Notices

Coming off 2000mg IV oxy use... (truth)

Old 02-28-2013, 09:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Coming off 2000mg IV oxy use... (truth)

i really need help. ive posted before coming off of heroin using minimal amounts of suboxone. that didn't end up so well. i ended up relapsing and was sent to asia.

being the addict i am, i went to any orthopedic doctor i could find and all the hospitals i could find and lied to get roughly 90 (40mg oxycontin) pills and did about 40-50 pills a day... IV for about three months.

at that point, my body started giiving out and i had uncontrollable diahrea and couldn't function without doing 300mg shots at a time every couple of hours so i called and asked for help from a family member.

the plane ride was HELL (flying 14 hours during withdrawal). i was in the bathroom for most of the ride, puking and on the toilet seat.

heart was racing, couldn't stop thinking about getting a fix the moment i got back to my city airport.

unfortunately, i wasn't able to score but somehow managed to later that night...

WELL- this is the important part.. it has been 14 days since i've used... and my heart feels like it's about to pop out of my chest 24/7. i used some KRATOM and BENZO to help the first week so i didn't notice, but it seems as if they just prolonged my withdrawal.

my question is... is the acute stage of opiate withdrawal this long?

i remember last attempt it took about 7-14 days and i was feeling good.
this time though.. i feel like it's really dragging out.
could the kratom and benzo use have prolonged my wd? or is this normal...

also..

i can't sleep and if i do, it'll be at like 8am and i'll have the most surreal vivid and depressing dreams... can anyone associate? and when I DO sleep i wake up with the worst sweats. my whole bed, pillow, and blanket is drenched in sweat....

sorry i am all over the place. i have spent the last 2 weeks sitting in front of my computer watching movies and twitching and just wanting this thing to end! i force myself to eat and i take vitamins... no energy to do anything but walk around the house... want to attend a meeting but without a car. so i am on here looking for help, advice, and just hear people's stories...

i wonder if anyone has used 2000mg of oxy before?
i think i done messed my body up good this time...
i want my life back.

-sub0
Old 02-28-2013, 09:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My highest dosage was 400mg a day and I thought that was on the extreme end. That's crazy man. I wish you the best of luck. What you are going through with sweats, sleep, anxiety, depression is totally expected and a result of your brain repairing itself. It eventually goes away. Also, take a read through the attached. It helped me a lot.

PAWS | Digital Dharma
Old 02-28-2013, 11:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

oh man, I feel for you man. Hang tight. If you can get some medical help or go to a meeting, might help, but that is just my thoughts. I am in Asia now, I have withdrawed off the 20mg oxy here more than once, and that was intense. Shitting myself, puking, shakes, cold/hot, sweats, no sleep, nightmares, it was awful. I am a year off the pills now, and never want to look back, but it took a long long time for me to feel normal again. However, each day it gets way better. Hang tight my friend.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

how long did all those acute symptoms last for you??? and were you able to sleep after a couple of weeks? its been 14 days and my heart's still pounding and i can't sleep! ugh..
Old 03-01-2013, 12:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done on 14 days.
No never used oxy, we don't get that in the UK.
I've heard that if you never any other opiate through withdrawal it prolongs it.
But always talk to a doctor about that as I'm not expert.
Justwanted to wish you best of luck.
Have you had any therapy. You say you were on heroin before n niw on oxy. Maybe it needs addressing so you dont have to go through this again.
Please keep pisting so we can support you.
Hugs, evey
Old 03-01-2013, 07:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Kratom most definitely can and will prolong your withdrawal symptoms. Sounds like a visit to the doctor might be in order to get checked out (maybe a full physical). You just never know what you have done to your body.

I remember talking to you over on the Sub forum. I wondered what happened to you. How the heck did you get sent to Asia? Sleep problems, intense depression, and crazy dreams were all typical for me. The depression being the worst part for me. Feeling like life has absolutely no purpose and doing even the littlest thing took all of my energy and determination. Another reason for a doctor visit. Maybe you have true depression or a chemical imbalance or something which he/she can help you with. Getting off dope is hard enough, but doing it depressed and/or suicidal is a recipe for disaster.

It is going to be a long hard road. You are going to have to be ever vigalant. Prepared for the cravings because it is not if they will come, but when. Get some structure in your life. Build up a support system. Meetings, Therapist, and a solid daily routine can make a huge difference. Now you are back home with all of your triggers and people, places, and things to deal with. It sounds like you were also building a decent support system there too so take advantage of it. The time is now to dive into recovery. I would hate to see you drop off the map for another 6 months or more because the progression is only going to get worse. Jails, Institutions, and Death as they say. Don't become a statistic. Be Good my friend!!!
Old 03-01-2013, 08:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Marcus how have u been? thanks for the follow up. i thought i was on day 14.. im in the middle of day 13 now sorry.

i would like to thank everybody for giving me support...

one reason i came to this site is due to the fact that im scared to go out to meetings by myself right now.

i haven't fully detoxed for i am still sweating like crazy and my heart is racing the whole day.. i feel like if i let myself drive, i will go straight to where i usually go.

i keep trying to tell myself that once i start feeling better, i will start to go to meetings and get a daily routine.

if i can't even get past this initial detox period.. i do think i need inpatient and some sort of medical detox care.

this is my last time i'm gonna try to do this on my own.

i did see the family doctor, but they were not too familiar with opiate withdrawal and put me on clonidine, and clonazepam...

i stopped taking the clonazepam like a week ago. no pill or any sort of narcotic in my hand is gonna do me any good so i stopped.

but im starting to feel like maybe i need maintenance again. i don't know how long i can stand sweating, not sleeping, being tired but restless, and depressed...

i hope this gets better by week 3... if not week 4. PLEASE GOD!

-sub0
Old 03-01-2013, 08:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

btw i was sent to Korea bc that's where i got clean 4 years ago... this time i found a loophole in their medical system. im such a wreck... i'm glad i got out before i ran myself straight into jail... or death. the thought of that keeps me going.. minute by minute. but each minute seems like forever.

have u ever seen inception? i feel like im in limbo. lol
Old 03-01-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

sub0 -

First off I commend you for Detoxing from such an amount. I cannot imagine anyone living through even doing that much...wow. Unfortunately your use of
Kratom (which I'm told attaches to the same Opiate receptors in your brain) seems to have delayed your Detox, so you're really at the end of week one it would seem.

The acute portion of your Detox shouldn't last much longer. Don't throw away the days you've endured! Make this the last time, we're pulling for you.
Perhaps you can contact someone who runs your local meetings and they can help you get a ride there and back?

Stay strong...I'm amazed that you didn't die from such a nearly unbelievable level of Oxy abuse....there must be a reason for that, so don't give in now!
Old 03-01-2013, 09:18 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

i think if i continued for another week i woulda died... i had respiratory depression during sleep and what not. and my liver gave out on me and i couldn't process anything in my stomach.. so one thing would go in my mouth and the next minute come out the other side. it was like a water slide.

thanks for the support and kind words... this 2,000mg oxy binge lasted about 3 months though...

i was thinking about getting kratom today but i will fight that urge.

it is just my disease talking to me.

thank u once again...

still day 13-

-sub0
Old 03-01-2013, 03:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Wow sub that sounds bad about your liver n having respirory depression but good that you've decided to quit. Think of all thr good things that will happen from you quitting;
You'll save money
Wont have to go through withdrawal symptoms again
Won't have to depend on anything
Can help other (you will be an inspiration)

You should be proud of yourself. .
Old 03-01-2013, 10:18 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

thank you eveleivibe. i almost slipped today.. almost went out to get some kpins or kratom to help with this overall body fever and heart pounding...

but.. instead i kept eating until i felt like throwing up and then took a long walk on the treadmill which seemed to help for a little bit.

took a LONG hot shower and now i feel somewhat better.

insomnia is still killing me. i think its the worst symptom now.

this past week i have gotten close to a whole 5-7 hours of sleep.

i think it will make me go crazy. perhaps i jumped off at too high of a dose.

i don't remember the acute stage of withdrawal lasting this long.

anyways, sorry.. just updating.

onto day 14.... another LONG DAYYY ahead of me

-sub0
Old 03-02-2013, 12:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I think once you no longer take ANYTHING the withdrawal wont be much longer.
That's brilliant that you didn't cave, shows you are strong n determined.
Be careful about eating loads as you don't want to become addicted to overesting n become obese. Going on the treadmill was positive
If ever you don't feel like exercise have considered stretching n relaxing exercises? Maybe look into yoga?
Try eating foods high in omega 3 like almonds. And foods containing b6 like salmon. And foods containing iron like brocolli, sprouts. You could research this online.

When you feel like caving post on here other addicts will talk you out of it n they can be quite persuasive

Have you joirnaled your withdrawals from day 1 so you could look back on them when the cravings get strong? If you haven't, can you remember enough to jounal the past few weeks, today? This may be of help.

Evey
Old 03-02-2013, 08:53 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

the first two days i was sweating, nauseous, cramping, had diarrea, disoriented, lethargic no energy to even stand, heart pounding and mind racing.. along with RLS. so i thought i had to taper down first, so i got one 8mg of suboxone which i took for 3 days.

for those three days i was delirious, in a state of confusion and had mild symptoms...

after those three days i still woke up with intense withdrawals so i got prescribed benzos and bought myself some kratom which i took for about a week.

once again, as i was taking these i still felt the withdrawals, and got barely to no sleep, heart throbbing, mind racing, panic attack, RLS, and excessive sweating..

each day seemed like forever. and i apologize. i counted back and it's only been 3 days since i last took kratom.

it's felt like it's been forever cuz each day drags on, and something i say one day.. will seem like weeks ago the very next day.

im onto day 14 NOW, of no real short acting opiate but i feel like im regressing.

i felt somewhat okay yesterday. okay enough to get on the treadmill and walk and eat. today i have no energy whatsoever.

when will this ever end?!

agh that oxy binge after a year on dope sure did mess my brain up good.

i hope it's not permanent.

i can't stand the sweats at night....

my body temp feels like it's on 200 degrees!!!

-sub0
Old 03-03-2013, 08:12 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

slowly making the transition from day 14 to day 15.

most of the withdrawal symptoms are gone besides the lethargy, restlessnes, and inability to sleep along with the night sweats, waking up drenched in my own sweat.

my heartrate has seemed to have calmed down.

i still am depressed i think.. no motivation to do anything.

i hope this all pays off. i hope i feel human again by summer.

i should change my name to 2000mg survivor.

took roughly 8,000 40mg pills in a matter of three months..

i'm grateful im not dead. thx to all those that have been following me and checking up on me through messages.

u guys have been my motivation.

-sub0

let's do this for one more day. everyday.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:06 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Well done - if you want to change your name, you can ask a moderator to do this for you.

I don't really have any advice on the insomnia n night sweats. Hopefully others will do. You are an inspiration n just think you can be helping n advising others too soon. Maybe listen to some relaxing music before bed, a hot bath???

Thinking of you
Evey xxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 03-03-2013, 08:20 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

thank u. i've been into electro swing as of lately....

but that doesn't seem to calm my mind.

i guess i will have to go with some classical or something.

my body temperature is still elevated.

my heart rate has become somewhat manageable.

i hope i've passed my peak; when i wake up tomorrow i want to feel like i can get this done correctly... instead of feeling like giving up.

i always tell myself in the morning when the sun comes up.. .one more day kiddo, one more day. let's just wait one more day and see if it settles down.

dunno if i can hold on any longer. been tempted to get some kind of benzo to help calm my nerves.

wish me luck.. finishing day 15 soon.

-sub0
Old 03-03-2013, 09:01 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

why on Earth you wouldn't check into a detox to go through this I have no idea, unless you are too poor, which you probably aren't if you're flying back and forth from East Asia.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:41 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

i have been through detox and relapsed afterwards. i believe in the end, it's all up to the diseased addict. i haven't slept a good 2 hours straight this past 2-3 weeks but i'm hanging on with my dear life. in the end i see it as life or death.

at least that's what i tell myself whenever i start to crave...

as they say 'this too shall pass'

when? i don't know.. but it will! i believe!

thx for the input... the ticket to asia was off mileage.

as for me and my money- well it all went to dope and oxy.

i am as poor as can be at the moment... stupid me
Old 03-04-2013, 01:55 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

You hang in there sub0. At the levels you were taking it's a wonder you feel better at two weeks clean already. 2000mg/day is crazy. You're most def through the worst of the initial kick. The insomnia lasted longest for me. I'm at 9 months clean now and still getting no more than 6 hours of sleep a night. It's all good though. Give your mind and body time to heal from that carpet bombing of narcotics you just survived. You are indeed lucky to be alive. May your luck continue into a healthy clean life.