Notices

Post Acute Withdrawal

Old 11-30-2011, 12:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post Acute Withdrawal

Hi all,
I'm a ten-year opiate addict who stopped Vicodin habits in mid Sep this year via Subutex.
I'm weening down off of Sub and seriously have no interest in ever starting up again with Hydros.
That said, I'm dealing with what I suspect may be PAWS (at least according to the Sub doc), which has been hitting me hard, on and off since switching to Sub.

Right now I'm dealing with a horrendous bout of raging nerves, discomfort, unclear thinking, anxiety and irritability. It's the worst it's been since stopping hydros three months back. The bouts are successively getting worse and of longer duration as well.

I have just started with my first dose of hydroxyzine pamoate, which hasn't done much but make me a bit sleepy.

Is there anyone here with experience w anything similar? Is it PAWS at all or am I simply losing my mind.

Any insight or help appreciated. :-)
Old 11-30-2011, 02:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi trouts
Welcome

I don't think anyone here can diagnose you, but I found this link was really helpful for me (I'm an alcoholic who suffered from PAWs intermittently in my first year)

PAWS « Digital Dharma

D
Old 11-30-2011, 02:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you. I just left a message there as well!
Old 12-01-2011, 09:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Day two of the Vistaril. The grogginess rivals that of acute opiate detox for me. It has curbed the nerves ever so slightly though.
I'm hoping it's one of those things that "builds up" in regard to effectiveness - because I'm definitely hanging over the edge - on my 4th straight day.
This damn cold isn't helping either..