Notices

IOP help

Old 01-23-2011, 04:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

IOP help

So I'm dead set on stopping. Yesterday was my last time using. I called to get into an IOP (Intensive Out Patient) program and I can not get into Feb. 8. I'm afraid that I will relapse until I get into the program. I will go to meetings until then but how/where should I look for more support. I am very scared. Any help would be great. Also, has anyone been to the Institute of Living in Hartford, CT?
Old 01-23-2011, 04:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

pillhead:

I can't tell you about where to go or how to go, but what I can tell you is I'm on day 2 sober, working on day 3 and if I can do it, I know you can. So find support here, with the people, know there are many like you, like me. Certainly, I don't know your story, or your usage history...but once you start letting it out, I'm certain many folks will chime in...Stay strong.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting. I'm 22 years old and have been using oxycontin, opana, basically any opiate for 9 months. Before that I was abusing adderall and cocaine to get through school. Before that I used alcohol almost everyday for 2 years to battle boredom, loneliness, and depression. Before that I became anorexic and obsessed with food for whatever reason. As of now, I am unemployed and feel hopeless for the future. However, I know that I am the only thing holding me back from turning into a "real" grown up with a plan in life. Right now I have 3 close friends (one of them is an addict). I know that I am powerless and am therefore giving up any control I thought I had. I have tried many times to get sober without help and know that I need it to get better. But it sucks that help is so far away. Staying sober will be dificult in the mean time.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

pillhead: ain't gonna lie it's hard and it you know it. I too was on OxyContin. I've been on it a little over a year now. I don't wish those WD's on my worst enemy. I feel and know your pain. Again, I repeat, keep posting and working it out, people are here, but it will be you who pulls through or doesn't. I'm sorry, I feel your pain and know all too well what you are going through. stay strong..
Old 01-23-2011, 06:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The good news is I am done with withdrawals! Last week I took a 50mg pill of naltrexone (a drug that is used for rapid withdrawal, usually done under anesthesia) WARNING: I would never recommend anyone to do this, as it was the worst pain in my life. I did this because I wanted the withdrawals to end immediately because I was becoming so depressed. Even though I went through hell of full blown precipitated withdrawals, I was completely done with withdrawing the next day. However, me being a stupid addict used the day after and noticed that my tolerance went back to 0 and I did not have any withdrawal symptoms after. So, I'm not going through withdrawals but I do not want to mess up and use so much again that I become physically dependent once again.