Notices

Where my homegirls Sugah and SIU at ???

Old 12-05-2009, 09:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Where my homegirls Sugah and SIU at ???

Sugah hasn't posted on SR.com since 11/19 ...

That's not like her ... did she say she was gonna be gone for awhile or anything?

And I see SteppingItUp has logged into SR recently, but she hasn't seemed to have posted since 11/20 ... I miss you SIU

I also miss Serenity Queen, wish she'd join us more often...
Old 12-05-2009, 11:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Hey, BV. I've been here -- posting, too, so maybe the search function wasn't working for you? But, yes, I'm quieter than usual. I'm coming down to the last two weeks of a (brutal) graduate school/teaching semester, and when I'm here, I've usually got work beside me screaming for attention. I'm very touched that you cared enough to issue a shout-out. That means a lot.

How are you? It seems we don't see as much of you here as we had. Life still good?

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 01-04-2010, 07:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
TheMostSordidSpotOnEarth

Thank you so much for your kindness BV! This was really touching. Your presence here has always made a major difference to me. You are a brightly shining star and an absolute blessing.

I missed you too!

As for me, yep, I'm still clean. Even better, I still love being clean. I *would* be at 9 1/2 months now, but I have a very old skool, kick-my-ass and teach-me-right sponsor, so after much thought, I have decided to switch my clean date over the sleeping pill I took for the first month or so and the minimum amount of Valerian root that I used to wean off of it. (Yes, I took exactly the prescribed amount of the sleeping pill, taking 1 or less a night, but that's not the point -- the point is that I thought I needed any mind or mood-altering chemicals in any 24 hour period in order to get through my day. That's also why the Valerian root made the list, despite the fact that I took half or less than half of what was recommended on the bottle. It doesn't matter if it's over the counter or if I felt high, which I didn't -- the point is that it's a sedative.) This puts me at a bit over 8 months clean.

While I have continued to read the threads, I stopped posting because I really needed to step into the next phase of my recovery, which meant re-prioritizing for awhile. I am so grateful for this board because it's the first place I ever sought any help, and I found support here. Moreover, you're the ones who convinced me to try NA, and the fellowship truly has become such a blessing in my life. I'm working the program, and I love it. I'm working the steps, I talk to my sponsor everyday, I love chairing meetings (at my Home Group and online), I served as a Discussion Leader at our Regional Conference (in Italian, omg -- went well though!), I've done H&I (powerful!), and I've even been asked to lend a hand with translations of NA literature into Italian. I still have a very long road ahead of me, but I'm looking forward to it. I'm more grateful than I think I've ever been in my whole life, I'm happy, and I feel so proud.

All of my best wishes to you BV, and a thousand thanks for caring enough to notice my absence. Speaking of absences -- I've noticed yours! Where have you been, you brilliantly wonderful and adorable addict, you? Here's hoping that you're doing better than ever, that your holidays went well, and that the year to come will be full of tremendous gifts.

As for the rest of you, best wishes!! Enormous hugs to each and every one of you!!

:ghug3
Old 01-04-2010, 12:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

I miss you to Stepping.

Stagebear was around the other day. I miss him posting too.

Nallabelle, Cherybaby66, Lostbutterfly, christin1225, kj3880, whiskerkissed, serenityqueen

Were are you guys. Stop by say hello.

Ivan
Old 01-05-2010, 09:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

I've just been gone on vacation, busy with the holidays, etc. All good on my end, just getting back into the swing of regular life, which means, of course, some time on SR.com.

Nice to see you SIU ... I hope this means you'll be joining us more often again