Notices

Synthetic THC/Spice withdrawals

Old 05-13-2013, 06:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I too have a spice problem. It's crazy how easily I can justify using. I'm not yet clean but I know it's necessary. I quit before around November and I do know what you were going through with the withdrawals. Even though I'm currently using I've actually gone without for a couple days so I'm going through this **** again.

-Cold sweats
-Can't sleep
-Won't eat
-Mood Swings

Typically I've found that the withdrawals only last around 72 hours but the urge to smoke never goes away.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:49 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Pretty much, that urge wont go away until you learn to ignore. basically your mind tries to justify what it's doing. something along the lines of 'you've gone a few days without smoking, proven to have self control, whats the harm of a few hits tonight?'

Your mind is pretty good at fooling you like this, that need is there, but its disguised, you don't really notice until you full on quit for more than 3 days.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:35 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks for the replies.. much appreciated.
i am completely off spices since yesterday but have gone back to the organic for today
(smoke MUCH MUCH less.. as it's super duper expensive here.. and this chemical has spread so much in recent weeks that organic is almost impossible to find :/)
started multi vitamines and vit c today.
Im only approx 60 hours off..
do all the insomnia related symptoms disappear? that is my main prob, since i need to go to work...

. to be honest.. having read all these things and having suffered that much only on the first night.. i kinda feel disgusted to even take another hit of that stuff :/ thanks for that (or too early to say? :p)
Old 05-13-2013, 03:15 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Im working thirds now so insomnia's a givin for me.. i cant tell if its the strange overnight hours, or having quit spice thats making me so tired. regardless, bite the bullet and wait it out, you wont suffer insomnia for long. trust me. try yogi sleeptime tea, it's good stuff and will get you to sleep.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:43 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

i managed to have a good sleep last night ! with very light cold sweats.. bearable ones ..

Apetite: still nothing tho :/ eaten very little
I am having these cold sweats more frequently..
thanks again for these supportive comments
Old 05-16-2013, 01:38 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

@ Badwolf & userX. Oh my Gosh guys im doing it!!! Its been 1 full week today..if I can do it anyone can do it!! Let me tell you its NO walk in the park, which im sure your aware of. Its time you get tuff with yourself! You NEED a support system.. u need to get AWAY from anyone smoking it.. u need to throw away all pipes etc. & im not sure about ur guys religon views but some down on your knees praying probably wouldnt hurt. Badwolf-Im routing for you..you can do this dont be too mad urself this **** is no joke it messes with ur head big time! UserX- the hardest part for me was getting through the sleepless nights! Try some benadryl..i know sounds silly but it helped me ( remember ur body is craving for something so u dont want to give it something else hardcore or ur body will just crave that as well) While smoking spice I was up every 2 hrs craving a hit but that will subside by the 3rd night..i promise! U may not be getting ur full 8 hrs of sleep but trust me ur going to start feeling more rested. Another huge obstical is the eating thing..i had no appetite once so ever ( ive lost nearly 10lbs in a week) I felt like I actually forgot how to swallow or something its like the food would with just dry up in my mouth as soon as it hit my tounge. You need to take a day at a time..At least try to get a ensure down u need something in ur belly..so the first few days thats pretty much what i lived off then I gradually would try eating a lil here & there remember ur stomach has probably shrunk way down so dont over do it. Im still no where whatvi was eating a couple weeks ago but that might be for the best. (spice madee pig out) The final thing that is actually still a struggle is waking up every morning feeling sick to my stomach..what I do is instantly get in the shower or start the bath & just soak or let it run on u untill u start feeling better. Now another thing that could of been a big boost is after breaking down to my mom tuesday night..she took me to the hospital wed. Morning where they pumped 2 bags of fluid through me..I feel like it really got things flowing & then they subscribed me a nausea pill & its really helped! After I go through my lil episode in the morning the rest of the day is down hill Im energized at work im happy to be there people even complenent me on how great I look lately! My mind has slowed down to 1 thought at a time & I dont feel dumb anymore.. I feel alive!! My taste buds are alive its amazing! I can sleep through the night with out taking anything now & I didnt have to take my nausea pill this morning..all these horrible crazy thougts are gone thank god ( I actually started believing I was evil) You guys got this!!! ill be ur supporters Im serious..i wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy! One thing I know is I will NEVER start again because I dont ever want to quit again!!

Last edited by Dee74; 06-15-2013 at 09:09 PM. Reason: removed email address
Old 05-16-2013, 01:40 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Oh & my chills, sweats & actually throwing up is all gone..1 week clean
Old 05-16-2013, 01:52 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

And if u can at least get an ensure down in the morning then take a b12 too..helps with energy! Routing for you guys!!
Old 05-16-2013, 12:59 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

heyyy Brit05 ! thanks a lot !!!
".i had no appetite once so ever ( ive lost nearly 10lbs in a week) I felt like I actually forgot how to swallow or something its like the food would with just dry up in my mouth as soon as it hit my tounge. "
THAT'S EXACTLY THE SAME FOR ME !!! my apetite is slowly starting to grow back.. it's getting better.. i feel alive and managed to have managed 2 great consecutive sleep nights.

-- i'm 4-5days sober :P
Old 05-16-2013, 01:04 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

The digestive system has loads of cannabinoid receptors (explains the munchies). Any cannabinoid use will throw this system out of whack. Your body stopped producing the hormones that make you hungry because spice was doing it for you. It will come back with time. Time is key.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:20 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Been good all week, no problems yet. Tomorrows friday, and payday though.. I've yet to make it through a weekend.. hoping I can pull through and keep myself busy. The need to smoke is gone, but the desire to is very much there =(
Old 05-16-2013, 02:29 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

by the way great post brit, very helpful glad its going well and fantastic job on your first week
Old 05-16-2013, 06:01 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

UserX sounds like ur doing great! Keep up the good work..uve made it through the hardest part!! Badwolf sounds like u r definitely on the right track too!! Stay positive try to remind urself do u really want to go through this again?? If your around people that are doing it..take urself out of that suitation! Its very important to throw all pipes or anything that reminds u of spice away. I was at the point where I had no spice but I knew there was a pipe under my bed & if I really wanted to I could scrape some resin & get high..I would be laying there trying to go to sleep & it was lije the pipe was under ny bed saying hey remember me just take 1 hit. Thats when I got tuff pulled the pipe out and took it straight to the trashcan. Do you guys have anyone you can tell that does not smoke spice..a family member or something? My moms the only 1 I told..shes been my biggest supporter through this & I dont know if I could of done it with out her I strongly encourage u to find at least 1 person you can trust & tell..someone not on spice!
Old 05-16-2013, 06:06 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

& keeping urslef busy is key! A lot of time I actually feel better at work because I think my mind is constanly busy not giving my self time to even think about spice. CHARLIENOOGAN- That makes so much sense & thank you for that prayer AMEN!♥
Old 05-20-2013, 04:02 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Way to go Brit! I finally gotten off the **** too. It's been exactly one week since my last use and it's hard but reading your story gives me some more hope.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:50 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Almost 2 weeks now =) cravings are gone, withdrawals gone... finally free
Old 05-22-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I know the feeling Sometimes I occasionally have a craving but I just take my mind off it.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:09 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I started smoking spice 5 months ago because I got on probation me and my boyfriend smoked 10-15 grams a day and this is nothing like weed. Me and my boyfriend are now addicted and can't stop.he won't stop but I have to, I'm on day 4 and it is hell. When they banned it, again, and made a new blend we were both having withdrawls. We would do whatever we could to feel "normal" again, smoked all the roaches we had, scraped the pipe, and we just felt normal, not even high anymore. When the new blend came out we got some, smoked it for about a week and would get high.I guess its the new blend I would get sick when I didn't have and when I did smoke it. I can't hold anything down at all, PLEASE IF YOU ARE DOING RESEARCH ON THIS PRODUCT DO NOT SMOKE IT! LISTEN TO ALL OF THESE COMMENTS SPICE IS A DRUG SOLD IN STORES AND THE GOVERNMENT KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING EVERYBODY KNOWS SPICE ISN'T USED FOR SMELL, IT'S FOR PEOPLE WHO NEED TO PASS DRUG TESTS AND LIKE WEED, THIS IS NOT AN ALTERNATIVE TO GETTING HIGH AND YOU WILL BECOME ADDICTED !
with that said, can anyone help on on what to eat ir drink, anything that I can keep on my stomach?
Old 06-04-2013, 06:18 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I just want to die!! I have a drug test on the 7th and I have weed in my system because when I passed my last drug test I was going to try to smoke weed to get me off the spice because I felt myself becoming addicted, the problem was I didn't even get high off weed anymore I went to the hospital on the 1st because I didn't think it was the spice because my boyfriend wasn't getting sick like I was.the doctor wouldn't even talk to me after he found out I had weed in my system, he said my white blood cells were low and have me nothing for the vomiting even though I threw up twice while he was in the room. My friend gave me some phenergan to help with the vomit, the only problem is you have to have something on your stomach to take it or you will throw that up also. I just ready to be done with this (((((
Old 06-04-2013, 07:13 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I started smoking spice 5 months ago because I got on probation me and my boyfriend smoked 10-15 grams a day and this is nothing like weed. Me and my boyfriend are now addicted and can't stop.he won't stop but I have to, I'm on day 4 and it is hell. When they banned it, again, and made a new blend we were both having withdrawls. We would do whatever we could to feel "normal" again, smoked all the roaches we had, scraped the pipe, and we just felt normal, not even high anymore. When the new blend came out we got some, smoked it for about a week and would get high.I guess its the new blend I would get sick when I didn't have and when I did smoke it. I can't hold anything down at all, PLEASE IF YOU ARE DOING RESEARCH ON THIS PRODUCT DO NOT SMOKE IT! LISTEN TO ALL OF THESE COMMENTS SPICE IS A DRUG SOLD IN STORES AND THE GOVERNMENT KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING EVERYBODY KNOWS SPICE ISN'T USED FOR SMELL, IT'S FOR PEOPLE WHO NEED TO PASS DRUG TESTS AND LIKE WEED, THIS IS NOT AN ALTERNATIVE TO GETTING HIGH AND YOU WILL BECOME ADDICTED !
with that said, can anyone help on on what to eat ir drink, anything that I can keep on my stomach?