D
Old 08-06-2010, 06:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry to interrupt 40 T

D
Old 08-07-2010, 12:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((40)) - I'd never heard of Brian Weiss, but have read a lot about him, here, on the F&F forum...sounds really interesting. I know I've always said that I want to come back, in my next life, as one of my cats...spoiled ROTTEN!!

((Dee)) - thanks for starting the new thread!

Our a/c at work was actually WORKING tonight!!! In fact, some customers were complaining that it was COLD in the dining room. It took everything I had to not whack them over the head. I simply mentioned that we had been dealing with NO a/c for several weeks, and those of us who worked there were very appreciative of it being cool.

We also had a thunderstorm that knocked our power out for about a second, just long enough to mess up the computers for a little bit and knock out our ability to take credit cards for about 20 min.

We were busy, short-staffed (as usual), and crazy, but I had a good crew to work with, so we had fun. The "problem child" came in and was ticked at having to work with a girl who has made it known she doesn't like working with "two-faced people" (the problem child). It was a bit tense, but I just did what I was told, had a temper tantrum in the back, then got over it. I've got to be back in less than 12 hours...sigh. At least I'll have the next 2 or 3 days off.

Tomorrow is going to be really, really busy at work and we'll be short-staffed, again, so I'm gonna try and get some sleep.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 08-08-2010, 12:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Where IS everyone? I don't like not having my friends around

Tonight was crazier than usual, at work. Remember the girl I work with who I said was my mentor? She walked out on us, in the middle of a HUGE rush. She's gotten a new job at the airport, starts tomorrow, and guess she'd had enough. It wasn't pretty, as she was the one making the food.

I ended up working almost 11 hours, but have the next 3 days off. May ask for a work excuse for 2 more days, after I see my dr., if he can give me something to help me get some darned sleep. I think I get about 8 hours of sleep, a week, and that's just not cutting it.

Re-evaluating whether I just need to find another job, but I'm a little brain-fried, right now, so will wait until I'm thinking a little clearer.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Where IS everyone? I don't like not having my friends around

Tonight was crazier than usual, at work. Remember the girl I work with who I said was my mentor? She walked out on us, in the middle of a HUGE rush. She's gotten a new job at the airport, starts tomorrow, and guess she'd had enough. It wasn't pretty, as she was the one making the food.

I ended up working almost 11 hours, but have the next 3 days off. May ask for a work excuse for 2 more days, after I see my dr., if he can give me something to help me get some darned sleep. I think I get about 8 hours of sleep, a week, and that's just not cutting it.

Re-evaluating whether I just need to find another job, but I'm a little brain-fried, right now, so will wait until I'm thinking a little clearer.

I'm off today, so plan on taking it easy and staying inside...hot, muggy day predicted.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-08-2010, 12:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sick today Amy - just a cold, but it's laid me low

See you tomorrow

D
Old 08-08-2010, 12:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Get some rest (((Dee))) - former nurse's orders!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-08-2010, 06:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Old 08-08-2010, 11:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Dee~ Hope you feel better soon. Colds are misery.

Amy~ You are not a former nurse. You ARE still a nurse, noone can take that away from you. I learned that in my support group that I am still a nurse regardless of anything else.
Hope you have some off time soon.

40T~ I will have to look up Brian Weiss. I haven't looked much into this topic but it is interesting. It would be interesting to have memory of all past lives but I would hate to have to be an "addict" throughout eternity so having a clean slate every life sounds really nice.

Windy~ nice dragon

I've been painting a bedroom and finally done. I decided the peeling wallpaper had to go and these jobs look easier in my head than when I actually do them. What I figure will take 4 hours runs 16!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But the room looks great and it's nice and clean.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(AMY) Glad your a/c is working. It's still been cool enough up here in Ohio to leave the air off. Thank goodness cuz it's getting expensive. That's gonna change by tomorrow. I wish I could still remember the heat from Houston when I lived there. I remember when I got back, I wore jeans and long sleeves. People either thought I was nuts or a heroin junky. I couldn't help it 85-90 degrees in Ohio was COLD compared to the 115-120 a day in Houston. LOL. But we're forcasted to be over 100 by Tuesday. And my a/c'd car is still broke. I am stuck in the truck with no air. WAAAHHHH! The very same truck I drove in Houston too. WITHOUT air.
I've been ring shopping with the boyfriend. We found a lovely ring in 10K. I usually do not like either my birthstone (garnet) nor gold (silver kind of gal) but this one was just really pretty and nicely priced too. I know he said to get what I want but I really feel awkward and undeserving of his kindness and love sometimes, but mostly really feel I shouldn't be spending his money. But this thing looked really nice and I will be getting it in 2 weeks. Found out my ring size is a 9! Used to be an 11 1/2-12! I still have really chubby fingers though.
And (WINDY) Love the dragon. LOLOL
Off to do some homework and maybe have some ice cream.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

(((Dee))) - hope you are feeling better.

(((Windy))) - glad you dropped in

(((Med))) - thanks, sweetie. I know I'll always have the "nurse's brain" as to how I think. Glad you got the room done. I once helped some friends re-do an old house (as in coal-burning fireplaces?). Everything we thought would take a day, or so, took 2 weeks but it was gorgeous in the end.

(((CQ))) - the ring sounds gorgeous and, yes, you do deserve it!!

We have a "code orange" smog alert today, with more high temps. The twitter forecast thingie on the local paper said "try not to breathe outside" today and tomorrow. Today's no problem, as I don't plan on GOING outside. Tomorrow, though I have to go out..I think I'm going to have to breathe while I'm out there

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-08-2010, 03:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Here's the pic of Elvis I took the other day. Tess/Anvil said he looked like a puddle of syrup with fur poured on top

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 08-09-2010, 05:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

((((HenHousers!)))

I'm back in internet connection and I've missed you all!

(((Dee))) Hope you're feeling better. Colds are such a nuisance!

(((Amy))) I love that pic of Elvis! And Anvil has a way with words! I can only remember being THAT relaxed one time. Someone gave me a day at a Spa some years ago. I can still remember at the end of that day I was sitting in a fluffy robe in the "exit" room wondering if I'd be able to drive myself home. LOL I hope today finds you better rested and staying cool.

(((40T))) I've read Brian Weiss and find it an interesting theory. Why not? Seems so many cultures accept it as truth and have done so for centuries. Oddly enough, I'm reading "Karma and Reincarnation" at the moment. Elizabeth Clare Prophet, I think the author is but I'm too lazy at this moment to drag it out of my bag and check.

(((CQ))) I'm so happy for you! The great grades, the love of a good man and Jewelry too! LOL You earned it and you deserve it. Don't think otherwise!

(((med))) I like what you said about being a nurse. I do believe it's a special calling for some. I'm having a cup of Yogi Tea just now and the affirmation on the tag says: " Obey, Serve, Love, Excel." And I think that a good way to live in recovery and as a nurse!

(((windy)) Thanks for stopping by and glad to see you're in "Dragon" mode!

(((Jay))) Today is Monday so know my thoughts have been with you and Kirby. Please check in when you get a chance.

I'm doing OK. A bit cranky (could be the Chantix or I'm just a crab?) a little achy and have a sore throat that could just the fatigue or beginning of a cold? I don't know. I don't get home until Tuesday and don't have the time to be sick so I'm drinking my herbal tea, taking my vitamins and herbs and hoping it will pass.

Hubs and I have been discussing our housing situation and both of us decided we need to stay in our area. So, thank you all for keeping us in your best thoughts and sending your good vibes. I've been doing some positive creative mental imagining and know we need a patio or a sunny room for the cats. OG is still "acting out" despite Hub's best efforts with the cleaning. She has to be sending us a message because she's waiting until she has a sneaky minute. On a good note, the FuzzyB isn't copying her!

(((norty))) You wild thing, please check in. We miss you! ((((Bear))) Please update on Sean's progress and we miss you too!

I guess that's all my news. I'm brain-dead once again. To be reincarnated smarter, wiser, quicker and with a better perspective soon, I hope!

Much love and good Karma to all!

Lenina
Old 08-09-2010, 05:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you're back Lee - crabby or not LOL
I'm recovering nicely from my near fatal 'man cold'

D
Old 08-09-2010, 08:14 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

(((Lee))) - good to see you back, and I hope you're not catching a cold!!

(((Dee))) - glad you're recovering from your near-fatal cold

I've had an interesting day. Started out by finding out my car insurance was raising my rate $100/month, in addition to the $200/month they already went up after my last 2 accidents in Sept. I had a fit, called my agent, and she called corporate. Turns out they were "double charging" me for the accidents, which they aren't supposed to do, so my rate will stay the same. Whew!! No way I could afford $430/month insurance, in addiction to my car payment!

Also talked to the school that I'm planning on going to. Their HIT program won't start again until NEXT Aug., but with my medical background the HIT coordinator recommended I take the coding certification class (3-4 classes) and then enroll in the program next year. I've already missed the deadline for fall quarter, but it's okay. I've still got to finish up THIS semester with the home schooling and figure out what to do about them...how to get out of the contract without major debt, or transfer to an easier "certificate" class, that I can also use.

Came home and cleaned out our refrigerators, as I'd asked stepmom to do it, last week, when they were both really smelly. She says she didn't smell anything, and didn't bother to LOOK as she doesn't "feel good". I snapped, told her I don't feel good, either, but don't lay in the f'ing BED every day!! I threw out two, yard-size, trash bags of rotten food. There's just no excuse for that. I hardly even eat, here, so none of it's MY stuff..just leftovers she's thrown in there and forgets about.

Not proud of my "fit" but everyone's got a breaking point, and I guess I hit mine. I was standing IN the fridge door, sweat just pouring off of me. Not pretty.

Now it's after 11 and I doubt I'll be able to sleep, so guess I will tackle my room, which is another disaster, but at least it only affects ME, not the whole family.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-09-2010, 08:25 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad about the insurance and the school (((Amy)))...not so much about the refrigerator

:ghug3
D
Old 08-09-2010, 10:01 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

((Dee)) that smiley is SO appropriate!! Well, not any more, 'cause both fridges are CLEAN Brit was right when she said "damn, when you get mad, you can CLEAN!!!" after I had tackled the laundry room. It's just a shame I have to GET mad and the cleaning doesn't last

Speaking of Brit, she is supposedly doing her home-schooling with plans to take her GED by the end of this year. She's also still applying for jobs, but I've only heard of 3. She hasn't been home, except for her b'day, since the end of June. She doesn't call, doesn't respond to my txt messages, so when she txtd me today to ask me the phone number for my dr., I took my time in responding. I did try to call her back, but it went to voice mail. Dad talked to her and said I could call her, but if she wants to be little-miss-independent, then I will let her. She knows where I am and that I love her. It's hard, though

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-09-2010, 11:45 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Amy~~ I noticed when you were typing you typo'd the word addition to be addiction. I find that interesting because I type the word addiction as addition. I don't know what psychologist/shrink would make of this but I just find it an AHHHHHHHH moment. It's telling for me that I want to be done and over this addiction as if I had a penicillin shot and was cured but I know it's a lifelong thing to deal with, sometimes I feel so recovered I forget I was/am an addict or is that an addit lol.
Anyways glad you got the fridge fixed. Elvis is adorable. And one day Brit will be back and glad to have your stability and your love.

Lenina~ good to see you and glad you gots internets again.

Love to all.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:00 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

(((Med))) - oops! I do that, a lot, but I usually catch it. I think you're probably right, but I also type the word "addiction" here, at SR, a lot. I do believe Freud would have something to say about that!!

I also remember, when I went to AA, and some people would mess up and say "prayer and medication" instead of "meditation" It was done, often enough, that we would all laugh about it.

Trying to get rid of this sinus headache (and hope I didn't inhale any deadly mold from the fridge!). I think it IS the heat and humidity, as ((Med)) just informed me.

I think our weather is finally out of "code orange" warnings, meaning I'm allowed to BREATHE outside tomorrow/today? All 3 cats were out earlier and I fussed at them, telling them they weren't supposed to BE in that heat, much less BREATHING!! They looked at me like I was nuts. They're right

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-10-2010, 12:05 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Yep I noticed on the NOAA weather map Atlanta and my area are in the same red zone for heat where the south be baking. I walked across the grass and it crunches now. It's so crispy here. It was 97 today with who knows what for heat index.

I hope you don't think I was minding your spelling. You know I don't care how you type I just find I do the same thing but in reverse. I love prayers and medication. HA that's funny.