Notices

Scared

Old 02-26-2009, 09:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sassy

Scared

Hello everyone, I am in active addiction . My drug of choice is meth. Ive been using everyday for 6 years. Other than when I had to do 30 days in jail for failing a UA. If Id only knew what this drug was going to do to my life id never touched it. When i dont have any i get so sick. Im nauseated really bad,and i have wierd feeling in my head and my ears,like a vibrating feeling i cant explain . I want to quit Im so sick of this drug. i wish i could be the old me again before i ever was introduced to this awful drug. Im so scared anyone who can give me some advice it will be greatly appreciated. sassy
Old 02-26-2009, 10:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Now with fewer opiates!

I have no experience with meth as an addict, although my ex abused it. Just wanted to welcome you. Someone will be along who knws more than I.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Meth dropped me to 109 pounds (I am 6' tall) and days away from death.

Rehab got me started on the road to recovery.

Recovery is possible!

:ghug :ghug
Old 02-26-2009, 10:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

All those symptoms are caused by the meth. I've not been addicted to it as such but I did use to take ephedrine pills and they would cause the same symptoms.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Friend

Hey Sassy -
just wanted to say hello =) I don't have experience w/meth but I have dabbled w/stimulants - mostly adderall and phentermine -- to an abusive and non-therapeutic point. So I know the 'cracked out' feeling that can feel like death warmed over. Have you considered rehab/detox? Have you tried coming off yourself? I know you get sick w/o ...but have you tried taking like a few days 'off from life' to do a detox? NA meetings might be a good start...you have the desire to quit....that can get your far! Welcome to SR=)
Old 02-26-2009, 10:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Sassy,
I have a sister who was addicted to meth. Myself I was addicted to opiates. So I can only tell you from what I saw with her. She was in a similar situation and she had lost tons of weight and had scabs all over her body from picking at her skin and looked like death walking. She finally broke down and asked for help. It took a lot of us pulling together to get her back on her feet again. She detoxed and went to NA and got clean. That was over 2 yrs ago and she is now married to a great guy and has custody of her child again. I guess I am telling you this because recovering from addiction of any kind is next to impossible unless you reach out to someone in person and seek the help of others. I'm not saying recovery isn't possible by yourself, I just personally have never seen it done alone.
I wish you the best of luck and I hope you can find someone who is not an addict who will understand and help you. Have you tried NA meetings?
Old 02-27-2009, 05:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am so glad I was done with street drugs by the time meth got to New York.I see stuff on TV that I know would be me.I got all caught up in coke in the 80s and 90s and know I would be dead if I did meth in my 40s.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
sassy

just wanted to let you all know sassys been clean now for over 40 days from my terrible addiction. Thanks, sassy
Old 12-15-2009, 05:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

good job, sassy !! don't go back.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I guess you're talking about Methamphetamine, not Methadone. I shot crystal meth in the late 60's and the 'come down' or 'crash' was so awful one needed a barbiturate to handle it. I read you have 40 days clean, Bravo
Keep on truckin"