Notices

Anybody out there

Old 01-16-2004, 06:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Unhappy Anybody out there

I am addicted to tramadol and I need help. I take up to 25 a day and wonder what I am doing to my body. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and have been taking tramadol ever since. My docter took me off of them last year when I had a seizure after taking tramadol and neorotin together.(his idea). Ever since I have been doing the internet thing and it is breaking me. Every now and then when I am waiting for some to come in and I run out I feel like I am going to die.And it is so horrible and I get so mad at myself and then and soon as they come in I gobble them down again.I can't take this much longer. I have three wonderful children and a great life but if I don't have tramadol my world turns to hell. Can anybody help me?
Old 01-16-2004, 09:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hello! Is this seat taken??

sorry - I just saw this and wanted to reply. did some research and tramadol is a pain killer, overdose symptoms can be pretty bad, put it in your web browser and check it out. Then I'd hook up with an Narcotics Anonymous meeting and talk to others. You'd be surprised how many of us have abused pain killers and Rx pills.

Get to an NA meeting in your area or call 757 875-9314 (looked this up for your area) and kick the addiction! Free yourself and enjoy your kids again like so many of us have already done!

God bless and good luck!
Old 01-17-2004, 06:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Brandydear,
Im an addict too. There are great meetings in your area. Im from Charlottesville, VA, but have friends that visit your area. Newport News has great meetings.
Old 09-13-2004, 03:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I feel the same way w/tramadol

Hi I understand the way you feel I take them everyday for headaches and I too feel like dieing when I run out. The other day my husband had to take me to the er cause of mt withdraws.I was shaking and I could not sit or stay still I also get extremely depressed.The dotor put me on a plan to taper me off but I did not follow thru I dont know what to do.What have you done?
Old 09-13-2004, 04:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hi alanis! welcome! this thread is pretty old, im not sure brandydear is still around. i am not familiar with tramadol, but i know what its like to be hooked on a drug. i hope you will stick around and post more. theres a lot of people here on this site that know what you are going through. and some have experience with tramadol! addiction is no fun. hang in there!

hugs,

dot
Old 09-21-2004, 06:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I went to talk to a pysichiatrist and told him my problem with tramadol and he is trying to taper me off I don't think I can do it and if I don't I might go to texas that is where I am from with my family so I can get into a rehab center because I can't stand it when I run out of the med. I feel horrible.Thanks for replying to me.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. I have a problem with tramadol too. I am a recovering alcoholic and have been sober since 12/24/02. My addiction to alcohol was so severe and I was in rehab after rehab, I went to AA, I tried everything to quit but couldn't. I believe that God healed me and took my addiction to alcohol away. There is a part of me that also believes that tramadol helped me get sober. I suffer from mild depression and also have fibromyalgia, at least that's what they say it is. My doctor knows my struggle with the tramadol and she is trying to help me get off it. She put me on Effexor, but my experience with it wasn't very good. It didn't really help me with the pain and it made me so sleepy I could barely function, so now I am off the Effexor and I'm really glad because I've read so many horror stories about that in itself. I am back to taking 3 tramadol a day and am doing fine. I never take more than 3-4 a day and it doesn't make me feel high, but it just gives me a little bit of energy to get through the day and get things done that I have to do. I truly hate having to be addicted to this stuff but if it helps me not to drink, I'll do it. The hell I lived for 17 years of drinking is something I never ever wish to endure again.

I can't imagine taking 25 tramadol a day. Your health has to be suffering, especially your liver as it is metabolized through the liver. I hope and pray you get help. I know how painful addiction is.

God bless you all.

Carol