Notices

Desperately need help staying off oxycodone

Old 03-18-2012, 02:19 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
I Am Burning ; I Will Rise

@Stuck Sounds like you're doing really good. Better the Sub than Oxy's. Just be sure not to get ahead of yourself and make a firm plan with the Subs. Don't let yourself switch to that as your DOC as I did. It will be the easiest way to get off opiates if you don't just maintenance with them, taper as you can handle it and you could be done with thia in no time. Everyone is different, but I jumped at 1mg a day, and that was only 8 days.....most people don't have to stay on that same dose for weeks or months, in my decade+ of experience it's fear that makes people refuse to taper and jump. Best of luck and stick with it....pay rent now!
Old 03-18-2012, 04:30 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
JFD

STB is right. Try to use the Subs for the shortest time possibe that, with a good but aggressive tapering plan and you'll be free in no time.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:37 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

StuckinFL: You've identified at least one trigger, and that's having money in your pocket, and you've also identified an action plan to help you keep from using, and that's reaching out to this forum, reading and posting. You've come a long way already, keep on making progress. It's all baby steps, but everything in life is accomplished one step at a time. It's really good to hear you're doing well!!! **{happy hugs}}
Old 03-19-2012, 10:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Stopdropburn, KuanYin, and JFD, thanks! today started off basically identical to yesterday. woke up, put 2mg of sub under my tounge before even leaving my bedroom, and started a fresh pot of coffee.

Kuan, thanks for pointing out things like triggers. money in the pocket is definitely a trigger but thats just terrible. i mean wtf, i work everyday to make money, everything in life depends on money, it makes the freakin world spin around, and i need to keep it away from me?... lol. i understand however, that at the stage im in right now, having money on me is not a good idea. buuuuuut i made another $85 last night and still have some of it. i say 'some of it' because i bought 1 more suboxone (now i have exactly 2 left), 2 xanax bars (which will be the last time i buy those because i only wanted to have some for the toughest part of withdrawals just to make sure i could get some sleep), andddd i went wild at walmart last night. not really "wild" but i spent $50 bucks on stuff i needed for my house.

ya thats a lot of money that i probably should have saved towards the bills that are coming due very soon but heres how i justified it in my head. yesterday the demons were talking to me. and they almostttttt made me make a phone call to get 2 blues. had i done that, i would have $40 less, would be back to square one, and wouldnt have even felt them because ive been on suboxone. so i said f it. $50 at walmart when i almost blew $40 on some nose candy?? easily justified in my head.

thanks again tho guys. im now technically starting day 5 and am getting better at keeping the demons in check. just taking it day by day. just keep reminding myself why i wanted to quit sooo bad. reminding myself of all the things ill be able to do once i have money that i dont blow on drugs. reminding myself of all the fun ill be having and girls ill be able to chill with once im clean and back to normal. its all gonna be worth it.

until next time, thanks a bunch everyone!
Old 03-19-2012, 05:40 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
JFD

SIF - Great news! Five days is great and I hope your days only get better and they will if you stay on the road your on now. Five days become ten, ten days become twenty, 40, 80...............
Old 03-21-2012, 01:00 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I can't even imagine doing 700-850mg of Oxycodone in a single day! Wow, that would be so horrible to come off of. And I would suspect actually dangerous without some type of medical help.

I started doing 30's back in '08, and it was all fun and games. In '09 I was introduced to the needle. Bad bad deal. But I wouldn't do over 100mg in a 24hr period(mainly because that was the limit of my tolerance and I did not like the way I felt if I did more than that) but also I would hide pills to have the next day or two. It was a way of controlling the twisted cycle.

I am writing this after one week of being without any Oxy, and I feel like crap. The headache is mild but is lingering. I've took Aleve but that's not helping. My shoulders are hurting, my body aches and I am still pacing the floors.

I'm staying away from all the people who do them. The phone has only rang a couple of times but I'm not answering it. I just want to done with this forever. I have to keep posting on here everyday, I want others to know they are not alone, and it is helping keep me in the recovery mode.

I hope you can ride out the physical withdrawal, I am sleeping better but I have no strength. I hope you can stay away from the people you know who are still on the pills.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:12 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Jesus1

I am 50 yrs old and I'm sick and tired of taking percocets. I have been clean for 23 yrs off of cocaine but I feel like I'm doing the same thing expecting different results. I want to come totally off cause I share them then have to go buy some to make it through . Enough is a enough . I don't want to lose everything to see that I need help. I don't know where to start but I do know that I'm sick and tired of being tired
Old 11-03-2014, 11:37 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hey Jesus - this thread is a couple of years old. You will probably get more responses if you start a new thread and introduce yourself. It is great you recognized the problem and are ready to make some changes!
Old 11-23-2014, 06:48 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Oh ok. How do I go bout starting a new thread
Old 11-23-2014, 06:48 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

How do I start a new thread
Old 11-23-2014, 08:29 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

There is a button at the top of the forum that says NEW THREAD - OR Try clicking this link it should work. Tell us more about where you have been and where are are at now. This is a great community!

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...newthread&f=16