Notices

Percocet withdrawals after one month

Old 05-17-2013, 08:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Percocet withdrawals after one month

Hello all new to the forums. I had surgery and was prescribed Percocet for one month and am currently one month off using. I had/have pretty bad withdrawals. At first I had flu like symptoms that went away and then the mental problems kicked in. I'm super anxious all day and my mind has a hard time not thinking about everything all the time. Sometimes it even gets so bad I cry at next to nothing. I'm having a hard time figuring out what's going on. Everywhere I've read says these kinds of symptoms should be over with after such a short period. My doctor prescribed me buspar and zoloft to take in the mean time but it's not helping that much. Also exercising daily and drinking lots of water. Had no idea 2-3 pills a day would cause me so much trouble.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
BFD
Slowly, but surely, making it!

They are a mean little pill, for sure. Good luck in your recovery.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, they're evil pills to come off. I'm in the early stage of a nightmare wd right now. I know what you're going thru as I've been there before with the depression and severe anxiety. Last time I detoxed my anxiety lasted about 6 months total. Lexapro is what finally helped me.

Hope you're felling better soon
Old 05-17-2013, 03:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the positive responses. I managed to get through my work day thankfully. I had no idea that one month of pain medication could cause this much problem. everyday I wake up hoping it is all over only to open my eyes and be at the same point. Hopefully the medication will help me through this.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

In my experience, the first few 2-3 days were the worst and usually after 6-7 days I was back to "normal". Good luck man! Hopefully you'll never have to tango with addiction/withdrawal ever again!
Old 05-18-2013, 04:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yeah I thought since I was only on them one month that I honestly wouldn't have any. Now I'm 33 days clean and I have high anxiety and no energy. Hopefully my brain can get back in action soon. It's driving me crazy.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Did your doctor have you taper off of them or did he cut you off cold turkey?
Old 05-20-2013, 05:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I went CT unfortunately. I never took pain medication before and I didn't know that just stopping would cause problems. Hoping this will be over soon so I can stop taking these anxiety meds and get back to normal
Old 05-20-2013, 06:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

If it makes you feel better about the CT, I am currently weaning off nucynta and butrans and it has not been fun either. I feel like I should have just CTed. Every week feels like the same. Hang in there.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Problem is that anxiety medications like Zoloft and Buspar are therapeutic meds and can take up to several weeks to kick in. By then, your withdrawal symptoms will have subsided anyway.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ya he put me on the buspar about a month ago and its working a little. I've been on 50mg of Zoloft for about a week and not sure if I feel a difference yet. I am contemplating stopping the Zoloft since I am a little more manageable now, but as far as the symptoms go I still feel about the same as a few weeks ago. Anxiety is at its worst in the morning then it gets better throughout the day. This sucks.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:27 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I do understand. One of my most prevalent maladies since getting sober/clean is my anxiety because it's so much in full focus whereas when I was actively abusing pills, I was partially medicating my anxiety which I've always had, but also I just didn't care how I felt or know how I felt, so feeling anxiety again and finding ways to deal with it (12 steps of AA/NA and a spiritual awakening for me) is uncomfortable and foreign, but it's better than being high all the time.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:10 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Ya I agree. I've always had a little bit of anxiety, but when I was on my pain medication it was completely gone so my body is prolly just adjusting back to normal still. I'm definitly doing a lot better than where I was a month ago, I was a complete wreck. Those pills completely screwed my head up....
Old 05-24-2013, 12:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

My pdoc increased my lexapro and its actually causing me more issues as I am weaning. I have had increased suicidal thoughts and anxiety. Valium makes me depressed or apathetic. Totally agree: pain meds completely rip apart our brains, no joke!!
Old 05-30-2013, 10:42 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Zak

I'm in for it, it's been 30 days but I'm still useing them for the surgery I had, I already feel I need them.