Notices

Shooting and/or snorting Suboxone

Old 11-30-2009, 09:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Shooting and/or snorting Suboxone

Can someone please help me with some personal experience regarding either shooting or snorting suboxone?

I was under the impression that it was not possible to get high from Suboxone but have recently heard that it may be injected or snorted for recreational use. Is this true? If so it looks like I have something new to worry about regarding exabf

I also posted under the Suboxone section but thought I might find some help here. Thanks
Old 11-30-2009, 09:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's possible to abuse just about anything, rediscovering.

I've never used subs but I've heard of it being abused yeah - the details aren't important.

if its exabf tho - why are you worried?
Looking back at your posts he's been an ex for while, rediscovering.

I hope you're moving on

D
Old 12-01-2009, 07:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It can be snorted or shot, yes, but it really doesn't achieve any different end result than just using it as directed. In all three cases, the way it's working is by introducing it directly to the bloodstream, bypassing the stomach, which destroys the drug. These are just different methods of administration that don't affect how it works much, if at all.

In fact if you're talking about suboxone (as opposed to subutex) then it actually works worse if you shoot it ... in fact the pill is designed to make you sick if you shoot it (since it contains naloxone), although I've heard it doesn't always work this way.

A person can get somewhat high off of Buprenorphine (the active opioid ingredient in subs) ... IF and only IF ... they are not an opioid addict already. It's different though for people who've already become acclimated to opioids ... because usually they will be coming from abusing much more euphoric opioids like heroin, oxycodone, dilaudid, vicodin, etc.

Bottom-line, it's pretty much impossible for a person (and especially not an addict) to get any sort of real pleasant high off of bupe. And really, over-doing it on the bupe tends to just make you feel like crap, not 'high'.

Please note that my response would've had an entirely different tone and content if I were responding to your exabf directly
Old 12-02-2009, 10:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Eat to live, not live to eat

You will be very sick if you were to Bang "shoot" suboxone, yes.... You can snort it, but it takes about 15 minutes to get in the bloodstream this way, and it takes about 15 minutes if used under the tongue as directed.... So best to just use as directed on this med.
Now for it getting you high.... YES! for someone not addicted, or has not built a tolerence to opioids, a half of a 8mg pill would get you high as a kite... maybe even close to overdose... bupe is roughly 75x the strength of morphine.. given is agonist properties though, not sure how that number breaks down. dont use it to get high...
Old 12-04-2009, 08:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Back when I was on subs I let a couple of opioid-naive (i.e. never abused the stuff in their lives) friends have a little bump of my subutex 'cause they asked. Both people just ended up dizzy and generally f-ed up (not in the fun way), and both eventually puked their guts out. Neither enjoyed it at all, and neither asked to try it again.

I don't like to 'advertise' this fact too much around here, but ... I almost never used my subutex via the 'medically prescribed' method of administration. I was accustomed to sniffin' my OC's, so that's I did my subutex as well. I don't think I could've stayed on it if I'd had to sit there and sucked on a piece of a stupid pill for 20 minutes everytime I wanted to have some of my medication. The end result of sucking or sniffing was identical, it was mainly a matter of convenience and 'habit' if you will.

Now, I'm NOT suggesting that other people do what I did ... but the reality is ... that was how I did it, right up until I did the last tiny fragment of it that I ever did. It worked out fine for me, seeing as I now have almost exactly 2.5 years clean from all intoxicating drugs.

So ... back to the topic ... I'm not suggesting that bupe is not a abusable drug, I'm just saying that there's probably a fairly narrow slice of time in the 'timeline' of an opioid users drug-taking history where it'd probably have any entertainment value at all. And that would be the early stages, after they've started and acclimated to opioids a bit, but before they've gotten addicted. And believe me, taking subs recreationally would addict you VERY quickly, and you'd cease to get any sort of high off them even quicker.

When you switch to subs after abusing oxy or smack or vikes or whatever for a long time, bupe just really makes you feel very 'normal', and no matter how much you take, you won't get any sort of real high like you (maybe still) could back when you were using 'real' dope.

And IMHO, I don't care if you're abusing subs by cramming them into your ear ... it's still better to be on them than it is to be out there shooting dope. Note ... that was not medical advice, just my opinion

Lastly, bupe is 25x more potent (mg/mg) than morphine, not 75x. Also that number is based on ORALLY administered morphine, which is considerably less potent than injected morphine.

Last edited by bval; 12-04-2009 at 08:43 AM.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Im pretty sure I have read on more than one site its 75x stronger.... and Im sure if your injecting bupe, and injecting morphine its gonna be the same 75x stronger.... the problem with suboxone is its antongist properties... will only get you so high.... thats why you can never get to that 75x stronger feeling..... now whats that other one.... subutux, I think thats what it is.... comes in 2mg, and that one, you can abuse... and you can die from the OD.

As for giving it to your opiate niave friends..... if I was to give my opiate niave friend something 75x stronger mg for mg to morphine, I think he would be puking and in a miserable state..... I know when I first took too much of my meds.... sick sick sick... itching..... throwing up..... dizzy..... sick.... and that was oxy!! so, I kinda disagree with your post. you can get high off of sub, I wouldnt recommend it.... but yes, very possible. this is why many people are addicted to it.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Cool

Just a wee FYI, definitely off-topic.........

Buprenorphine is approximately twenty-five to forty times as potent as morphine; it's Fentanyl that is approximately 100 times more potent than morphine.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sandnuka View Post
Im pretty sure I have read on more than one site its 75x stronger.... and Im sure if your injecting bupe, and injecting morphine its gonna be the same 75x stronger.... the problem with suboxone is its antongist properties... will only get you so high.... thats why you can never get to that 75x stronger feeling..... now whats that other one.... subutux, I think thats what it is.... comes in 2mg, and that one, you can abuse... and you can die from the OD.

As for giving it to your opiate niave friends..... if I was to give my opiate niave friend something 75x stronger mg for mg to morphine, I think he would be puking and in a miserable state..... I know when I first took too much of my meds.... sick sick sick... itching..... throwing up..... dizzy..... sick.... and that was oxy!! so, I kinda disagree with your post. you can get high off of sub, I wouldnt recommend it.... but yes, very possible. this is why many people are addicted to it.
Well then those sites were wrong. Buprenorphine is about 25x stronger than oral morphine. Injecting buprenorphine doesn't change that equation, because when you take it as directed (under the tongue) it goes directly into your bloodstream as if you'd injected it. IOW, the introduction of bupe directly into the bloodstream is already part of the 25x calculation. There is no other way to TAKE bupe other than by direct introduction to the bloodstream. The drug does not survive processing by the stomach at ALL.

The caveat about oral morphine is there because orally administered morphine is much less effective (only around 40% the strength of injected morphine) due to breakdown of the drug by the stomach acid and enzymes. Bupe is not 25x stronger than injected morphine, no matter how you take the bupe.

The reason that you only get 'so high' from bupe, as well as the antagonist properties you speak of, are inherent to the drug buprenorphine, regardless of whether you are talking suboxone or subutex. Now matter how much you take, there is what is called a 'ceiling effect' with Bupe.

Bupe is an opioid agonist with an extremely high binding affinity to opioid receptors. On some of the opioid receptors (there are a number of different kinds), it has antagonist qualities. Thus, it's technically referred to as an partial opioid-agonist, with antagonist properties.

The reason bupe doesn't really get you high is that while it binds extremely tightly to the mu-receptor (the one responsible for 'highness'), it doesn't not actually stimulate the mu-receptor to produce the flood of 'feel-good' endorphins like oxys or heroin does.

When you take either pill as directed, suboxone and subutex work identically, and they both have same OD potential (which is very low relative to most opioids). It's only when you inject suboxone (due to presence of naloxone) that the two work differently ... suboxone is supposed to make you extremely dopesick due to the naloxone ... but supposedly it doesn't always work that way, according to some reports.

People get 'addicted' to suboxone and subutex for the exact same reason, and that is because buprenorphine, the active ingredient in both formulations when used as directed, is a powerful opioid drug that produces physical and psychological dependence just like any other opioid drug. You don't have to 'abuse' it, nor get 'high' off of it, in order to become addicted to it. And most people who take it are ALREADY opioid addicts anyways.

And I don't care HOW you use bupe ... it doesn't get you 'high' in any way that's even remotely equivalent to how you feel on heroin or oxy's or any other sort of 'good' dope. Yeah, it can 'mess you up' if you're not used to opioids or you take way too much, but it's not pleasant.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

bvaljalo; Thanks for the response! you actually made allot of the stuff I read make allot of sence..... thank you for that..... Now the only thing is the high, or normal feeling your talkin about... in my exp. I am a opioate dependent person... with a very very high tolerance to narc meds..... when I withdrawl the first two days of taken sub, I feel like garbage still.... its that third day that I get that warm opiate feelin again... not what I would say is normal.... I am definelty Higher than normal.
and the couple people I know that take sub, one is a, I would call a... functional herion addict, and the other takes sub to get high..... he snorts just a sliver of a piece.... and is bouncin all over the place. lol.... he actually reminds me of my first exp with opiates in college. lol..... my functioning herion addict friend says all that the sub does is take the withdrawl away..... doesnt get high at all.....
Everything you said is true and correct..... but the only thing, I can disagree with slightly is that bupe will not get you a high like oxy. because I belive it does, with some people.
Your post is the best explanation I have ever seen on sub... thank you.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think the OP got the answers they needed - you guys can take it to PM.
D