Notices

Synthetic THC/Spice withdrawals

Old 09-05-2013, 03:59 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

I guess I cannot edit, I won't bump again unless someone asks a question or need support. I had 2 really bad days (3 if you count my event day). I took a couple of benadryls and got a couple of hours sleep. I think I'm burning through this faster than others, perhaps the 10 hours of sobriety I faced each work day may have limited it, that I work out regularly, or maybe all the concerns about renal failure caused me to dose antioxidants and water but I think I'm doing pretty good compared to other stories. Hey, I could definitely work tomorrow but they were doing work on the roof and we could not work in case something drops when they're craning it up so I saw an opportunity.

I went by my mom's and she freaked at my appearance. She thought I'd lost 20 pounds but it was actually 7. I got really sick and lost a lot of weight and the girls started being really friendly. It's sad how being ill seems to have some attraction, but losing a bunch of weight when you work out a lot you get cut.

EDIT: I have a pretty fast metabolism, I know I would always beat the half life figures on drug tests when I was smoking pot. I think this event may be the wake up call cause I sure don't want to get high now. I'll flush the stuff after work Saturday, I was just worried I would need to do some so I could work. Glad that's not going to be necessary but, hey, hot flash (it's not over yet just far more bearable). Wally world did not have the phenylbutt, in a way I'm relieved since it's addictive and I can sleep a couple of hours here and there. Maybe 7 hours in the last 3 days. I just lay in bed and read until I can nod off for a few. Definitely still dominating my life, but seems better than others have reported.

Jon is definitely one of the dragons, now that I'm rereading the series. Ghost was a very blatant clue, and I suspect the dog will play a big role (or at least he was intended to play a big role). This is only like the 3rd non-technical book I've read more than once, the other 2 are Dr Zhivago and A Tale of Two Cities because I was too young when I read them the 11st time and I did not understand. My one friend thinks that GRRM is so upset that people have figured out a lot of the plot.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:26 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Spice withdrawal sucks!!

I am now on day 2 and feel like death would be a great alternative. I am suffering with vomiting, nausea, chills, sweats, insomnia and severe depression. I did go to the doctor before quitting to see what I could get to help and he was clueless. There isn't much out there for doctors in the way of treatment for patients. Like so many others I thought this was a great alternative to THC. About 6 months ago I quit and about 2 months ago I was stressed and thought I will do it just once. Like that ever works. I was up to 5g a day, laying out of work and lying to my family and friends. I am a business professional that makes a 6 figure salary and came very close to losing my job. I am taking Benadryl to sleep, drinking ensure and doing my best to get through this.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:29 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

About to try my hand at quitting

I am an ex heroin user who has been clean from that drug and most others for the last 9 years. My wife and I tried the spice stuff when it got real big here in Louisiana about 4 years ago. We have smoked it off and on since we started using it with no real issues. Well, this has been a tough year. Our house got broke into, my step daughter who is 17 got pregnant, my grandpa died, just a lot over the last three months. We started smoking everyday for the last three months. This stuff is powerful. Once they passed laws here in Louisiana the chemists changed the chemical compounds. This stuff is way stronger. We smoke about a gram a day each. I have been reading up on the withdrawal symptoms as smoking this everyday is really starting to wear on me. There is more to life than this and I love my wife more than this. Im getting concerned because I am having some of these symptoms just for the 8 hours im at work, just the anxiety and sweaty palms. Im terrified to start the detox because I have to go to work everyday and function. The new blends in Louisiana are extreme kush, dynamite, dynamite extreme and sapphire. Anyone else had experiences with quitting these? Am I not smoking enough at a gram a day for severe withdrawals?
Old 03-20-2014, 04:01 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

thank you for the heads up looks like I got a bit over a week of hell but looking forward to it
Old 04-28-2014, 04:39 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

JerryB--

I just wanted to give my $0.02...you are probably not going to get out of it clean. There Is No Such Thing As A Free Lunch, or TINSTAAFL. I thought Spice *was* a free lunch, more or less. Or more to the point, I thought the price was a lot cheaper, but when the bill came it was MUCH more than I thought.

The first time I tried Spice, I only did it on the odd weekend, or maybe a few times a week. When I stopped doing it after a year of very irregular use, I don't *remember* any withdrawal symptoms, but they could've been there, probably mild in form, and I just assumed they were something else. Like a bout of mild depression or the like.

This time around, though, I was using Spice pretty regularly. Daily, except for days I couldn't. I got a different "brand" one time and it sent me on a crazy trip that lasted a long long time. That trip dovetailed with the withdrawal of the Spice. Lasted about three full days. It's been a week now and I feel MUCH better. My heartbeat has moments of racing very fast, and I have some spells of dizziness and balance. Hopefully they will all fade in time.

So my point, JerryB, is that you'll have to pay the piper eventually. Maybe you can prepare by phasing out your Spice smoking? Cut your usage in half, then in half again? I don't know, maybe that just lengthens the withdrawals, but maybe it's not so bad. For what it's worth, I continued to work while going through withdrawals but it wasn't fun! I would force lunch down my throat and 30 minutes later would really struggle not to sleep/pass out.

I think the worst part of withdrawal was the mental aspect of it. I lost my imagination, my sense of wonder, my sense of humor, my daydreaming...I was rather zombie-like. ALL I could think about was Spice--not using it, my cravings were gone at that point, but just how much I had ****** up. I felt like I'd be braindead like that forever, that I'd never get my life back, how I ****** up, etc etc. After a while I realized the withdrawals were as much mental as they were physical, and I was able to cope a lot better.

It DOES get better, though it may not feel like it when you're at the peak of the withdrawal. After three full days of feeling like dogshit, I woke up on the 4th day and felt SO much better. I had peaked and it was all downhill from there. And I'm taking this experience and doing something with it. One side effect of the Spice is that it suppresses your appetite, so I had actually started eating really healthy--lots of veggies, and I cut out a lot of sugar and fat. Now that I'm clean of the Spice, I'm keeping up with that diet. Going through all this makes me realize just how important it is to keep your body healthy and hard, and that's just what I intend to do.

Good luck to you, JerryB, and keep us posted on your progress!
Old 05-05-2014, 06:32 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

When the stuff has to list on the back that it doesn't have a certain isotope of a chemical for legal purposes yet it had another isotope of the same chemical which is the active ingredient it can't be healthy for you.. I started smoking spice a long time ago when a friend packed a bowl ( I assumed it was marijuana) After smoking, he laughs at me and goes, "that was spice lol..." I didn't have red eyes, I wasn't tired, and I felt good. That was where my addiction to that started... I poked onies every 20 minutes when I was a delivery driver, and there were nights where I would get home from work and not even realize how long I just worked and what even happened during the evening... I paid way too much for it, and then it became illegal all together and I just figured that it wasn't worthwhile to get caught with spice when pot was just as illegal and I went back to it.... However, long story short, I think that spice has some strong chemicals in it that definitely have some side effects to long term use. Not sure what a doctor would do about it, but he might be able to advise you on how to feel a little better coming off it.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:19 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

More than just the product

I don't want to scare anyone, but surely others have considered this. At the risk of sounding crazy I want to first point out that humans only see in this visible light spectrum. There are things happening outside this spectrum we can't see, but it doesn't make them any less real. Agreed? After smoking for the better part of four years, I have come to understand that there are entities attached to the product. I think it opens one up to possession/influence. The anxiety is the entity vibrating the lower two chakras (stomach and crotch area, mostly the stomach), by which it attaches itself to one's "energy body." The first time I smoked I felt the energy stream of a separate being coming into my space, think/speaking in its own language that I understood as "downloading." I felt it settle in. It was terrifying and in retrospect, absolutely real. After almost four years of living hell, I'm convinced this drive I have to smoke all day and night is not my own, especially at night. I think the withdrawals are a physical manifestation of a very real spiritual/energy battle. The departure is violent and not permanent. These things experience this reality through us, through the high. You can see how they would be driven. The chemicals in the product change our vibrational frequency to resonate to the low-vibrational energy of these beings, so they can attach. They then feed off the low-vibrational energy created by compulsion, fear, anger and everything negative associated with using. This is not that far-fetched, folks. Quantum mechanics can explain much of it. I believe the solution is awareness, forgiveness and prayer. Realistically, these things cannot withstand the energy of our beings, once aware and resolved to rid ourselves of them. We do the hard part by going through withdrawals, the rest of the battle belongs to God. Those still suffering from anxiety and fear are still being manipulated. These things hang around even after detox, trying to get the user to use. It is still resonating to the personal, identifying, individual vibrational frequency of the host's energy body - it cannot stay attached otherwise - so, if a person were to raise his or her own vibrational frequency (prayer, love, laughter, forgiveness) the entity must detach since it will then no longer resonate to that same frequency. And plus, God can command it to leave. Very simple ... and yes, insane. But this is not a sane situation we find ourselves in. We need to know what we're dealing with here if we want to be free of this bondage/slavery. My hopes are that what I'm saying will resonate truth for others and thus a solution.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:26 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

A few weeks ago I had some teeth extracted. I decided beforehand that I would use the opportunity to quit. My mother was already going to be here to take care of me, so I would just let her think I had the flu or something. But about ten hours into the hard-core withdrawals she was already too concerned, calling the dentist with questions. By day three she would have hauled me into the ER. During a brief reprieve I told her I felt better and had to go on an errand. Relief was immediate upon use. I am extremely high-functioning and although there are concerns over my weight, nobody knows what's really been going on. I am making a second attempt this next weekend. I have enlisted the help of someone who shares my view and is willing to see me through this. I am an alcoholic, the kind that ends up in the hospital with alcohol-related pancreatitis. I haven't had a drink in over eight years. This demon puts that one in the shade. I'm skeletal and malnourished, my appetite further being compromised since I have strengthened my resolve. I haven't had a full night's rest in almost four years. I wake up in the bathroom, smoking. My lungs are so polluted I have to take benadryl all day so I don't cough at work. I have found a way to smoke indoors without leaving smoke behind, I have a "crack thumb" from the lighter; it doesn't get any worse. My concern is surviving unscathed the detox without eating. I will be force feeding high-protein foods all week to prepare, but there's no way I can gain enough weight in time. I am still in the probationary period of a new job and am not yet on insurance, so this must be done at home. My caretaker will be juicing fresh vegetables and when the thirst comes I'll slam the juice instead of water. It'll come up with a vengeance but not before I've had the opportunity to absorb some nutrition. By the tenth hour of my first detox the diarrhea had not set in. Juice enemas are also an option. I just have to survive. I'm rail thin but I have a strong heart. No one can know until I'm safely on the other side. I have so promised to help others in gratitude. Love to all!!
Old 07-15-2014, 05:28 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

My mistake, this is day four. Got ahead of myself.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:57 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
FT

Influenced,

I am sorry no one has answered you yet. Spice is definitely out there and a problem right now, and you deserve congratulations on quitting and getting clean from that crap.

I do not have any experience with Spice, but I do have some experience with addiction. Your first post worried me, when you said:

"There are things happening outside this spectrum we can't see, but it doesn't make them any less real. Agreed? After smoking for the better part of four years, I have come to understand that there are entities attached to the product. I think it opens one up to possession/influence. The anxiety is the entity vibrating the lower two chakras (stomach and crotch area, mostly the stomach), by which it attaches itself to one's "energy body."
I do understand that Spice causes mental delusions, and I'm here to tell you that a chemical such as Spice can cause you to have hallucinations that you will have trouble distinguishing from reality.

I won't try to convince you that the "entities" aren't real -- they are real enough to you. Whether they are real or not does not matter. If you quit Spice, they will leave. If they don't leave, you may have suffered some brain damage from the Spice. Spice has caused a number of deaths across the country, but I'm not sure of the mechanism.

Because you have experienced delusions, I think it is especially important for you to seek some medical help. Even if you really believe the entities are real, you need to make sure you haven't suffered some physical OR mental damage from the Spice.

If you do not know where to go, find the Crisis Line in your community. Every community has one, and they have a list of who to call.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:10 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

I wasn't hallucinating nor was I delusional. I was theorizing, and I'm not the first. Thank you, though.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:45 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
FT

Okay, if you say so.

The reason no one is answering you is this thread is over a year old. Userx posted here in May of 2013.

I still think you need to see a doctor, if nothing else for your physical ailments.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
FT

Influenced,

How you doing on quitting?