Notices

Energy, where are you?!

Old 07-30-2013, 09:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Energy, where are you?!

I'm 4 almost 5 days clean from the Oxy and I'm amazed at how physically well I'm doing. The only symptoms I'm having now are slight body aches, somewhat irritable and lack of energy.
The lack of energy is my big problem now. I don't want to even move but with a 2 year old I have to force myself to move a lot lol. It feels like I'm walking in mud. If possible, what's the best vitamin complex that has worked for you or other all natural remedies. Thanks. :-)
Old 07-30-2013, 09:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh, and at what point did you notice a big improvement in your energy? I can't wait to have the energy to take my little girl out to play for the entire day as she deserves it so much.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on the days you have under your belt. No one can tell you when your individual symptoms will clear and life returns. Partly due to not knowing what your pattern of use was before. There is no magic pill or vitamin complex to cure your ills. Thinking that is what got you here in the first place.

It all gets better and both "one day at at time" and "one foot in front of the other" are appropriate if not worn old sayings.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Work in Progress

I'm not Dr of course and don't know if asking about vitamins is considered medical advice but me personally I take a B12 vitamin everyday. Don't know if it does anything but it may just have a placebo effect. It took a long time for me to get energy back. Don't let that discourage you.... I was coping with some depression at the time and changed my entire life around so it was all a big adjustment. It just gets better and better.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wanabfree,

I'm glad your back. Congratulations on your 5 days! For me the first few weeks/months of recovery were tough. Mainly because of the lack of energy. With the pills I would get a burst of nergy, which is why I fell for the oxy trap in the 1st place. Just keep reminding yourself to move forward with your recovery, and that day by day you will get that much needed energy back. It helps to go for a walk, if you can, put your 2 year old in the stroller, s/he will enjoy the ride. Eating healthy and getting enough sleep also help. I'm sending you a paws link that was originally posted by DG. It might help to understand what your going through. Whatever you do, don't use!! You will be right back where you started. Hang in there, it really does get better, ok?
Why We Don’t Get Better Immediately: Post-acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS) | What...Me Sober?
Old 07-31-2013, 07:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Getting energy back is a lot like losing weight, its a gradual improvement as long as you keep doing the right thing every day it gets better and better, but there is no one day you wake up feeling so much better than the day before. Baby steps. Patience.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Its been a rough day for me on the depression and energy levels. Its no fun but not unbearable it seems. The only good thing is the waves of feeling better throughout the day. I wait on them and ride the wave. I hope you are blessed with these breaks too.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
BFD
Slowly, but surely, making it!

I say this a lot, but this is another side effect of being an addict. We are all so used to the instant gratification from oxy that we no longer know how to "wait it out". It's hard. Very hard. That's the worst part for me, too. Lack of energy is so much more draining. I take an Adults Under 50 MultiVitamin, a Super-B Complex vitamin, and extra Vit D. I'm also on an antidepressant. Just keep the faith, and put one foot in front of the other. I promise it comes back. It does take a while, but I really think it's just retraining your brain that makes it seem sooooo loooooong. Good luck! Congrats on your 5 days!
Old 07-31-2013, 02:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for your advice and encouragement. :-)
I'm amazed at how well I'm doing thus far. I've had minor anxiety but I think it was more from the clonidine patch making my b/p too low. I took it off yesterday and have no anxiety or depression since; just some irritable moments. And yup, just like with popping a pill and getting instant energy I'm expecting to wake up one morning or take a vitamin and feel instantly better. Although I do feel better than yesterday.

I'm sticking it out. Too much guilt and hell on myself and family. I don't ever want to put them, especially my daughter thru this ever again.

5 almost 6 days clean!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-31-2013, 02:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats on your 5 days wanabefree!