Notices

withdrawl....how

Old 03-26-2013, 12:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

withdrawl....how

any advice on how to get through this?????almost 45 hours ....
Old 03-26-2013, 01:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

There is truly only one way to do it... Its to commit 100% to the idea that it will pass and you will one day feel good without pills. You have to believe it or whats the point? Luckily its the truth. My advice to you is to just do it cold turkey and take minimal meds (no opiates). By meds i refer to Imodium, benzos ect. What got me through was the idea that the next day will be better (even if its only by 1%). Distract yourself by any means necessary other than thinking about pills. This forum, drives, walks, video games, literally anything to pass the time. If you can make it past the first 30 days the light will show itself to you
Old 03-27-2013, 07:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
BFD
Slowly, but surely, making it!

You're almost peaking. Today should be your last hellish day. You can do this.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Don't forget after the physical part is almost over the mental crap will creep up. Keep thinking positing. Anxieties can be controller by lots of natural herbs, valerian root extract, and all diff ovc blood pressure stuff. And stay POSITIVE!!!!!!! It was the toughest for me. If u r using benzos, don't use them longer than 3-4 days, they r very addicting and making the mental part horrific!!!!! Good luck stay strong!!!!!
Old 03-27-2013, 09:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I too am going through serious withdrawals, but I just read something about imodium, etc. helping with withdrawals, there is a link online. I don't know if it really works and like all medical advice on the internet be careful. I will try it, but I can't seem to move right now, the sun hurts, the walk to the store seems like a horrible idea. And I'm pretty sure I've seen every NCIS episode at least twice since yesterday.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm going to my local tea shop for some chamomile. I'm right behind ya. I'm on day 2. Last night was insane!! Terrible dreams. Woke up at 1:30am thinking a war had started in my town. But this morning feels a lot better. I keep saying, this is worth it, it is just my mind and body and will go away.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Captaincrunch View Post
I too am going through serious withdrawals, but I just read something about imodium, etc. helping with withdrawals, there is a link online. I don't know if it really works and like all medical advice on the internet be careful. I will try it, but I can't seem to move right now, the sun hurts, the walk to the store seems like a horrible idea. And I'm pretty sure I've seen every NCIS episode at least twice since yesterday.
The Immodium will help with the diarrhoea. It won't make the wds go away but not having to run to the bathroom every 30 minutes helps TREMENDOUSLY!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I actually had to take Imodium every 2 hrs for the first 2 days, then every 4 hrs the next 2 days and the twice a day since. I feel like it helped a lot. Today I didn't take anything and feeling good. Do u guys still sneeze? It's been 2weeks of sneezing usually 5times in the row and then a 2-3 hr break then sneezing again. Anyone knows when that stops?
Old 03-28-2013, 09:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Mornings are they absolute worst I take depression/anxiety meds, so I can't take any herbal stuff like st Johns wort or anything
Old 03-28-2013, 08:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

The sneezing, yawning and runny nose is different for everyone but is starts to go away in about 2-3 weeks.

Immodium actually has some of the chemical make up of opiates. It does not get processed by the in the same way in your body as opiates and does not have ANY addictive properties. It does help with withdrawal symptoms especially the diarreha.

Opiate withdrawal symptoms are sooo bizarre...never no whats going to get you.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Didn't make it..... now I'm dissapointed in myself... it wouldn't have been 4 days today... tommoriw is a new day.... day one repeated, I'm detemined to do this tho
Old 03-28-2013, 10:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

sorry to hear you did not make it, now you know what you need to do to get through it the next time. Do you have any support? Not sure if you are into NA or seeing a therapist, or anything like that, but support really helped me. I don't do NA now, but during my first 30 days I looked forward to the meetings. Hang in there and proud of you for coming back and admitting you messed up.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:49 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Ty I candoit..... ashamed, but here and honest, I wanted to be clean, happy national healthy, it's just hard cause I'm hiding this