Notices

foggy brain

Old 06-25-2011, 03:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

foggy brain

I know it's normal to get a foggy brain when you quit opiates but did anybody else get it really bad? How long before you came out of the fog? Was anybody else forgetful? Anybody else's muscles feel fatigued? It's been a month since I've done anything and 2 months since I've done a perc and I still feel like a bag of poop!
Old 06-25-2011, 03:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
TheMostSordidSpotOnEarth

Yes, I definitely identify.

Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome was the only thing that really defined it for me. Memory issues, cognitive impairments, lethargy and sleep disturbances came after getting clean/sober. The link to follow has been remarkably accurate on my journey. For the most part with, 2 years clean, I'm in a very different place than when I started -- so much better. I think it's worth noting that the site emphasizes that total abstinence (recommended via a program of recovery) is essential.

Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome:

PAWS « Digital Dharma
Old 06-26-2011, 12:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks!
Old 06-29-2011, 09:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

HI John,

Yes to your question on the foggy brain, it has been that way for me also. I would like to say everything is perfect for me, but it is not. I feel about like you do, as i mentioned in my other post to you. You hang in there guy,we are all searching for the normalcy again, it will come.