Notices

Hen House Talk - All are Welcome, part 42!!

Old 06-07-2013, 06:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hen House Talk - All are Welcome, part 42!!

Here's the old thread

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-41-a-20.html

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-07-2013, 07:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread, ((((Amy)))). If I know you, you've studied to the bone! I wish I had your skills! When are you leaving? I'm keeping all your family in my best thoughts. I know this is gonna be a huge hole for everyone.

((((chicory))) My end of town was pretty calm. Traffic was very light and since I was on foot, that was nice. managed to get my errands done, hair trimmed, nails done, arrangements made.

BRB. Door

Love from Lenina
Old 06-07-2013, 07:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((Lenina)) - Leaving for the reunion? Will be going on the 8th and coming back the 17th of July.

Dad just mentioned his concern is that he can't call his mom. I told him I'm not sure about at the hospital, but I do know a lot of nursing homes the family can put in a phone for her and that made him feel better.

Will check back in tomorrow after the test. Am concentrating on T and I passing and I will drag her somewhere for a celebratory lunch.

Love you all and I can assure you, you will all be with me in the testing room

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-07-2013, 07:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Great luck Amy!! You be fine. Sorry g'ma, rough to hear
Old 06-07-2013, 07:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

OK, Im back.

((((Lauren)))) I hope your hurty bits get relief. Can you get Voltaren cream up your way? It really helps me without stomach upset. And it doesn't have much of an odor either. Ask your doctor. I think this time of year with the barometric shifts makes everything more achy. I hope your mood is a bit better. I think I dreamed about your possible DIL. Strange the stuff of dreams, eh?

((((Jay)))) I'm glad you're sleeping better. And now that you've mentioned it, Ive just put together the fact that I sleep better at this certain hotel. The rooms are always frosty cold so I usually put two duvets together. hmmm. Is it the weight, the temperature or the combo? the beds are actually smaller than I like so I'm wondering.

((((TOD)))). Glad to know the yard is making progress. I just had a great salad. Wendy's has a new Berry salad with strawberries and blue berries with rqspberry vinaigrette! most tasty. $6.49. Don't bother with the strawberry tea. It was practically water.

Well, I need to make a run to the grocery for breakfast supplies and lunch.

Sissy's little black cat is still missing. Thanks for your thoughts, please keep them coming. he's a great boy and her special baby.

much love to all the hens and roosters!

Lenina B
Old 06-07-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Originally Posted by Lenina View Post
((((Jay)))) I'm glad you're sleeping better. And now that you've mentioned it, Ive just put together the fact that I sleep better at this certain hotel. The rooms are always frosty cold so I usually put two duvets together. hmmm. Is it the weight, the temperature or the combo? the beds are actually smaller than I like so I'm wondering.
I no knowledge but weight work me! Make difference. Cost arm and limb but work well, money spent good. I tell lauren, I had sell thing and save months just buy blanket. Little over $300 (with ship)! 21lb blanket, fit full bed. Worth it. Can't believe cost, just fabric, plastic things, thread. Sure cost less $100 make. Even less $75 maybe. Oh well, I'm happy.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

((((JayBird)))) You and I know how very precious sleep is! I'm so glad to know this blanket is working. My sister used to make duvets/quilts as gifts. she made a "jungle" version for our brother, tiger stripes on one side, tawny faux fur on the other and stitched together like a pillow case and then a double duvet stuffed inside. Maybe I can try.

I about ready for my slough to work. I got grapes, strawberries, kiwis and lettuce.

Today was my sweet neighbors birthday. I got her a bunch of pink tulips, a nice kitty card and a lovely honeysuckle scented candle. We had a long chat, laughed a lot. She says she has something to tell me in private so once ao get back home, I'll see if I can coax her out for lunch.

She's a very special neighbor and means a lot to me. I'll try to pick her up a treat, I know she's fond of German butter and a certain pastry. I'll see what I can do.

The city seems to have settled down. Amazing for a Friday night that the traffic was slow.

I'll see you all tomorrow. I hope Amy's has the best reunion yet! Let's join our hearts with hers!

Much much love my chickies!

LeninaB

PS. Don Juan DeMarco with the lovely Johnny Depp is on cable. JayBird, there's some yummy eye candy for you too! LOL.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yes, we are with our ((amy)) girl! She will do well, we know! probably an a+++

(((Lenina))) how sweet you look after your little neighbor. It must mean the world to her, to have you near, and caring , and those things you and your hubby do for her gives her a safe feeling in this world. you know, doing things for others is like money in the bank, forever. we can look back and feel good about it, knowing how nice someone felt , because we took the time to care and give. giving is receiving back double, I think. that isn't why we do it, but it just seems to me that with all my warts, it is nice to feel good about something in this crazy, busy world.

I hope (((Sissy)))'s kitty comes home. Poor little boy, I hope he finds the courage to come back, with that mean cat around. He is in my prayers and good wishes.
my little stray boy, Sugarbear, has an infection of some sort. his nose and eye area is swollen, and I called my favorite vet and she gave me some ab's for him. i cannot get him into the carrier, without five other arms, and he bit the tech last time (they stupidly tried to strong arm and chase him around the room-made me mad-that tech is a dodo and has made me mad with her knowitall attitude at times, tho she means well) anyway, they know he is tough. so she gave me meds for him, even though he hasn[t been seen in over a year. anyway, got his dose last night, and this morning. he likes to eat his soft food off of my fingers, , he is so sweet. wild side, cant confine him, he will tear down the porch- he is sweet to me tho.
there is a big old fat cat (dom's dad I think) and he keeps trying to get over here. and I chase him off. I heard cats fighting last night. think it him and sugarbear. males need fixing so badly. maybe I can get sugar bear in for a fix.

son is happy, brought me two marigold flower heads home...lol.. he said he was just looking through the garden center, and I asked if there was a girl there he had his eye on and he said," Maybe". he got down about it, saying no one would want a guy who lives with mom. and I said that if he is saving and has a goal, that would be a plus in a womans eyes. I know it must seem like a mountain, and it darn near is, on wallyworld wages, part time.... sigh.

(((Jay))) you can be so proud of yourself that you made that decision to save and get the blanket and it WORKS! how awesome. I send hugs, and maybe think of that weighty blanket like a big old HH hug, since I know we are all very very happy that you are resting. it seems like a miracle and so healing for you. bet in the winter time, you will have Moose and Sasha enjoying it as well, lol. i mentioned a weighted blanket to my daughter yesterday, because little jack does not sleep well, and it might be worth a try. she did say once that he liked it when she gave him a bigger blanket at night. he is almost four and has not slept well through the night for 95% of his life I think. i wonder if I can make one? will look into it.
have a great day sweetie.

well, gotta get ready for work. my fingers are stiff this am. gonna look into what might help that. what41 (sam typing there) what (((Lenina)))) said, maybe I will ask doctor about some.

love you all.
have the best day!
chic
Old 06-08-2013, 03:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Heading out now, already planning on posting a pic of T and I as "the newest credentialed ......'s" so keeping those positive thoughts

BTW, I always sleep better in a cool room with heavy blankets. I always thought of it as my security blankies

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-08-2013, 04:34 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks Lenina..I checked out the cream(search) and apparently here it is
an OTC so I will ask when I do my run at the pharmacy in a few days..

Just a little tid bit of disgusting..hubby has been wanting to make head
cheese..well usually he does it with nice cuts of pork with all the spices
and such. Last night before bed I was giving the kitchen a tidy up and
in the huge preserving pot was an actual piggy head..omg..I almost fainted!!
I had told him prior that I wouldn't eat it anyway and if ever he had the
notion to do it like in the olden days..do so without my knowledge..cripes
sorry..it scared me half to death. Miley is in bliss of course.

Ok..hubby just came back from his 5am walk and now he tells me that there
is also two beef tongues in there..this is getting me to the point of nausea.

Today I may run away~!!

Chicory..sorry about your fingers.. I sure understand..maybe the cream will help.

Hugs to all..

Amy you will do fine..

lauren
Old 06-08-2013, 06:25 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Good luck ((Amy))!! You got this.

((Lauren)) - Gross! Pig head, beef tongue?? Why eat that? How eat that? What "head cheese"? Cheese not meat...how make out pig head?
Old 06-08-2013, 07:12 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

((((((go Amy,!gooooo)))))))))

Everyone have a great day, I'm off to work for now.

Much love to all!

LeninaB

PS. Chicory, you might see about the Voltaren cream. It helps me a lot. It's prescription in the States but over the counter in Cananda.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:18 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I passed!!!! Am now waiting for T to get done.

On a sadder note, g'ma has cancer of colon, lungs and bones. If her heart is strong enough they will do a colostomy next week as she can't eat or drink anything right now

More later.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-08-2013, 10:15 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Amy...ahhh..now take a breath and relax..you have come a long way..
Congratulations..and celebrate!!

Hugs lauren
Old 06-08-2013, 11:52 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Here's the pic of us newly credentialed

She insisted on treating me to lunch (I was going to treat HER!). She got a cheeseburger, I got steak and shrimp and tried my best to pay for mine but she wouldn't have it. It was good and we had fun.

Aunt M is having trouble getting an insurance card for g'ma. G'ma doesn't know where it is, aunt M spent all day yesterday looking for it, and couldn't get through to anyone on the phone.

I told her "just stop....I will look up the info and make some calls. It may be Monday, but this is part of what I went to school for (they can't legally release anything to aunt M without written authorization from g'ma). Called the number I found, closed weekends, so will call back Mon.

I dearly love my g'ma, but my heart breaks for my dad as the two of them are really close. He talks to her all the time when he's out on the road.

Soo, I'm happy, I'm sad, and I'm tired (woke up at 4) so will catch up around here and lay down.

((Lenina)) - Give your sweet neighbor and extra hug for me. I've never even met her but I adore her from what you've told me about her.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-08-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Congrats ((Amy))! That great! Proud for you!
Old 06-08-2013, 05:59 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

thats our (((amy))) girl! The Hen House is proud to have our grad today! shall we have a party?
Old 06-08-2013, 06:35 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Congrat's Amy!! You finally reached another goal and came out on top!

TOD
Old 06-08-2013, 06:38 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

A party sounds like fun, just not tonight. Dang, I'm tired! Just talked to g'ma and they were actually letting her "eat" - broth, jello and juice. She said "I want OUT of here" and boy are they going to have their hands full in telling her she can't go home.

Odd hearing her slur her speech, but I would assume they are giving her something for pain. She also sounded sleepy so I just talked to her for a short while then let dad talk to her.

Got to see bratkin and BB for a short bit One of the counties is supposedly trying to give out 100 tickets in 100 days or something? Roadblock with 30-40 cop cars on both sides of the road? I laughed to hear bratkin talking about being so scared, though she had no reason to be. She never cared back in her wild days. She was taking the back roads home.

Just got Mots in and he's whining. He'll shut up (I hope) once I get in bed.

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-08-2013, 06:39 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

YAY. Amy! woot woot!!! I'm so happy for you! I knew you'd get it passed!!

((((chicory))). tell your son he needs to look at the angle. That his mom lives with him is just a different slant than he lives with his mom....wink wink. yup I dated a lot of years...LOL Do know I keep him in my thoughts, I know it's hard to be a young person in this age.

I'm in a new to me hotel as my usual was sold out. This is a big name hotel but let me tell you, it reeks of Pine Sol. I'm suspecting a plumbing problem or dead body. LOL Mouse/Rat or traveling salesman, at least. LOL. Nothing to be done as there's NO hotels with so much as a maids closet anywhere. And there's a disco dance going on in the ballroom. And me without my orange sequined tart trotters. LOL And they are making me leave at 10:00 am! I'm going to have some strange dreams....

((((Lauren))) I've had head cheese sandwich before. it tasted good until I thought about it. LOL Actually, ((((JayBird))). Tongue sandwiches are very good. I liked them with horseradish. heres a bit of disgusting but true trivia. If you eat tongue, I swear you can taste it for at least three days. No Lie. and it gives you breath to knock buzzards off a trash truck. no amount of Listerine. Bianaca or comet cleanser will help. so just stick with hamburgers, OK?

((((Amy))) Please know grandma is in my heart. And your Dad too. I know this is going to be so hard on everyone. something that helped me during my Grandma's bad time was knowing she'd want me to be the woman she raised me to be. I know she's so very proud of you. Your Dad is going to need you and I know you'll rise to it. And we will be here for you. If I may pass on a word of my experience with my family? Don't get caught up in their dramas. Everyone will act out like they need to. We don't have to join the insanity. ((((Amy))). Love you.

((((TOD))) where are you?

OK, I need a shower and will use my dryer sheets on the pillows. LOL.

Much love to all the my chickadees.

Lenina MouthBreather

TOD and Amy. we were posting at the same time! Xxooxox