Notices

Why did I do this?!

Old 11-22-2010, 12:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Why did I do this?!

Hi, first post in this forum, but I did something stupid tonight. I'm coming off of a 10-12 10/325mg pill per day oxycodone addiction and 2 60mg morphine extended release as well. We have been trying to taper, and it has been hard. I've cut down to 1 every 6 hours. I was very proud of myself.

My husband gave me my one pill at 3:00pm. He fell asleep at around 5pm, and is still asleep at 2:32am. At 1:00am I woke up with withdrawal, and I knew he was keeping the pills right next to him. I couldn't stand the stomach cramps and the cold/hot flashes any more. I went over and picked up the bottle and grabbed one, but then my stupid mind said two more won't hurt, and I took 3. Now, I am sitting here crying because I feel so bad!!!! Thanks for listening, and I will keep you all updated.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Progressive Metal Vocalist

K-
Never too late to get back on the horse. So, you slipped up in VERY EARLY sobriety. Learn from it and move on. You're gonna make it--your remorse shows that you want to stop-
Hang in there-

/GS
Old 11-22-2010, 06:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

slip

most do slip i sure have,have u told ur husband??if soo thats progress,if not think about it,the only place iv ever got clean was when locked up,but thats me now i tell all docters i go too im an addict and no meds please,its not easy and its a fight,but its my life and today i want too live,hang in there
Old 11-22-2010, 07:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I told my husband. Today is not a good day. I basically went from 10-12 10/325 pills a day to 4 a day. Sometimes, I took up to 20 a day... I'm going through withdrawal right now. It sucks.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ugh I'm so restless, I want to crawl the walls. It feels more like RLS but of the arms... I wish this would go away....
Old 11-23-2010, 01:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hang in there kyomi - twitching sucks, but it goes away
D
Old 11-23-2010, 01:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

w/d small price to pay for life.
My cousin's son died from oxycodone just a couple mos. ago.
Don't you be the next.

Maybe you should go to detox facility.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
2nd chance at a 1st cl*** life

You might way to try to get into detox. I've never been a rx pill popper, but I used to rave a lot so I've popped plenty of e before. Sometimes up to 7 in a 10 hour period. I know the comedown and withdrawls of e is not fun so I can't imagine what your going through isn't either. Hang in there, early sobriety is tough. But once you get the drugs out of your system, over the physical withdrawals it gets easier. Good luck Kyomi.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi kyomi. First going from 10 - 12 , to 4 is still great progress. If you slip along the way that's not important , what is important is coming to terms with the fact that you need to get off this stuff , and doing everything you can to do so. I tried the very same thing you are doing , and I was unable to manage it. I was able to kick many times before , but the last time my daily intake was so high my life was in danger by trying to taper or cold turkey it out at home. The wd's were so bad I broke down , asked for help , and went to a medical assisted detox. Well actually two of them , but long story short I wouldn't have been able to do it on my own. So keep it in mind as some of the other posters have already mentioned. Good luck to you , you can get off of it for good
Old 11-23-2010, 07:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I've been contemplating going to the ER as some of my old bipolar tendencies have reared their ugly head. Especially, anxiety and insomnia... If I don't sleep, I will end up in an extremely manic state. Last time it happened, I was saying to my mother say bye bye to Kyomi (not real name of course.) I ended up in a mental institution the next day... No, it wasn't a threat of suicide. I was threatening to run away... I was only 15...
Old 11-27-2010, 04:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Kyomi, seen your last post was on the 23rd. I hope all is going well and hope you were able to stick with the coming clean from pain meds? It's hell, but I'm only on day 6 myself and I already feel better. Can't say the withdrawal symptoms have gone completely away, but I know from reading on here that there is a light at the end of my tunnel. God Bless and keep up the good work.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Well, I ended up in the ER last night... I have a kidney stone, and my endo is acting up... UGH! I didn't go fill the Percocet script... I do have a fever now, and I feel like crap because of it.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Ok, I went and filled the script, but that was because I was writhing on the floor. I also got my nausea med filled... I'm still having the aches and sweats... I wish this stupid fever would go away...
Old 11-28-2010, 09:17 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi K, I have never gone thru any heavy opiate withdrawal, only codeine................but, but ..I have been thru really bad benzo withdrawal,so i know what feeling sick and feeling like your going nut, feels like.

The sweats and stomach cramps, puking (in my case I was very ill for 6 weeks) but opiate withdrawal doesnt last that long.
I've known people who've come of heroin and the worse is over in a few days.

if you can wean, then remember DO NOT let the weaning go in reverse.

Does you doctor know all thats going on?
Old 11-28-2010, 09:49 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I've been doing the taper very well. I was on 10-12 10/325 percocets a day.. Sometimes up to 20 a day... I also took morphine extended release 60mg twice a day. The morphine is gone completely. The prescription I went and filled was for 5/325.. She said take 1-2 every 6 hours. I've only taken one so far... The ER lady did know about the addiction... My pulse rate was 138 and my blood pressure was 142/102... They knew I was in a ton of pain.. Stupid kidney stones.. Even after taking the pill I still have a fever and some sweating/chills... That's not the withdrawal... I took ibuprofen and the fever came down to 100.8 YAY
Old 11-28-2010, 10:06 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Give yourself a MAJOR pat on the back, K. You are doing great!

Good for you! Keep doing it and you'll be soo happy when this is over. It'll be like spring all over again
Old 11-29-2010, 04:29 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars?
I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now.
Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars?
I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:52 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I think I baby my husband too much.... He has Ankylosing Spondylitis, so he is in a lot of pain... However, I have a kidney stone and we have to be at my mom's by Friday.... I am packing, and he is sitting on his comp in the front room and didn't offer to help.. I am sooooo effing mad!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 09:40 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

December 1, 2010! That is my official clean date! I'm not having that many withdrawal symptoms. The only thing I have a problem is controlling my body temp. That may be due to the kidney stone though.. I have slight fevers, and will get chills. Then I will break the fever and start sweating! lol Other then that, I feel great!

My experience: The taper worked GREAT! I wouldn't have been able to do it without my husband holding onto my pills though...
Old 12-03-2010, 10:59 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hang on to it with all your might!! talk talk talk here on sr and phone people (clean/sober) in your life.

Think about going to a NA meeting. It'll help BIG time!

WOW you rule!!!