Notices

Vivitrol question???

Old 03-06-2013, 10:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Vivitrol question???

My husband was clean for a while until he broke his arm, needed surgery and was given his DOC for pain. He has struggled with addiction since December - after the surgery.

His therapist suggested he get the Vivitrol shot for a while. In addition, he still continues with NA, his sponsor, etc.

Has anyone used this shot and stopped? If so, do the drug urges come back? He tried suboxone, had a terrible withdrawal and relapsed for a couple of weeks shortly after. He claims he was nit prepared for all the cravings to come screaming back! (He was very early in his recovery and used subs for a month).

He received the shot last week, was very sick with vomiting but says he has no cravings at all, can think clearly without compulsive thoughts. He intends to do it for 3 months. I am just wondering what happens after he stops the injections.

Thank you for information.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hiya,
I don't know nothing about vivitrol shot sorry but wish you both well n that's ace that it's stopping cravings.
I hope others are able to help you.
Evey x
Old 03-07-2013, 02:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Revolutionary new drug Vivitrol offers new life to addicts | Health | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
I hope this link helps you. I see you haven't any responses I assume that's because it's a new drug.
Good luck xxxxxxx
Old 03-07-2013, 08:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveMeNow View Post
My husband was clean for a while until he broke his arm, needed surgery and was given his DOC for pain. He has struggled with addiction since December - after the surgery.

His therapist suggested he get the Vivitrol shot for a while. In addition, he still continues with NA, his sponsor, etc.

Has anyone used this shot and stopped? If so, do the drug urges come back? He tried suboxone, had a terrible withdrawal and relapsed for a couple of weeks shortly after. He claims he was nit prepared for all the cravings to come screaming back! (He was very early in his recovery and used subs for a month).

He received the shot last week, was very sick with vomiting but says he has no cravings at all, can think clearly without compulsive thoughts. He intends to do it for 3 months. I am just wondering what happens after he stops the injections.

Thank you for information.
I have posted about my husband LMN quite often. He used it for two months and then stopped. He remained in rehab for a month after this. When he stopped he did not experience any significant side effects. He also did not talk about any urges returning. But he was in therepy the whole time, so I dont know what part of the urges are physical vs mental.

I was happy to hear that your husband tried the drug. I just want to tell you that I hope this is the turning point for him, and he can find lasting recovery because you both deserve that.

Good Luck.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Alfor, is she looking at this thread?