Notices

Tramadol_torture

Old 05-15-2013, 07:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tramadol_torture

Ive been on tramadol for 4 years, my dr gave them to me for knee pain, 50MGS, starting at 3 a day, then i started abusing it, taking 6 a day, then 9 a day, then 12 a day and now i can take 16 pills AT ONE TIME!!!! Im ashamed of myself, i dont have anyone to talk to and im afraid to tell my dr because i kno he will take them away from me (script of 90) but i buy them from different ppl who get them but dont take them! Well, i havent gone one day without them in four yrs and last night i took my last ones, my question is, i read somewhere that Imodium helps withdrawls, large doses, has anyone else ever taken it? has it worked? Has it hurt ur stomache? at this point im desperate and need help, i want help, i just dont kno how to get it, im ashamed, plz help!!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
BFD
Slowly, but surely, making it!

Yes, Imodium helps a lot. Don't be ashamed. Every one of us here struggles with addiction. It's best to just take the jump and get off them. If you do a search, you will find more advice and experiences from others trying to get off the same medication you are. Good luck.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I went to a doctor for my addiction and I thought I was in good hands. I was having some back pain and I told him and he said "Here i'll prescribe you Tramadol..it is not a narcotic, you can't get high off it, and you can't get addicted to it".

I will now be getting rid of that bottle after reading your post. I wanted to thank you for basically stopping me from starting another addiction. The doctor I go to knows I was a heroin addict/any type of pain pills addict and I am disgusted that he would prescribe these to me and with a "If I need more before the refill is due just call my office". wow.

Stay strong! Immodium made a HUGE difference when I was w/ding from heroin. Just make sure you don't just take one dose and think it will work I think the back says take it every so many hours until symptoms stop. I also found Gatorade helps replenish you and that it is good to have smoothies or anything easy to swallow since you won't want to eat but you need to eat something or you'll just feel worse. I also took about 500 mg of naproxen (alieve) every couple of hours to try to make the aches and pains easier. Alieve is pretty expensive in the store but a doctor can prescribe the same ingredient in the over the counter at higher doses for $4 even without insurance (I think it was 60 500 mg pills for $4) .

You can do this! I kept telling myself that if I got through it this one time I would never have to go through it again and that really helped me.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Where I work tramadol is dished out so regularly, doctors really don't and won't recognise it is difficult to get off. It doesn't give a high but makes you feel energised, happy and normal - a wonderdrug! But then your tolerance increases so you have to take more - and you begin to feel depressed and demotivated unless you take more. I work with two other nurses who are also hooked on it and I must say I can tell when they are withdrawing.
It is the worst withdrawal but be strong - you won't be tempted to return to tramadol xxx good luck
Old 05-16-2013, 04:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanx for responding guys, unfortunately i couldnt do it, i found sum and i took them, i felt sooooooooo much better, but, im weak, im horrible, im a disgrace!!! Smh, idk who to turn to, other than the Good Lord!! Before i found the trims tho i went and got the imodium, so being that i take massive amounts of tramadol im assuminf i will need ALOT of the imodium, with that being said, am i gonna cause myself a major stomach problem? A major gassy feeling? i dont have a gullbladder, i just dont want to get rid of one pain and cause another that may b worse, then again, nothings worse than w/d ing, well i better not say that, but im kinda scared of the imodium thinking its gonna cause me to feel sick and throw up or something , so wen u took the imodium did you take alot and did it make u throw up and feel like u had a tummy virus or something
Old 05-16-2013, 05:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I made sure I didn't have work and there were other people in the house, because like you I didn't know how taking so many Imodium would make me feel - it didn't have much of an effect on my tummy at all, but really took away the chills and awful leg twitches.
You aren't weak or a disgrace, these drugs are bigger than us - you are amazing for recognising it and being determined to stop. When I stopped I made sure I would run out and have no access to more for a few days - otherwise I would have taken one to stop the flu-feeling. If it's not in the house you can't though.
What is your next plan xxx
Old 05-16-2013, 05:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Crystalclear, the Imodium should help you with the stomach upset part of the withdrawals. (you should consult your dr if you don't have a gallbladder though) unfortunately, that is just one aspect of the symptoms of withdrawal. You will probably feel leg cramps and or tingling sensations, headaches, body aches, depression anxiety etc. if you can try to taper from such a high dose before going cold turkey it might also help you. Although some say that it only prolongs your withdrawal and if your like me, being addicted to them, you might not be able to do that unless you have someone dolling them out to you. This time I switched from pain killers to suboxine maintenance. Anyway, whatever you decide, please do something to get off these narcotic, and I do say narcotic painkillers, they are just as strong and just as addictive as any other opiate painkiller and regardless what daisy1 says, they do make you high.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I never took more than two at a time maybe that's why I felt they made me feel more normal and energised than high (as I know high anyway)
Old 05-16-2013, 09:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Imodium helps with the cold sweats and tingling?
Old 05-16-2013, 09:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Not for me only relieved stomach problems associated with withdrawal.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Oh ok I see your point. I took much more as I was addicted to Percs, Oxys, morphine, Vic's and would take trams when I couldn't find the others. As you described "energy, happy" good ol auphoric feeling. that is the high of oppiates and is why I was addicted to them. I too felt they were a "wonder drug". That is until they took over my life.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:09 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Best thing for tingling and and cold sweets are hot baths. Also, staying hydrated with Gatorade helps. Unfortunately though only time can get you through and staying clean. Good luck.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:19 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Anyone know how long the cold sweats and tingling will last?
Old 05-16-2013, 11:57 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

JKooba, my cold sweats and jitters started on day 2 and lasted for about 3.5 days, then I just had bad can't lay still insomnia for about 3 weeks. So you have to find acceptance that this is just how you are going to feel for a while, but it WILL EVENTUALLY GO AWAY.

Have patience with yourself and your body, time is the only thing that is really going to make a difference. YOU CAN DO THIS! When you feel like caca GET MAD at the tramadol, not yourself, it will help you to focus your pain and suffering being the fault of the drug, not your body for the symptoms you are feeling.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:51 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Taking large quantities of imodium (loperamide) made a massive difference to my actual physical aching and twitching, there is youtube clip where a man talks about it. I tried it and it worked. Well made a big difference anyway. Xxx
Old 05-18-2013, 04:36 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Been there myself. I took even more than that, and then doctor shopped and bought off the internet. The doctor at that time said they were NOT addictive...they are. It is like detoxing from a narcotic. I had to go to detox in the hospital, and it took 11 days for me.
It is definitely addictive, so don't let anyone tell you it is not...it's as scary as oxy. Good luck to you....if you try to detox yourself, it can be dangerous....you will experience feelings as though you have the flu for several days until you get through it. I wish you the best. DO NOT DO THE ONLINE thing like I did. You never know what you will get, and it is expensive.