Notices

What should I do? (need help)

Old 11-08-2011, 08:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What should I do? (need help)

I had a lapse yesterday.
I'm 17 years old, I was prescribed klonopin for a couple years then started
trading them for other drugs, and my life went downhill pretty quickly.

I was sent to a treatment center in january of this year. I did really well there, and my mom allowed me to come home on the condition that it was 100% sobriety while I lived with her. I came home two weeks ago, and I smoked pot yesterday.

I didnt think it was the worst thing, but I realized that I made a mistake and that I needed to take accountability.I told my mom, she flipped out and now wants to sent me back to an RTC and when my mom gets on a one track mindset, there is no convincing her otherwise.

I dont know what to do, I really dont want to spend my final year as a minor in treatment. That will mean a year and 10 months in treatment, thats a long ass time. Treatment is really stressful, bad food, little sleep, etc.
I know this sounds immature but part of me wants to run away.
I thought about ending my life, but that seems a little dramatic.
I dont know what to do, I really dont want to go back to utah.... any advice would be great.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi otherside - welcome

I guess I'd talk to your mom - explain you feel the centre wasn't that good, explain your reluctance and maybe she'll cut you a break and compromise?

It might work

You did break the bargain tho - sometimes being an adult is about taking the consequences of bad decisions, y'know?

Hope you two can reach some middle point
D
Old 11-09-2011, 05:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Accountability, I have been dealing with this my whole life. I am famous for making promises that there is no intention of keeping, it's as if " yes " just flys out of my mouth and trust me it causes nothing but problems. I feel your delema and know exactly where your coming from, but think about the other side of it. At some point you have to have your word mean something. I would sit and talk to your mom about this as an adult and leave all the dramatic stuff out. If you really feel that way then get help. That would being accountable to yourself. Talk to her and explain your thoughts and really listen to what she has to say. Let her know that you feel her pain and maybe you to can work something out. At the end of the day were the only one accountable for our actions and promises. Wish you the best no matter what happens.