Notices

Help! - Codeine withdrawal as of Now

Old 10-26-2012, 12:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help! - Codeine withdrawal as of Now

Heyas. I'm 20 and from Dublin. Been addicted to codeine for around about three and a half. I'm not taking them as of today.

How much I take per day fluctuates. Usually around the 800-900mg mark! Been taking less the past few weeks maybe like 300mg? I'm a student and have a week off so considering that and other factors - no money, simply wanting to get off them - I've decided to just withdrawal over the next few days.

I know what to expect - I've been day(s) without them before and I recognize it's not pretty. I spent a day last week without taking any and things got rough in the evening. I sometimes use other drugs - coke, Ecstasy, ketamine, weed - but haven't touched anything aside from codeine in around a month. I would have smoked some weed over the coming days but lately it's just making me proper paranoid! It's half 8 my time and I took already 200mg today but have no more left and not planning on taking anything else.

I'll keep you updated - I promise! My plan for the coming days is to just keep busy writing and reading and going for walks/swims and things. Any advice? Anything I'm forgetting?

Thanks for reading my post!
Old 10-26-2012, 02:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good luck.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Honestly- it will suck, but it will be worth it. If you want my opinion, kick the coke, special K (you're not a cat! and E. They are only going to feed the "addiction". I do know a couple guys who have done well kicking codeine with weed to help to relax, but this is my 2nd time and have been doing pretty damn good without anything. Keep focusing forward. Its important to not only look 5 minutes ahead but also 2-3 weeks- knowing that's when you will again start feeling normal. Keep clear of your mates that you partied with- that burned me before, not them- but my poor decisions. Drink lots of juice and water, B vitamins and bananas (help with the muscle cramps). If you can swim-or excersize- DO IT!! Will help to sweat the toxins out as well as wear you out so you can sleep better. Wish you the best, check in here often- its my safe place and sounding board. I am on day 8 off suboxone (which I don't recommend-may be good for some, but has been harder to kick than the codeine). Take care and keep your head up and go for it! It can be done, but like any great success it takes a lot of effort and will!
Old 10-27-2012, 04:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR....

Glad to see you are heading into a drug free future