Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

(i.v.) Wake up call! Near meth overdose this a.m.

Notices

Old 07-23-2012, 08:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well I think I have my wake up call. Its time I get serious about cleaning up. I am 23 years and thought I felt my life flash through my eyes. I have been binging on crystal meth for two days now. Smoked exclusively until I got the rig out for a slam. This is when horror struck. After the injection, I stood up, instant vertigo..My heart sank. The lights were blinding me they were so bright. My body temperature was through the roof as is my heart rate,.I.immediately ran into the.bathroom and stuck my head under cold water to cool off. My extremities were numb. Back in my bdrm, I sit in front of my box fan and lay back. My breath is short and I am trying to avoid 911. Within 25 min s, my body calms down and I feel okay. The fact I have a high dose of meth in me didnt even cross my mind. This has never happened, and this.has to be a sort of wake up call. Im still layin here trying to relax. I have never been so frightened...
Old 07-23-2012, 10:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Recoveringed

I'm also worried about you, Lost. I know that I justified and allowed all kinds of things when I was using that would be things I would address immediately without question if I were making the decisions from my perspective today. I don't mean to scare you unnecessarily, but the symptoms you described sound serious, and I think you are right in suspecting your life may have been on the line. I hope you will go get checked out and allow this to become the final experience you need to get some real help. I feel for you, and I want you to know that you are not alone. There is freedom from addiction for those willing to surrender and do whatever it takes to get well. The gifts on the other side are amazing. I am sending enormous hugs and prayers.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow - I can relate this very well. Cociane made me very ill - I was passing blood and had stomach pains for 3 months after I stopped using.

The last time I used I remember laying on my bed sweating like I had just got out of the shower and I think I passed out - this was then made worse my 2 days of panic attacks. I have never been so scared in my life.

Please do not ignore the symptoms - when your body gives you a sign then its time to stop.

I cant believe that it took something so bad to stop me using - please lsiten to your body as its trying to let you know that it can't handle the drug.

I am lucky as I have done no serious damage to my body.

My advice would be to see a doctor and seek some help - this is what I did and I am almost 11 months clean.

Good luck
Old 07-23-2012, 03:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah please go to the hospital or something, doesn't sound good. :/
Old 07-23-2012, 11:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It sounds serious, please consider calling 911.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Still I rise.

How are you, Lost?
Old 07-24-2012, 02:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you're doing OK.
This sounds like one of those wake up calls you'd be literally mad to ignore.

D
Old 07-24-2012, 10:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

((Lost)) - how are you doing?

I agree, sounds like a really bad situation. Unfortunately, I had a few of those (not with meth but with opiates then crack) and even thinking I was about to die? I didn't quit. It wasn't one solitary moment, one time when "oh shytt, I think I'm about to die" that led to my recovery. It was getting tired of the consequences (including almost dying) and the lifestyle. It was when getting high just wasn't worth what it took to get there any more.

SR has been a huge part of my recovery. I hope you check back in and let us know how you are.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-25-2012, 12:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am okay, I made it. I fell into psychosis after 55 hours and no sleep,. And had major hallucinations (auditory and visual) until i took a downer and fell asleep. I feel hortible since i woke up.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LostOnceAgain View Post
I am okay, I made it. I fell into psychosis after 55 hours and no sleep,. And had major hallucinations (auditory and visual) until i took a downer and fell asleep. I feel hortible since i woke up.
I am sure I am not the only one thinking this... You're okay? Are you kidding yourself? You're obviously not ready to get help if you think taking a downer and falling asleep constitutes you being okay. I wish that you were ready.... You are worth it.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Go to a hospital, you'll thank yourself sometime down the line.