Notices

Hen House Talk - All are Welcome, part 48!!

Old 11-09-2013, 12:05 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

(((Amy))) I don't understand why Tinker can't stay with you. How old is Tinker by the way?

Hugs
TB
Old 11-09-2013, 12:07 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Just to let you know (((TB))))...I unashamedly ate 4 candy bars IN my bed last night.! I know the feeling but man , you gotta have SOME oral pleasure right?? Sorry if I am way off topic as usual.
I just sit here in my little corner of the earth and watch the amazing things you guys go through and it gives me strength.
((((Chic)))))..I like what you said about giving more than you take. Thank you for that. And this is certainly something you yourself have accomplished already my dear.

Ya know I always remember a story my friend told me. He was not proud of it . He saw that it was addiction and not a personality defect. But he told me the minute he found out his Grandma had passed away , he kicked her door in and took her pain pills. He loved her..he is a guy with a huge heart but obviously this is an action of something beyond his control. Such is the nature of addiction. Thank GOD we are able to cope sanely with the losses we all face, the attacks right in our face, threatening to crumble our serenity.
I learn way more than I am able to tell you here at the henhouse. wise , wise people we are. I am blessed to be a part of you guys here.
ALL of you, although my thinking it too scattered to address each person , each post...Such as is the talent of our lovely AMY!!!! lol...it always amazes me she checks on EVERYONE. Bless you all love ya to life!!!

I have NEVER given a big dog a bath before. Any tips. Andy stinky!!!

Love norty
Old 11-09-2013, 12:18 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

(((((TB)))) Im so glad the ball is finally moving down the court! YAY. Mercury finally left retrograde so things should be easy up for us all. Paperwork and communication wise. You deserve a few cookies. Enjoy! I'm having tea myself. And thanks for the prayers. I lift up my heart. The moon is waxing!

((((lauren)))) I love the sound of that tea syrup! I hope your hubby is feeling better soon. Does he have COPD? I'm not remember.

((((chicory)))) Sorry to hear about your X. About the moon cookies, I used to put the almonds in the coffee bean grinder to get them ground up. I hadn't used the grinder much for beans, it was a gift and I'm not a big coffee drinker. Truth be told, I prefer Nescafé instant. LOL

((((Amy))) I am so very sorry you're going through this. It's been my experience that every death opens its own can of worms. Please know, you can and will get through this. We will be here. I hope the family will find some comfort. Who's setting up the memorial? And you get some rest ok?

((((TOD))) And I hope things are settling down for you. And that your sister finds her heart. I have a sister I haven't really spoken to much since our mom died. She did some pretty awful things. My bro has never forgiven her at all. I have called her to let her know about Grandma's passing over and Papa's. Managed to get word to her about some other significant events/passings of others. Havent heard or seen her in years and years now.

((((Venus))) Are you feeling more settled? So grateful to know your have some help through family.

OK my darlings. I'll be around. I have a few more work days and then am off! YAY

((((norty)))) hope all is good or at least better. We love you.

Much love to all.

Lenina
Old 11-09-2013, 12:20 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Norty.....big dog bathing tip from me. I use to have a Newfoundland so it was always an event! I would throw on a bathing suit and jump in the shower with him. If there is a handheld nozzle you can use that makes it easier....other wise you will need to shove the dog around a bit to get everything rinsed off.

I usually made sure I was in there with a lot of shampoo, a small tub/bowl to swish water under him. And a bit pile of towels for when you get out.

Good thing about the shower.....if you get out first you can close the door or curtain and let him shake off most of the water. I actually taught my guy to wait for the curtain to close first.

By the time you get the dog clean and then the bathroom the water will likely be hot enough for you to get a shower in after the ordeal.

Enjoy!!!
Old 11-09-2013, 12:21 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

(((((norty)))). We were posting at the same time!

I ate three tootsie rolls this morning myself! LOL

Love you girlie!

LeeLee
Old 11-09-2013, 12:24 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good morning/afternoon! Got up 30 minutes ago with a huge headache. I've already taken two BP pills!

Yesterday at dad's funeral was a grand event! It went so beautifully! Had lots of compliments from many ppl. There was standing room only too! Dad was such a well loved person by so many ppl. Even a childhood friend showed up and he always said he doesn't do funerals. I made sure to go hug him. I asked him about coming to the funeral? He said: "I have three dads and now one is gone. He HAD to be there to pay his respects". I had brought a picture with me to show him if he had showed up from 2006. I showed it to him and then his sister stepped up to look at it. She said: "Brother? What happened to you"? LOL I also showed a picture to my favorite cousin where he's tall, lean with a cowboy hat on, leading a large horse with me as a three year old with a blonde pony tail on top of it. His smile just kept spreading the longer he looked at that picture. When I was in my early teens? He owned a large stallion that I would come ride around the country side. I loved that horse!

There were so many ppl there that I didn't see everyone. Mom was reading the guest book later that evening. Her little house is over run in plants and flowers. I took pictures of it. I told mom I'd never see her house this messy again! LOL She received around eight "Peace lilies". She was sending them home with everyone! My house is the biggest out of the family. So I'll probably end up with another large one. Her neighbor is just the sweetest person ever and also called the florist and ordered one. They were standing at the viewing together and mom said I hope that plant is for display ONLY! Then she saw there was a card in it. When she opened the card? She exclaimed to her neighbor - You know I live in a tiny house. Her neighbor also was surprised! She had told them she wanted one with large blooms - not a large plant with large blooms! LOL Mom said she was going to string her christmas lights on it for a Christmas tree! It's that large.

When we arrived at the funeral home yesterday? I stood out in the lobby waiting for mom to show up. The brother's brother, mentioned above was there. He hugged me until I broke away. I told him what my older sister did, being the bitch she is and he laughed - saying we all know she's a bitch!

After mom arrived. We all filed up to the front pews. Mom was seated on the end and I sat right beside her. Jethro sat beside me. Mom was crying uncontrollably. (I think it was finally sinking in what has happened)! I put my arm around her shoulders, leaned in and told her "I'm sorry for last night". She just waved her hand at me and said it wasn't no problem. I kept my arm around her shoulders thru the entire service. I pat her on the arm to help keep her steady. Her Pastor performed the service. He did a wonderful job. He even mentioned the glory of dad accepting the Lord into his life a week before he passed. He brought up the fact there are three little dogs in their house that loved him too. Then he mentioned the fact one of my sisters had told him dad had been the "Straw Boss"! He said he immediately got out his phone and looked up the meaning of "Straw Boss" when he got in his jeep! LOL

Ump and his wife were there. When Ump pulled me down into his shoulder for a tight hug? I started crying! So many emotions rolling around in my head.

We all made it to the grave sight to see a lone Naval man standing there waiting. He saluted the hurst as it pulled up. After we were all seated the Pastor did the service there too. (Mom had sat down in the middle with older sister on her right. I walked up and she patted the seat beside her for me to sit down. Jethro sat beside me. I looked up to see another Naval man standing out under a tree and he was holding a bugle in his hand. OH MY! Not a recording being played, but the real thing! We all stood up for the playing of Taps. I have been crying for days with really no sounds coming out of me. But when the first note of that bugle started playing? "The last call to duty" I broke down! After he finished playing? The two Naval men folded the flag and presented it to mom. He wouldn't drop his salute until mom looked up at him.

When the service was over? We mingled with family for a visit. Mom suddenly exclaimed! Oh Lord! We've been walking and sitting on his sister's grave! I just starting laughing! See? His sister in her last days of life said she wanted to be buried by their mother. Dad was slotted there originally. He said: "Go ahead - Let her"! So dad got the final punch in by having his family walk all over her while his services were performed!

We returned to Mom's church where there was a feast set up for the family to eat. After eating we returned to the grave to make sure everything was done properly! It was and mom ran her hand across the dirt saying she sure hated leaving him there. I reminded her he wasn't there. She said his body was. I told her dad had been in a LOT of pain and was ready to go. We got back in our cars and went to her house.

Me and my older sister were standing across the table from each other while my daughter was in the living room looking up a plant's info on her phone. She told us the name she found and when I asked a question about it? Older sister started running her mouth with answers. I looked at her and said: "Please let my daughter answer - Quit butting in all the time"! I think she realized - FINALLY - why I'm always telling her to shutup! (She had hugged me after the services at the funeral home with the remark: "At least you got to spend a week of nights with him"). She caught herself butting in later on and stopped talking! Telling me to continue! Maybe she had taken an extra dose of her anxiety meds all this time and that's why she's been so talkative! I asked mom and she said: "Who knows"!

We are all gathering at mom's this evening for leftovers! Her fridge is overflowing in containers!

TOD
Old 11-09-2013, 12:37 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

((((((TOD)))))

It sounds lovely! I'm glad your sister found the peace to behave. A miracle! LOL. And I love that the honor guard was there. That flag is so very special. You might call the VFW and see if they can box in for your family in that nice triangle case. It will be nice to have on display along with a nice pic of your dad.

((((Cangel))) good to see darls. I watched "Still Crazy" on cable two nights ago. I love our Bill. We are kicking around going to see "About Time" maybe Sunday. It's getting good reviews from the critics and viewers.

Much love!

Lenina
Old 11-09-2013, 12:58 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Lenina: Yeah! That was a miracle all in itself! LOL An old playmate of her's posted on the funeral home's website. She got all excited and wanted me to find him on the internet! I handed my phone to her and said: "Get all over it"! She doesn't know how to use the computer as well as I do. So today she's bringing a picture of them as skinny kids and wants me to try and locate him. Didn't ask me! Just said she wanted it done! Maybe my daughter will do it for her? She's the one trained in all sorts of computer stuff!

My stepdaughter has really stepped up to the plate to embrace me into her life. She even told Jethro: "You better NOT mess up this marriage"! LOL There of course is Jethro's mother that continues to be a thorn in our sides. I don't plan on making an appearance at her funeral when that day arrives. There is no love loss on our parts.

Norty: I always washed my big old hairy dog outside with a waterhose! But it was during the summer time too. He was an outside dog too! I bought one of those rubber brushes used for collecting hair while brushing. It worked great for baths too.

Amy: Hold on tight for this ride. It will end!

TB: I'm so happy you are getting good results on all your hard ground work!

Lauren: Just keep reading and learning from us all! After seeing all the prices being tossed around in order to bury my dad? Jethro and I are going to set up a prepaid plan for ourselves. That was a shocking number being shown to mom on the paperwork.

Gotta scoot!

TOD
Old 11-09-2013, 01:11 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Just went on a walk in the snow with the pooch. Thought maybe the falling snow would be enough to spruce him up a little but he just looked DIRTY compared to the white snow!
I was hurting so bad all night . just shooting pains through arms legs hands. WTF?? So I just force myself to start moving cause if I don't I just feel worse. I suppose the 6 mile walk Tuesday night was probably a little MUCH!!!!! what a idiot I am to run my car out of oil. who DOeS that...sorry I am havin a mood swing!! lol...
Dropkick me Jesus through the goalpost of LIFE!!!! wasn't that actually a song?? All you oldie but goodie fans!
love norty
Old 11-09-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Is this what you are thinking of?

TOD
Old 11-09-2013, 02:22 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Good thoughts coming for everyone... I apologize I haven't been around more.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:55 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Holy Moly..you guys about the sweets..to me absolute nirvana is a
nice bun with a little butter and a slice of Gouda cheese..it's a good
thing that we are all different. I love to bake though..yet hardly eat
other than a thin slice..or a cookie..strange but True! I love to bake
the pies and cookies and things that others like..just can't eat them..
I do have a craving for Tomato soup cake..it is an old recipe and so
simple .. it tastes like the forgotten days with a bit of spice and such.
Lenina..I think it has about 5 ingredients..and topped off with cream cheese
icing..it is a winner..

TB.. I worry ahead of worry..if you know what i mean. Your prayer is appreciated
and taken with the grace it was given. Hubby today is quiet and restful..we do a
lot of downtime some days..today it is a little brisk out ..he had prepared a meat
loaf yesterday that we will have today..with a bit of mushroom sauce..simple and
comforting.

lauren
Old 11-09-2013, 03:13 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Lee..yes he has copd...sorry I tried to add it the above..too late!
Old 11-09-2013, 03:36 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Norty..it doesn't matter how you do a bath on a bigger dog..it is messy,
it is very very wet and I have to tell you a pretty good laundry of towels
is in order. Actually I was surprised as Miley likes a sponge bath in the
laundry room with Baby Shampoo and a rinse of warm cloths..she is so
tolerant..I think she know that she is stinky..he fur ends up being ever
so soft afterwards..I refuse to pay $65. dollars for a winter bath..who
knows..he(Andy) may like a bath..Miley is a tidy girl..a barbarian at times..she as
hubby says .. is all female! Whatever that means??

Hugs to all

lauren
Old 11-09-2013, 03:43 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Sammy is a little dog, he goes in the kitchen sink and loves a bath, I put a dish towel in the sink for him to get some traction....I use Head and Shoulders for him when he gets itchy skin, he smells like green apple after. I do take him to Petsmart every 3 months for his "spa day", his hair costs $73.00 with the tip (more than MINE)!! but they cut his nails, squeeze the glands and brush his teeth. I will take him before Xmas.

I do him in between...and groom his hair while I sit him on the cat perch. He behaves well and loves the attention. I have also put him in the shower, but his hair clogs the drain too much. the best time to wash him is on a hot summer day, I just take him for a walk and he dries instantly in the sun.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:01 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Good gracious about the price Fandy...at least he fits into a sink..sorry it would
take one paw at a time here..she is taller than I am when standing tall..
we do love these little bundles of unconditional love and all they give us..

I have to say ..I saw the pics of Perry..he is a sweet creature.they are all
lucky to have so much care and love...

lauren
Old 11-09-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

there is no place like the HH.

(((tod))) what a fine service for your dad! Taps. well, it made me cry to imagine it. Your dad was a veteran. Bless him. Monday is Veterans Day, and I am sure he will have some beautiful flowers in his honor, for his service to our country, I say thank you.
and thank you for sharing. As much as we would love to be there with you supporting you, it is almost like being there, the way you write it for us. We were there in spirit.

((((Norty)))) all I can say is it will be easier than bathing a cat..... You are a darling. and we love you so.

I ate too much today at work, open house. yesterday, the big shots, today open house.. and I just took half a day to get it in gear. I sampled everything from every department, except the egg nog. cant do it. I had bites of Cracker Barrel Ham (MMMMM good), cookies, decadent cookies, brie with cranberry sauce of some sort, fresh pineapple, strawberry stuff like in a wine bottle but not alcohol. yes, and then there was the box of glazed donuts I bought this morning... just to comfort myself for working so hard this week.

today I got home early enough to straighten the house for the prospective buyers to walk through my place. it looked really nice. they even said my closets were not too messy! wow, coulda fooled me.
I had sort of a bad feeling about the prospective buyers. they were too interested in the little stray cats outside, and the guy was too smart.... one of those really smart guys who can see through everything.... made me uneasy, like he is gonna be too uptight. I told my son, F' em, if people don't like what I am doing, if they want things different, F' em, I will be just as glad to look for another place, and tell them all to go to H.... just tired of worrying about stuff. these cats were abandoned, not my fault, I just care about all little hungry animals.. if they don;t they can come and keep vigil at night to make sure I dont feed them. I mean, is there a law against feeding strays??? heck no....

I am tired. i work tomorrow too. then monday and tuesday. monday I have to trap two, get them to humane society to catch the Neuterville Express bus at 645, tuesday morning. then work, then pick them up on Wednesday. do it all over again the next week. and worry about what these people think about it... F' em, I say again.

my daughters have hurt my sons feelings today. part of his consequences, yes. when he first went to live with his dad and sm, 10 years ago, his dad was on pain meds for back pain. this is true story. anyway, his dad would give his self and son a valium each. every evening, when they would both play computer games together. he was retired, so had all time in the world. this went on , each evening. recreational use, admittedly by ex. so, occasionally son would take some of the pills, without asking. not right. but recreational use was condoned there. but his wife did not know. she was the only one working, and was forever b'ing about it. She was ticked that her husband and step son did not work, and stayed up playing games. she did not know about the pills.
one day, dad discovered son had taken some pills unasked for. wife noticed first.. and dad threw son under the bus, loudly, and did not admit to letting son take them with him. she was p'd about it, understandably. but she also did not like my kids to be around, and insisted he leave, since he was 'doing drugs and stealing them'. dad did not admit to giving them to him, and they packed up my son, and took him to a little trailor, no heat, which belonged to sons friend. they left him there, with no food or anything, no money to walk to get food. dad called me crying, saying that they had done that, and how heartbroken HE (dad) was (ball-les wonder, the ex) and saying how worried he was, etc, etc. so, my husband at the time, said lets go get him, and we went to pick him up. he was sitting under a blanket, with a lamp for heat, playing a game on a computer with no internet. that is how he came to live with me. anyway, there is a reason for this story.....
tonight son, who was going to go with sisters to be there for his dads surgery, was so upset on the phone with his sister (the one who can be heartless) , and she told him that they (sisters) had to get a motel room, if he was going along. I could hear him asking ,"What difference does it make if I go, whether you stay at dads or a motel?" then daugther said, because SM does not want to have to put all her meds away, if you are going to be there".
He stayed with his dad not that long ago, and the meds were not an issue. He had been trustworthy there, and only voilated the 'do not be on the computer before 5am' rule.... Beotch Step mother .....ONe time, and they packed him up. he was applying for work, going on interviews, doing well, but step mom just wants to put on a show of being able to say' hey, I have helped your kids' I dont stand in the way' blah blah , I really really hate that woman or as close to it as I can be....she has hurt my kids so many times.....

anyway, sisters only believe their chicken dads story of how son took meds- not that he allowed it too. they wont listen to their brothers words, just not believing him at all. He is just telling them now that he does not want them to put them selves out to spending money on motel room, so he will bow out.

I am so mad at my daughters right now. my son could raze my room while I am out, and get enough money to buy booze, but he does not. I have left meds in my room and he does not bother them. He understands why they might doubt, but they will not hear him.
If the shoe was on the other foot, he would be gracious with them, I guess understanding.

I would hate for my son to miss being there with his dad, and now he feels the pain of his dad throwing him under the bus too. he loves his dad more than the girls ever did, and they are very close. if something happened to his dad, and he wasnt there, the girls would still insist that it was his own fault.

he tried reassuring them, that it was not an issue last year at dads, and it would not be now. my girls are playing God, in my eyes. I am angry at them for siding with their step mom against their brother, in a way.

I know my son is guilty of a lot, but the thing that hurts so bad is that he has nothing, they have so much, and both daughters drink too much sometimes, yet they still point their fingers at something that happened 10 years ago?

and he would not hurt either of their feelings for anything. He does not say cruel things to them ever, even when he is angry . life is so lopsided sometimes.

I told him that trust is hard to build, that he should just reassure them, and tell them to let it go, and just be there for their dad.

I am just befuddled, and trying to understand daughters. would it not have been much kinder to just get a motel room, they do have the money, and not mention their fears to their brother? but no, daughter devil mouth(who I love dearly, but I fear her wrath sometimes) had to run her jaws......
Old 11-09-2013, 04:25 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

trust in Karma Chic, even if it is is your daughters...people who live in glass houses should not throw stones (and always wear underclothes).

they do sound rather Holier Than Thou....but they have to realize that.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:33 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

I know (((fandy)))), but it hurts so much, to see this happen, and if my son was not there for his dad, if something happened, he will be devastated.

and their dad is pretty much to blame for a lot of this. He loves to run his mouth, and will twist truth, always. I hope they give him some balls and a spine while they are at it.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:37 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Lemon, ginger and honey : All-natural cold/flu remedy | SGS

I found this recipe yesterday, and I bought some cute little jars for it and maybe it will be so pretty I will post a picture of it