 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Larrylive, FANTASTIC, rootin for ya.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

I meant it. This thread has helped me in so many ways. I like the cut of your jib, Larry!
Old 03-07-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Not again

Rolling with the punches. Yep, that's me. Or maybe it's riding the wave.

5 weeks from now I would like to (finally) attend and receive A Recovery Coaching Certificate. This is the 2nd step in becoming a Peer-to-peer advocate. (The 1st step was, well step one,) The class is 30 hours over the course of 5 days. It's being held about 150 miles from me and I only own a bicycle. I also just started a "part-time" minimum wage job and the course alone is $450. (Are you thinking about the money? Because I'm not. It's taking a week off from the new "part-time" minimum wage job that may spice the chaos I call life.)
But i ain't getting any younger and paying out of pocket to finish college ain't happening with this job. So I must do what i must do.
And to add insult to injury, I am having trouble reading. And FYI; I am sitting in a room surround by about 1000 books. Woe is me.
It's time though, no more looking for the path, it's time to blaze a trail. So I am thinking a train, because I'll be able to bring the bike (I hope). Then I am thinking, if the weather quickens. I shall sleep in the tent. Food will be tricky but I am sure it'll work out. I did inqiure about hostels, but no word. Maybe there's a homeless shelter nearby.
So that's the 2nd step on the way to the Recovery Farm (I know, there's many stops on this trip) I hope to se you in the end.

Be Well,
Larry
Old 03-07-2015, 04:34 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

If anyone can make it happen, you can ((Larry)).

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-07-2015, 04:50 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Larry - where there is a will there is a way. You might run into a classmate on the first day that has an open couch for you. As far as the food goes, if you went to every restaurant / diner you saw and offered to work for food I bet you would find someone willing to help you. It might not be the first place you ask, but I have to think that someone out there cares. Then again, I have never done it so I don't know for sure.

In any event, good for you in taking the steps to make it happen rather than just planning and thinking about it.
Old 03-14-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Not again

Nice.....are you ready for this one. I must be God's little test human.

So I get called to the bosses office. We are joined by the second in command. I am then informed that there has been a complaint about me that amounts to sexual harrassement. I am given a warning and sent on my way. well that night I tossed and turned trying to make sense of this surreal life of mine. I came to the conclusion that this actually has created a hostile work enviroment for me and the next day I inform the boss of such. I mean being innocent and having to curb/edit/censor everything I say because I don't know who or what i said, that would be uncomfortable. So the boss arranges for me to "apologize" face to face. Well at the moment I begin to stammer an apology the young lady says, "It's not him, Larry's my friend" Well I said thank you and dismissed myself post-haste.
Now I contemplate my next move. I mean I really don't like this job anyway. So I am thinking I deserve a written apology for the angst I was subjected too.
On the brighter side, I have to buy new belts soon. I am on the last notch in all of mine. Or maybe my next job will be far away and I can pedal my way back into my skinny jeans.

Be well,
Larry
Old 03-14-2015, 03:31 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Larry - Wow, that was a mess!! I would be leary about working for someone who accuses the wrong person of sexual harrassment, too!

My boss has settled down, quite a bit, but I can tell you her favorite comment of "are you on crack?!?!" to anyone who forgets something or can't find a chart in an office where they are everywhere was a bit disconcerting.

I hope you find a job that you enjoy and they appreciate you. It had been so long since I'd had a regular job, I'm having to learn to pick my battles. Thank God for recovery, as it has taught me to look at the overall picture.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-14-2015, 04:23 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Larry - It does sound like your bosses are completely incompetent at best. Sexual harassment is a serious accusation, and it just isn't the type of thing that you accuse someone of without having your facts straight. However, my advice would be to let it go on the work front unless you already have some other job lined up. Asking for a written apology might make you feel better and keep your pride intact. However, I can't imagine it will do anything positive for you on the professional front.

Do you think they did it just to pick on you though? Even though the lady was nice and said that she wasn't talking about you how else would they have come to the conclusion that it was you? She must have given such a vague description that they thought it was you instead of the other employee. I guess my point is that something led them to believe that it was you based on what she said. It sounds like a miscommunication more than anything. That is, unless you think your bosses would actively target you. Did you find out who the culprit actually was? If so, do you think it would have been easy for your bosses to confuse the two of you?

Maybe it would be better if you were less formal about it and went to your bosses to ask them how this happened. That would at least let you get their side of the story. If it does turn out that the whole thing was completely unwarranted (i.e. the lady's description of the person doesn't come close to matching you in any way) then maybe you go the route of asking for an apology. If it was completely unwarranted then your relationship with your bosses sounds like it is already in the toilet. Asking for a written apology at that point probably wouldn't be as hurtful to you, because there really isn't any relationship left to get damaged.

For what it is worth, maybe your bosses aren't that down on you. At every company that I worked for you would never get a warning about sexual harassment. You would just get a pink slip, and it would be very tough to find another job. One girl that worked for an old company I was with basically extorted the company after getting sexually harassed. She was a terrible worker, but she got a huge promotion out of it and a very fat bonus that year. That was given to her so she would keep quiet about it. If she had taken it to court she would have taken the company to the cleaners. It was like winning the lottery for her. I wish I had gotten sexually harassed. I would have ended up with a corner office, and I could have always used the attention!

That is just my 2 cents.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Not again

Well I tried to push it, but occassionally I chicken out of picking a fight. So it may be in the past.
As to the circumstanses, yes the managerment seems incompetent. I also seems they have fostered a very hostile work place, as everyone wants to be the boss and nobody wants to work.
All is good with the young lady involved. We started the same week and have remained cordially friends ever since. She is hispanic with an accent, so english could be her second language. But I just learned she approached yet another Asst. Mngr who also is hispanic. So they say it was another tall, thin (but I need bigger belts) person that wears a hip-sack (fanny-pack, I wear one, I just hate sayin it). What they failed to do was ask about the bicycle. I am the only one that rides all year round.
Anyway, I am looking for another job as it's 5 weeks to Recovery Coach training, and taking a week off probably will not be approved. But I am about recovery, not cleaning hospitals.

Be Well,
Larry
Old 03-17-2015, 05:31 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Larry, I used to work with a great guy that got a better offer and was leaving the company. A women he knew in the hall heard he was leaving and came up and gave him a hug. Another women in the hall saw it and actually went to HR to try to get him disciplined for sexual harrassment as it made her "uncomfortable". People are nuts.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:54 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Not again

All this negativity...it's not good for the soul.

On the brighter side....

In onr (1) hour I shall be ice-skating, (it's my day off). I went last Friday and had a good time. I am not sure which I enjoy more, the skating or that people think I'm good at it. That's because I can spin and I don't know why. I am sure I mentioned this the last time I went 2-3 years ago with MK and coincidently enough got our picture in the newspaper (just an "about town" shot). 55 minutes, I do like skating and actually it would be best if no-one was there but me. Then I wouldn't have to worry about bumping into them. Sounds selfish but I love skating that much, I should go more, now that I am free, white and 21.

Live on Purpose
Larry

PS ....still thinking about? (well then what's the PC phrase?)(Look I'm talking to myself...45 minutes)