Notices

Joined Yesterday, 1st time addict HELP

Old 01-14-2013, 09:16 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I have weened myself down to next to nothing as far as heroin goes then waited 24 hours and took a quarter of a sub then another quarter in another hour then another in an hour etc up to one suboxone the first day. Second day I did the same thing also on the third day. 4th and fifth day I only did half, then for two days I did quarters then quit all together and it was not bad at all.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:21 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

sorry, dbl post.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:23 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Teapot? Is tapering off the meds an option to you instead of going cold turkey? It would allow you to stay at your job while reducing your dosage gradually therefor reducing the withdrawl effects. Send me a private message if you need to.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:43 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Yea tapering i could do but i heard you still feel crappy and lathargic during the tapering. If thats true i think id rather go ct than 8 weeks of that. Right now im just trying to figure out what is true and what is bs. I just know i have to get off of these things. I dont want to be on these for years to come. At end of tapering do you still have w/d?
Old 01-14-2013, 11:54 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Right now im just trying to figure out what is true and what is bs.
A Dr really is the best place for medical advice, Teapot.

D
Old 01-14-2013, 03:04 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by teapot View Post
Yea tapering i could do but i heard you still feel crappy and lathargic during the tapering. If thats true i think id rather go ct than 8 weeks of that. Right now im just trying to figure out what is true and what is bs. I just know i have to get off of these things. I dont want to be on these for years to come. At end of tapering do you still have w/d?
I imagine WD's are different for everybody. No one size fits all. I'm tapering and I'm able to go about my day quite well. What will I find when I reach the end of the taper? I don't know.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:09 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

teapot: My experience is this. The opiates left my body in about seven days. During the detoxing. I sneezed a whole lot. Couldn't sleep. Didn't want to eat. Smells were extremely strong. I couldn't stand the smell of anything. (My shampoo, deodorant, Jethro's shower soap, all foods, etc. I didn't dare buy anything new though. Because once I got past this? Things returned to smelling normal again. LOL) I ran a little bit of fever and it really kicked in about dark thirty. I'd chew up 4 baby aspirins to control the fever. I also had absolutely no energy the first couple of weeks.

My RLS, that I was born with, would go absolutely bonkers the first two weeks. I'd also get these symptons in my arms too. This was really the worst part of the physical w/d's. I have a prescribed med, "Carbidopa" that I can take any time, day or night. It helps to relieve the RLS and also works on the dopamine in my brain. So this medication is a true life saver in the first month coming off the opiates.

Your painful areas are going to really be hurting in the beginning. Your brain is telling you - tricking you into believing you need the opiates. The opiates numb your nerves throughout your body. It really doesn't go to the source of the pain. I take four Advil for my pain. It goes to the source of the pain to relieve it. I also use a 5% Lidocain patch on my lower back. I get a prescribed med called, "Meloxicam" too. OTC - Potassium helps with Charlie Horses and nerve pain. OTC - L-Lysin works on the muscles and also stops me from getting fever blisters.

The hard part though is the mental part of it. You already know you can't go w/o the opiates? So once you get past the physical dependancy of it. The mental part of it will be the next step. I watched a "Dr Phil" show earlier this morning, that explained it really well. It was a show from 2009 called: "How to stay sober". It was about two different men. One was a former police officer - taking 2,000 pills a month. Yikes! The other was a man that was an alcoholic. You might be able to search around the web in order to watch it.

These are my detoxing - withdrawal symptons that I go thru when I go CT off the opiates. The opiates are Hydrocodone 10 mg that I CT'ed off of. This is my, NO BS, story.

There used to be another individual on here that had a hard time believing all these addiction stories. He kept claiming he wasn't an addict. He was given this sh1t due to having back surgery. So he was totally against being called an addict. I tried to explain to him. No he wasn't an addict. But he was addicted to the opiates. So for everything that he was reading in these threads was testimonials from others using the opiates and trying to stay clean in order to live a life w/o the opiates in their body. It's the same thing for people that can't do w/o their cigarettes, coffee, milk, cokes, etc. Our bodies have become dependent on them and our bodies go into withdrawals when we aren't providing the substance for our bodies needs. He was also an Army man!

So no matter how you view these stories throughout the threads here. You've already experienced what it's like to not have the opiates. You're going to experience it again when you make a date for quitting them.

TOD
Old 01-14-2013, 07:38 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi teapot you can read about the suboxone I was looking into it I'm clean 4 days cold Turkey yes the leg thing is by far the worst that happen to me and chills I took maybe 15 hot hot showers and water by the gallon. I used antidiarea Meds . Day 3 I felt just tired I was lucky I used way longer and more. But heres what I got from reading about suboxone first it's very important you stop taking your killers you must be in withdraws 24 hours is what I read is safe if you take to soon before your other pain Meds are out of your system enough it will make wd much worse. So please do your research before you take those some swear by them but they are addictive to so I chose ct. Good luck you can do it. It sounds to me that you have will power to taper off I would choose that with help from wife. What ever you choose stay strong I'm sure you will be looking back on this soon.

Pat
Old 01-14-2013, 09:26 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. I have learned a lot since i got on here. And thanks for all the pm's. I have been told in the pm's from some pretty knowledgeable people that from what they have read that im not an addict but i am dependent. My post reads 1st time addict. Im really dont know crap but im trying and this forum has been golden. I dont think i have felt a buzz from these pills in over a year. Sure in the beginning i did but thats bc i had no tolerance. Now i take them for one reason and one reason only. Not to get sick. That surprise w/d that i went thru even though it was just one day has left its mark. I have re read my posts and its like i got all these questions looking for this magic way to make w/d easy. Well its just not going to be. Im just gonna have my thomas recipe next to me with some lopermide and knuckle down. I am going to try and taper first. So will see.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:56 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

HI, everyone. just joined yesterday. i will make my story short but i need to say some details so you know where i am. 39yrs old and never had a drug problem. married, father of 2 young ones. full time job. just regular joe. i barely even had a beer maybe once a month. anyways person on cell phone ran a stop sign and blew into me. ruptured l4 l5 and s1. in cleveland clinic care for 4 mth outpatient. in those 4 mths i was put on pain killers. after realeased they put me right down the hall to their pain managment clinic. so i go and for another 4 mths on stronger pain killers. got tired of driving up there so i switched to a pain doctor locally. he immediately increased my dose. so now its 3 months of him and i am convinced he is a total quack. i here him causing out patients. he swears in the hallway. i forgot my bottle once and he said quote, forget your bottle again and im kicking your ****** ass outta here. im not making this up. so i decided im not going back to this guy. so i decided to stop the meds and see how my back reacted. dont laugh but i had no idea about withdrawal. didnt even know i was dependent. well after a day he hit me hard. i was like what the heck. i served in the Marine Corps and that was the roughest crap ever. i was able to hack most of it but my legs wouldnt stop kicking. i mean 9 hours staight. so i gave in and got back on the pills and went back to the quack. i really feel like i was just some poor schmuck who wasnt on any drugs at all that got in an accident and now here i am in hell. i am sick of these pills. i feel guilty taken em. i need to take em to get out of bed. my kids are 6 and 3. i am currently on 240 percocet 10mg and 180 roxicodone 15mg per month. i dont know what im even looking for here but i have to start somewhere and figure out how to get outta this. also have i permenently damaged my brain to produce happiness in the future if i ever get clean. thanks everyone for any response. truly
OMG!!!! I really feel for you here because you didn't intentionally get addicted. You had anaccident n were in pain so needed the relief. Detox will be hard but you can do it you got lots of support here. Please don't see that doctor again he should be reported. He should not be handing out pills like this n verbally abusing patients. I am so very sorry for all you've beeb through. I wish you all the luck n success with getting off these. You can do it!
Evey
Old 01-23-2013, 10:09 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. I have learned a lot since i got on here. And thanks for all the pm's. I have been told in the pm's from some pretty knowledgeable people that from what they have read that im not an addict but i am dependent. My post reads 1st time addict. Im really dont know crap but im trying and this forum has been golden. I dont think i have felt a buzz from these pills in over a year. Sure in the beginning i did but thats bc i had no tolerance. Now i take them for one reason and one reason only. Not to get sick. That surprise w/d that i went thru even though it was just one day has left its mark. I have re read my posts and its like i got all these questions looking for this magic way to make w/d easy. Well its just not going to be. Im just gonna have my thomas recipe next to me with some lopermide and knuckle down. I am going to try and taper first. So will see.
I hear you. I was in severe withdrawal other day from codeine n it was hell. I was lying on the floor a pathetic mess sodding my heart out with all coming out at both ends embarrassing). It literally crawled everywhere. I'd only ever had that once n it was 1995 when i had flu. It was that horridous i ended up taking 600mg codeine next day. Felt so guilty though because my little 1 saw me sick. My point is if you are going to do the c/t way get all the meds AWAY FROM YOU OUT OF THE HOUSE because you will go for them to stop it. Or better still taper if someone can hold the meds for you.
Also record your withdrawals because they're easy forget in replacement for the meds.

All the best
Evey
Old 01-23-2013, 10:23 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=teapot;3771998]Thanks guys. I have learned a lot since i got on here.

hey friend go into detox for a week. Some are free. Mine was here in Florida.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:49 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

My thoughts are dump them all and be sick for a week or so and be done! But that is just me, as I could never ever be successful with a taper. I obsessed over those stupid things like a bee does honey. Have you ever been through withdrawals before?
Old 01-24-2013, 12:07 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

You're in a great place right now, believe it or not

Hello,

I'm typing this hours after I had to call my husbands probation officer to pick him up because he had fallen off the wagon and began taking xanex and vicodin the past few days. My husband has struggled with prescription pills for a decade; he is now in his early thirties married and wanting to have children. He began using recreationally and was able to control his use until the amount of pills it took to get him high sky rocketed into a near death overdose. I truly believe that if he got the help he needed 10 years ago or even 5 years ago, that his life would be different. He is now so dependent on pills that he was on probation for driving under the influence (of prescription pills) and started using the two days knowing that he would have a drug test and fail and go to jail. He is the president of company with over 300 hundred employees, as well as having his last two OUI arrests printed in the newspaper. Forget what this does to me his wife, but he himself still could not stay sober. His doctors are white glove drug dealers, who all know his situation yet prescribe him these things. I have no experience with any other type of substance abuse, but from what I've seen and been told, prescription pills are some of the hardest to get off of, and I believe it. I wish more than anything that my husband were in your state of mind right now to be able to seek out help and want to be sober. Instead he is sitting in jail, high on an amount of pills that should have absolutely killed him. I know when he sobers up he will be scared...and I hope to god for you that you can start on a road to recovery. I drove to a hotel last night and mentally prepared myself to find my husbands dead body. I am 22 and all I want is my husband back and to start a family. You deserve a happy, sober life. The medical field and it's use of prescription pills is out of control, the idea that we should trust what our doctors suggest is just no longer the truth sadly. But believe it or not, I see your position as such a great one. You are healthy enough to reach out for help. Good luck, it can be done.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:33 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi ccharlotte: Welcome to SR!

I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this. I know it can literally crush the breath right out of your chest. Here is a link you might feel more comfortable posting in. You are welcome to hang out here, but the answers you are needing in your source of help is more related in this thread.

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

I wish you wellness and comfort in this trying time.

Tiredofdrugs
(TOD)
Old 01-24-2013, 08:37 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

TOD you basically said what i was trying to say in 1 short paragraph. I need to learn to do that instead of beating round the bush lol
Old 01-24-2013, 08:40 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Eh? Hang on im in the wrong place here am i on ccharlottes thread or teapots????
Old 01-24-2013, 03:10 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by eveleivibe View Post
Eh? Hang on im in the wrong place here am i on ccharlottes thread or teapots????
You are on teapots thread. Goofy! Next time when you are in doubt of where you are on the Threads? Go to the top of the page and straight across towards the left side from "Private Messages" you'll see in Bold Black letters the Thread you are on!

Now you know!

TOD
Old 01-24-2013, 03:33 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Sorry i'm partially sighted n using my iPhone, saw a similar post on here to another thread n got confused.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by eveleivibe View Post
Sorry i'm partially sighted n using my iPhone, saw a similar post on here to another thread n got confused.
It was said with love and humour. Nothing negative. Those iphones are a pain to type on. LOL

TOD