Notices

Life changing experiance

Old 05-19-2012, 11:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Life changing experiance

On tuesday may 16 2012 I saw Roger Waters perform The Wall from the 10th row @ the US Airways center of Phoenix Arizona. At this time I had 26 days clean from a hopeless heroin/oxycodne addiction. I was able to stay clean through the show. I laughed, I cried, I song along as if I was on stage, and felt like I was a 15 year old kid sitting in my room w/my headphones on (blockin out the world.) This was the second album I ever purchased and although not pink floyds best work, iy has always been very special to me.

The work itself is about the life of Roger Waters the bassist/songwriter/brain behind the Band Pink Floyd. The major themes of the show are the sense of loss he felt as a child, and the alienation and isolation which comes with being a pop star. As a trouble teen turning into a full blown drug addict I was able to relate well to isolation, I like most teens felt the world just didnt understand. My escape was drugs and music, and I used them both as much as I could. While listening to the wall I can vividly remember how I thought to see this done live would be just incredible, but could never happen. The band had long broken up, and famously hated each other.

I have seen Pink Floyd with out Roger on three times. Even though the music was great, (David Gilmore and Richard Right are incredible artists) it was just not complete to see them with out, in my opinion; the bands greatest member Roger Waters.

To be able to see Roger and this show was a dream come true, to see it sober was a miracle. I can honestly say that this show changed my life for the better. It made me realize that I no longer need to use drugs to enjoy life. Being the music fan that I am I have had many spiritual moments at concerts, but none can compare to the feeling that this show and my new found freedom and way of life has changed me.

TEAR DOWN THE WALL!!!!

Just wanted to share that with you all, and I hope everyone has a chance to feel the way I do right now.

HD
Old 05-19-2012, 12:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

Pink Floyd is amazing...music adds so much to our lives.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've discovered that during recovery from opiates... We tend to get VERY emotional. Personally, I believe this is a good sign that your brain is beginning to repair itself.
Think about it. You've been high so long, do you remember when you felt real emotions other than just being high or the paranoia/feinding when you ran low?