Notices

what is restless leg?

Old 01-14-2010, 06:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

what is restless leg?

Is restless leg like a 'charley horse'? I have woken up the last two nights with a charley horse cramp in my calf. Is this related to reduced oxy use? I took a packet of electrolytes tonight. I also have been having really bad nightmares...scary, chasing... Anyone else? Is it related to withdrawal?
Old 01-14-2010, 07:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

I don't think so. I think restless legs is when your legs jump all around while you try to sleep. Like spastic legs or whatever.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Cramps are caused by dehydration. Are you drinking enough water? When I was drinking alcohol, I had leg cramps quite often at night. Since I stopped, I very rarely have them.

RLS is quite different. I have that, too, but only occasionally. It's the feeling of needing to move your legs all the time and it's quite annoying.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It feels like you need to move your legs. It is entirely different from a charley horse or a cramp. You can't sleep because every time you try to be still your legs kick. It goes away in about 4-5 days.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Now with fewer opiates!

I had leg cramps AND RLS during withdrawal.
The cramps I just had to walk off, not much else I could do.
The RLS was much, much more difficult to deal with. It is, indeed, a feeling like you must move your legs. The more I tried to make it go away, the more intense it got. I was prescribed ropinrole (brand: Requip) for the RLS and it was effective for me. (That's not medical advice, just my personal experience).
Good luck.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thx

I think I had restless arm symdrome one night when I went ct about three weeks ago. It felt like dull throbbing pain and nothing I could do. I took a sleeping pill. I think I have been dehydrated. I am also (have been...long story) trying to quit drink as well as the oxys. I will drink more (water) and the electrolytes. Last night I didn;t have it after the electrolytes.
I am trying to change by changing my actions. I do not share with people. I will make a goal to post on the alcohol page about the other topic. I quit oxys for about 10 days, but took tramadol. Then nothing for three days and then the oxys again due to the depression and stress. My dose is less than before. From 10-12 325/5 mg oxy pill per day to about 5 pills per day. I have ten pills left and want to wean down. I posted earlioer that I have a doctor who liberally dispenses. He is out of town for the month. I just got his email, and now need to write the email not to ever give me narcotics again. Please give me strength. I have one other med cnter that prescribes me a few at a time. I want to get off it. Now is a good time. The depression is sooo bad. There is limited support/knowledge where I live in Asia.Thank you all for your replies--very helpful!
Old 01-15-2010, 03:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Now with fewer opiates!

Originally Posted by lowgrademisery View Post
I think I had restless arm syndrome one night when I went ct about three weeks ago.
I had that as well. It nearly drove me crazy. It does pass, though.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I had Rls the worst when I quit suboxone it lasted forever it seemed. Make me cringe to think about it,
Old 01-16-2010, 11:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Yada Yada

Eat bannanas and drink LOTS of water!!!

And..... restless legs are that feeling that ur legs wont stop moving (kinda feels like bugs crawling around in them!) mainly during opiate, meth, or cocaine withdrawls

DO NOT PUNCH YOUR LEGS TO EASE THE RESTLESSNESS instead clear your mind inhale deeply and then a deep exhale.... repeat untill your heart stops racing and your comfortable
Old 01-17-2010, 03:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

fully off (again) day one

Sunday--fully off. I was going to save one or two tablelets for Monday at work, but screw it--can't "wean" off. I took )not at once) 6 or 7 325/5mg Saturday. Last one at 10:30pm. Didn't feel so much withdrawal until late Sunday afternoon. I prepared by making a big pot of soup to have all week at work/home. Also cut and cleaned veggies and made fresh juice .First time I used the juicer in a year! Even managed a light work gym today. I hope I will sleep and it won't be too bad at work tomorrow. I know the urge to run to a doctor and get a script will hit me hard Monday and Tuesday..... But I am sick and tired of being a slave to this. I just want to be a normal person!
Old 01-17-2010, 04:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Originally Posted by lowgrademisery View Post
But I am sick and tired of being a slave to this. I just want to be a normal person!
Surrender is giving up on are old way of life and getting some help to start a new one. We surrender when we admit we can no longer live life on our own. We surrender when we can no longer make our own decisions and get positive results. We surrender when everything in our life seems to be bad. We surrender when the pain is so great it seems we are dying inside. We surrender when we have no hope! We surrender when we have finally reached a place where we are willing to go to any length to a new way of life!

If you’re sick and tired of being sick and tired... Surrender….

Ivan