Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

Hen House Talk with all our friends - part 23:)

Notices

Hen House Talk with all our friends - part 23:)

Old 01-29-2012, 02:24 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Oh Amy: Sentiments to the galore! LOL I knew, YOU knew where my heart was at when the words came out of my mouth and across the keyboards. Jay being the youngster he is, plus a nonsmoker, just didn't see where I was coming from to a friend doing something SO stupid. No bad feelings on my part towards Jay for coming to your defense.

Chickory: Enjoy your nice supper you are cooking. Glad you got such a nice addition to your kitchen at such a reasonable price.

Lenina: Jethro has been right there with ya on the fibro hurts and pains. He gets to the point he drives me to the point I just want to leave. He snaps at me, bitches about everything and just starts getting to me so bad. I want to disappear. We are expecting 20% to 30% rain for four days in a row. So it should be fun around here while WE both endure the change in weather. NOT!!

I've reduced my meds to one tablet, twice a day. That's 60 mg twice a day. I just took my BP for ya'll. It's 128/95 with pulse at 85. My legs are going back to their original size. I can see my ankles again. LOL They aren't aching as much as they were either. My arms are still a little achy though. I can take all the bitching Amy you want to throw at me. LOL I guess I'm getting too old to let stuff get to me like it use to. Anger in ones self will make that BP rise for sure. So I do my damndest not to get angry anymore.

Umps little dog had somehow escaped out of their fenced in backyard this afternoon. He came waddling his way over here to where Jethro was out working around his shop. So Jethro picked him up and put him back in their backyard. I called Ump's wife and told her what happened. She was upset about him escaping and grateful to Jethro for bringing him back home. I think he's a Shitzu breed of dog. He's a sweety all the same and we'd hate to see anything happen to him. That dog to Ump is like Maria is to Jethro. They are their babies.

Well I better get moving here.

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 01-29-2012, 03:27 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

(((Amy)))
I am sorry about your aunt. That is terrible news. I cant imagine what they are going to do now. I am sure it is a big comfort to them to have you to go to for help. I will keep them in prayer.
love
chicory
Old 01-29-2012, 03:56 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Amy, what happened to your aunt is really one of my worst fears. To be alert and immobilized. I am so sorry. This is just too much for this family.
I was nice btw on the drive thru deal, I told hubby about it and gave him back his ratty old 20 bill as they were kind enough to swap with me. He looked it up online and it's worth about 45 dollars, though I don't know who'd buy it, it sure as heck doesn't spend well. Glad your test scores are reflective of your knowledge. She might have thrown out some questions that were vague or poorly worded as probably everybody missed the same questions.

Lenina, I hope you get to feeling better soon. Maybe an office job would be more suited to you but then you might not have as much time off in between. Hope you can find an herbal or something that gives you relief. I swear by my poor heating pad. It's wadded up but it relaxes me enough at night that I can sleep when I'm feeling in a twisted ball of pain.

TOD I do hope you've got your BP under some control. My mom has a friend that had high bp and his doc adjusted his meds, he got dizzy and fell off his porch and now he's in ICU, not from his bp but from a head injury and some internal damage to his kidney. He has the same sort of luck I would have. Please get it fixed honey. Jethro get her going on the right path.

I also woke up with a bad sinus headache, took some tylenol and dranks some fluids and went back to bed and now I feel great,
I cleaned the house last night and got into some dust and cleaners and the temps outside plunged which contributes to sinus issues.
I know nothing about nothing. Love kids.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:15 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Chicory, was the dutch oven a thrift find or a great store sale? It sounds heavenly what you're cooking up. UMMM good. Yeah I'd like to be inspired to lose... instead of face planting in orange sherbert.
Anytime you want to photo your odds and ends and put them up here or email them I'ld love to see it. I love pottery, porcelain and glass.

My mom gave me my dad's baby plate. He was born in 1921 so it is very old but so adorable. And she gave me my grandmom's aqua pitcher that has Camark on the back which is from the Camden Ohio pottery works and I love this cute pitcher, it kills me my mom has no sentimentality to things and she'd tried to sell this piece years ago at a yard sale for a buck, nobody wanted it but I found one similar to it for 65 online. I think pottery is my escapism for now.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:37 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

found this for 2$ and it is worth 45$? crackle glass apple. antique.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...1&d=1327883766
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
selling stuff 013.jpg (88.5 KB, 38 views)
Old 01-29-2012, 04:39 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

swarsovski crystal mouse. got for 4$, worth @75 if i had the box.. i like it .

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...1&d=1327883892
Attached Images
selling stuff 015.jpg (121.4 KB, 38 views)
Old 01-29-2012, 04:43 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

rookwood teapot, sans lid, found by store, someone cashed in coins, discarded pot.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...1&d=1327884124
Attached Images
selling stuff 007.jpg (89.6 KB, 38 views)
Old 01-29-2012, 04:44 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Med: Jethro stays on my butt ENOUGH about stuff. So don't be adding your little tidbit to my aggravation on telling him to stay on me about my BP meds. I've been taking them for over a month now. Been trying to get them adjusted so they ONLY work on BP problem and not cause all these other problems.

I walked outside with Molly in tow around 4:00 this afternoon. And to my surprise! The backyard was covered in black birds. I yelled at them and they flew up into the tree tops. Didn't go any further. So I put Molly in her pen and went back inside for my Ruger. It was loaded with rat shot. That's okay. All I wanted to do was scare them off. Send them on down the road. So I picked a large tree out across the yard and fired a shot at the base of it. Well I got the results I was hoping for. They all flew up and headed to the field behind us. Then they came back. This went on for around seven rounds of shots. Finally they had enough and flew off. Mission accomplished.

Jethro went to my older sisters this afternoon. Hasn't made it home yet. He's picking up some nice floor boards that my sister's BF got out of a house he painted. It will make a nice floor for the laundry room. And it's all free wood. Can't ask for anything better.

My mom and dad bought the property they live on now back in 1998. It was really trashed up and had loads of broken glass all over it. The previous owner's son was an addict and would sit outside with his rifle/pistol and shoot at glass bottles/jars. They are still finding glass on the ground every time it rains. But! When they started the cleanup. There was this old shack on the property full of stuff. Mom found two saucers with matching cups. They are just beautiful. She also found a can of wheatback pennies someone had buried in the ground. My XH ended up with that. He's a coin collector and had done some work for my parents, so mom gave them to him. I have a glass baby bottle. One of the small ones. I also have a small glass vile/bottle.

Back when I first moved in here with Jethro. The spare bedroom was piled full of his XW's stuff. While packing it all up to take to the storage shed for her. I found a glass Pepsi bottle and a glass Dr pepper bottle. I started to keep them and then thought it wasn't right. So they went to the storage room only to be auctioned off two years later. Talk about a PACK RAT! She was all over that statement. It took us three truck loads to get all of her stuff out of here.

Her drug head daughter was using the other bedroom for herself, BF and their newborn baby. When we finally got them evicted out of here. They left a mess in that room and the closet was full of stuff. When I got to the bottom of the closet. I found evidence of mice being in there as well as red fire ants crawling around. So after I got it all cleaned out. We sprayed Permethrin all over the closet and bedroom. We got the mouse hole filled in too. She had told me one day they had woke up to the baby crying and she was covered in red fire ants. That's what drugs will do to ya. The baby is now around 6 or 7 years old.

And BTW: I just love Blue Bell Orange Sherbert. As well as Blue Bell Fudge Bars. Yum Yum!!!

Well it's 6:45 and Jethro still isn't home. I've already got the girls in their clean crates and the big crews pit cleaned up and they are locked up for the night. There are several good shows on tonight. So I'll be watching them for awhile.

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 01-29-2012, 05:35 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

(((tod)))what is on that you like? i am not a tv person. but watched Dr. Strangelove last night for the first time(I think)

(((Med)))the dutch oven was for sale at my store. they went 50% off and i bought my daughter one, for Christmas. it was red then after christmas, they went 90% off! I could not believe my luck that I got one for 8$. it worked great, but it is so heavy that i nearly pee myself when i pick it up-heehee

those things are stuff i am trying to sell on craigslist. i have some really neat things that i am keeping and will try to send some pics. i have these bowls, mexican deco on pottery. they are super old. really really old. i dont know how to find their worth. anyway.
love to the hen house. i miss all of you who haven't been here for a bit. you are part of this wonderful place. check in, please kelsey? windy san? 40theives?FT?TGIF?all hands on deck!;;love and hugs,
chicory
Old 01-29-2012, 06:07 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

(((TOD))) - I also believe (((Jay's))) response is that he's about as mama-bear with me (and others) as I am with him and I thought it was sweet

Okay, after income taxes come, I'm planning on going to thrift stores - mainly for clothes (stepmom has found ones that have NICE clothes) but would like to look at other stuff, but wouldn't know a deal if it hit me on the head, so guess I'll have to take my camera and send pictures of "is this junk or is it okay just because I like it".

Just had another blowup at the house, and I'm being totally honest. I dont' want crack or any kind of pill, but getting drunk? Yeah, I seriously want to do that. I'm sorry, but it's why I'm coming here.

Dad was supposed to have a trip. It ended up he just had to get the freight, come back home, and deliver it at some time. He asked me to do the 1099's for me and the 2 other guys he has paid to do jobs. Got the forms, told me they need carbons, but I don't see that there are enough for copies for all 3 of us?

He came home, took a nap, and asked what I did with the forms. - told him I hadn't done them, don't really understand HOW to do them..at is supposed to be carbon copied, what goes to who and didn't feel like I have enough forms. He couldn't figure it out either. Decided to do it online (which he's done the last 2 years), gave me his debit card and asked me to do it.

Okay, not a problem. He goes into the living room spills his milk that he hit with his elbow and went into a TIRADE about not having his own damned chair. His chair is broken because he so damned rough of them and slings his leg over the arm so the arm is falling apart. He has destroyed every recliner he's ever had - at least 4 or 5.

However, it's all OUR fault because he can't get a new chair because he's paying for cigarettes - I do buy my own, but haven' been able to give him any money for what I owe.

It got worse, he started with the G-D think and I snapped. I had tried to do the online way of doing 1099's but needed answers from him and he yelled "I don't know the GD answers! At first I left it all on the desk, said "I'm done, you're are not going to cuss ME out for trying to help" After more yelling, decided I would do it, answer questions to the best of my ability and if it gets him in trouble with the IRS - it's HIS fault.

Stepmom, when deflecting issues did mention that I'd stumbled over the arm chair once, the other night, so now it's MY fault that a chair that's been broken for a year, and all the other recliners he's broken the same way...it's my fault. Apparently, a friend is willing to give us a new one.

He cussed me out, one more time and I told him F you.. had my keys in my hand to leave, before realizing I don't have a car I told them I was staying home, I apologized to dad for being such a horrible daughter and that as soon as I could possibly get out of this house, I would, and he could find someone else to blame. I then went to my room, told them "my doors are LOCKED" and I do NOT want to be disturbed.

I can't even justify it with that he's tired...he's done nothing but nap and read on the computer all day - could have HAD the tax forms done.

I'm sorry..I really will be not stressed so much my head feels like it's going to explode, but this is 2 days in a row.

He did just come to my door (I didn't open it), said he had gotten it done and "I apologize". Nice, but that doesn't undo his rage-a-thon. At least he didn't raise his fist..guess he got the message the last time - physically threaten me, I will dial 911.

I've gotten one test done, accidentally put checked the wrong answers but still got an 80. Have another one I'm about to do if I can concentrate on it enough. Will forget about stores tomorrow, focus on school and find out what's going on in my car.

I'm pretty sure I could do my school work from ((TPA))'s house, but just really don't want to give up my job, as they are very dear friends and go way and above bosses.

I don't know what I'm going to do. At the least, I'm picturing my nice little yellow kitchen that will eventually be mine.

Thanks for putting up with yet another family crisis. This just sucks.

Love you all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-29-2012, 07:17 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

((Amy)) - I don't really have any words for you, but know someday soon, things will look up.

I have to learn this stupid program for my stats class called MiniTab. I swear its the worst program ever made. It came from hell. Not sure how well I'm going to do in this class...I spent two hours today trying to do this three page worksheet, which wouldn't have been that bad if I didn't have to use MiniTab!!! I could have done it all by hand way faster but I have to prove I used MiniTab by printing out the graphs and such... UGH. First stats quiz this friday, not looking forward to it.

Hi ((Med)). Wonder how your daughter is fairing in stats? I wonder if she has to learn MiniTab too...I don't think ((Amy)) does because it's an all online course, am I right Amy? I wish I was taking a science class this semester. I find those much more interesting than anything else.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:43 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  
Making A Difference

((Amy)) Next time you’re near a hotel or you and dad stay in one. Get you one of those don’t disturb / make up room signs for your door.

((Med)) I feel for you, your daughter is a perfectionist? My you have the patience of a saint dear. I’ve got quite a number of sayings I use. So here’s one that I feel will fit. “It’s hard to remember your objective is to drain the swamp when you’re up to your ass in alligators”. You’re trying to drain the swamp, (trying to keep your head about water)’. The alligators are things that are trying to keep you from making it. So just keep smiling, it confuses your enemies. Yes, you’re blessed that you have your family with you and to support you. I just wish my side of the family would work together as a family, but. I think hell would freeze over first. I guess you can by now guess I’m one of the black sheep of the family. My comment about that is SO What…. That doesn’t stop me from helping when you need it.

((Jay)) The bacon grease Tod is talking about is a very small amount, very small amount. Just for flavor only.

((Chicory)) Tod asked me the other day what state would I want to live in if we ever left AR. Tenn., Colorado or Wyoming. I love the mountains.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:58 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

(((Jay))) - grabbed my stats book and no mention of mini-tab - whew!!

Dad has gone, I'm calming down but still may not speak to him for a day or so. I will send a text, if he calls (won't answer) and tell him I love him, but not ready to talk to him. He should get it..saying "I'm sorry for many things (addiction is a whole 'nother thing)? He wanted to see action.

(((Jethro))) - I have a little money in the bank, but don't know how much the car is going to cost and couldn't exactly take stepmom's car to a motel! Trust me, the thought crossed my mind but really don't want to leave Elvis.

May just have to get used to the dank, musty basement and hope I don't die from the black mold or pneumonia. Thing is, there's no bed down there, just a ratty old couch.

Stepmom has gotten a lot accomplished, just came in here begging the dog to some stay with her...dog is not interested. Every now and then she only wants me.

I'm going to go to sleep soon. Please send good thoughts that I have enough money and my mechanic has enough time to get my car back to me soon.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-29-2012, 09:28 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Jay, she likes stats class, is making 100's so far. They use a free program called Statsdisc. She didn't think she would like it but she likes it and Spanish and hates organic chem and says her art teacher is insane about details.
Sorry you got a program like that, it's how I feel about ********** I hate it. Not fond of that or that spread sheet program.

Amy, I'm so sorry your family is not calm and peaceful. Mine drives me crazy too but it's a different kind of crazy, they get passive aggressive and make snide comments or you can't get anybody to move to go anywhere. Dynamite might be my friend.

Chicory, love the pics!!! One looks like delft china, I saw one like it at a thrift store love it love it. I love to read blogs about what people find in thrift stores. I'm pretty cheap when I go, I might get to go once a week but my max amount I can spend is 5 bucks. And I don't always spend that, if there's nothing I want to buy I don't buy.
One of my happy finds was a Haviland platter for less than 5 bucks. I don't want to bore everyone here with my gabbing on about stuff.

Jethro and TOD... there's a cute game over on a site called Orisinal that is a online game. You get to be a chicken that lays eggs and you detonate the eggs without hitting your newborn chicks. Thought of you guys when I was playing it. Jethro, you have to start telling me the cool stuff you find in your flea finds or thrift finds. I know the spring is a better time for finding stuff but yeah and please if you collect rusty old stuff I don't want to hear about it. I watch that Picker show and those two guys never pick anything fun or cool it's always half rotten rusty motorcycle parts or signs. lol
Old 01-29-2012, 09:31 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

what got deleted was that awful word p_o_w_e_r_p_o_i_n_t
Old 01-29-2012, 10:13 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

(((Med))) - you can spell it power_point I think, of just separate the words

Okay, after another argument, this time with stepmom I am done with both of them. Though I did apologize to her, after I found out that dad is just fine with her going to see her sister in MD (after bitching about it, to me, for weeks and saying she wouldn't be allowed back), I've decided that when either talks about the other? I'm telling them - I don't want to get into this - talk to her/him.

I admit, I'm jealous. I don't get to go spend weeks and months with family. Hell, I can't even go for a weekend, and dad hasn't been on vacation since 1975. She says it won't be until March, whatever. She also wants the brat's other grandparents to pay for car insurance so IF she decides to get her GED, stepmom won't have to drive her down there and back (oh, the horror!!! - insert sarcasm) and dad won't even consider insurance unless she GETS the GED.

I was told I was pure evil before things calmed down. SOoo, she swears she will keeping working on the house..and she will..until she runs out of vikes again.

Regardless, I'm going to sleep. Codie **** is what spurred me INTO addiction and I can't let it take me back there. Depending on how much the car costs, if I have the money, I'm going to a motel for the night. Elvis will be fine for one night, I'll just make sure it has wi-fi so I can get on here.

It's not very often I totally break down into a mental case, but I have done it. I swore today was going to be a better day, am praying tomorrow is.

So very grateful for all of you. If I didn't get this OUT of my head, dad would have to e-mail ((TOD and Jethro)) that I've been committed to the loony bin

I didn't answer the phone when dad called, he called stepmom (I knew he would) and my very sick aunt is "holding her own" but that's no different than what aunt M told me last night.

Oh, and get this..sm told me "you got to go to Ca and have a good time!" Um, I went to bury my 43-year-old cousin? Yeah, that's a lot of "fun". They are sick people, I'm building a bouble around me, trying really hard to find my hula hoop, but no one is going to bring me down for long.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-30-2012, 12:28 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  
Making A Difference

((Amy)) Hang in there dear, you know we love you. Get your studies done. Keep doing good. I’m not taking up for your dad but he could be under a boatload of stress. This time you just happened to be an outlet of that stress. Don’t know if he’s got someone to talk to. You know he’s under pressure and worried about a lot of things. Hell I’m concerned about things around here too. But I can talk to Tod about it and I have other friends and family. The thing that’s coming to my mind right now to tell you is Use your head before you say something you’ll regret. Ok caution engage brain before starting mouth! We know you’re getting maxed out so relax.

((Med)) I have found a 6000 watt industrial/contractor generator and Crossman AR bb/pellet gun in the dump. Cleaned the gen carb and replaced a breaker and air filter assy(20.00). Runs good. Crossman didn’t make a whole bunch of those. It was a full metal barrel not the plastic ones in the stores. Cleaned it up a little. Found a playpen, metal pet crate both in the dump. There’s all kinds of things I’ve gotten from the dump. Tod said she was going to have to top letting me go to the dump. Every time I went I came back with something. Spring clean up’s are good hunting time. Apartments at the end of the month. Backs of shopping centers.
I even got a stacked washer/ dryer. I haven’t looked at it yet. It looks to be in good shape. If it would cost too much to fix it, if it needs fixing, I still have scrap value.
We watch the Picker show too. I currently have an 80 model Chrysler LeBarron with less than 60,000 actual miles on it. I’ve driven it about 10,000 miles. TOD doesn’t go to yard / garage sales.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:47 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

(((AMY))) Breathe, breathe, breathe.
Ok, you know a lot about codie behavior. You know what is going on here,on the surface. there are probably many reasons why dad is being hard to deal with. He has a wife who is addicted to pills and cant do much of anything, he cant expect her to help-period. he cant even admit that, it seems. so that must be a real frustration and worry. imagine what she must talk about all the time to him. now that he sees how much she is abusing pills(probably had a good idea already, but head in sand), it is going to stand out in his mind-another worry. at his age, this is crap to have to deal with. then the brat when she is there adds to it. you are the only one there who can actually help out in any way. that puts pressure on you, i would imagine. not fair.

you know how to do the right things, in codie land, but it is hard, when others draw you into the fire. DO NOT let them pull you in, if you can help it. are you going to any meetings, or even online meetings? that might help you, a refresher course, if you will, in codie survival 101.

a toxic home i s made so much worse by financial problems, in my experience. You might be trying to make sense of things, defend yourself, etc, and it wont work. you cannot change them, amy. they are in a messy stew and you cant fix that. you have to pull yourself up out of the stew pot. focus on you, the kitties, getting your car fixed, etc. it is good to help your dad, since you are living there and he helps you. but maybe you need to get the heck out of there, if you cant avoid confrontations, or accusations, or ignore when they push your buttons.

seems to be a good time to refocus, and work hard on school, which you are. cause it will be hard to study all upset. i know that these things seem to blow over, but it is hard on you. but drinking or using, welll, that would only be a waste of a beautiful persons life. Yours. come here and vent all you want. but remember, you cant change them,or make them think straight. they cant when they dont even know what they are doing wrong. and they know something is wrong, just no one can settle down , step mom is keeping things pretty fouled up.

why get jealous if she goes somewhere? she does not help matters much being there. if you could just get done with school, and live in relative peace while she is gone. well, seems you would be the one on vacation! time is gonna help things here as long as you stay well and focused and have peace. she may never be well. she is not helping matters at all. let her go. help her pack. give her a nice sendoff. then you can get some peace. she can too. and dad wil probably heal a bit, with his nerves.

to be continued.
love
chicory
Old 01-30-2012, 03:55 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Originally Posted by chicory View Post
(((TB)))that was sweet! did your mama have an accent like that?
Absolutely, mama also speaks Spanish fluently. Papa insisted she speaks Spanish around us since that is his native language. These days I can’t understand a word mama says until she puts in her false teeth in. Hehehe.

i love italian mama's. moonstruck was a movie that i really enjoyed. you seen it?
When the moon hits your eye like a bigga pizza pie...That's Amore.

There’s a very popular scene in the movie “Moonstruck” where Nicolas Cage using puppy dog eyes professes his love to Cher who happens to be engaged to his brother. I never stop laughing when Cher slaps him across the face and says, “Snap out of it!”

My tom is a sweetie. solly, the black one, is skittish, but gentle . his eyes are golden, with his coat black with sable shimmers in the light.
i love my little furcrew.
Your furbabies are absolutely beautiful. Love the baby kitty picture. I have one of Q I’ll put it on later. My furbabies are my angels. I would be lost with out him, they are right there when I walk in the door, they sleep beside me at night, they are both spoiled rotten. I sign there name on my cards for christmas birthday etc...... My family and coworkers buys them gifts at christmas lol....They has every cat toy made lol.....I have pictures of them throughout my office...That unconditional love they give can pull you out of the deepest depression! It's like a miracle drug! Love your pet with all your heart for as long as you can...you know your pet will do the same for you!

TB
Old 01-30-2012, 04:30 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Originally Posted by chicory View Post
Oh,oh, oh, okra! one of my very favorite dishes! fried in corn meal? using bacon grease to fry it in.
Love okra made in bacon grease. Also love collard greens made with fatback serve with vinegar and corn bread.(Yummy) now I’m frggin hungry

TB