Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

EG.s of Great Recovered Men & Women's Achievements

Notices

EG.s of Great Recovered Men & Women's Achievements

Old 03-05-2012, 03:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry EG.s of Great Recovered Men & Women's Achievements

Yo,

I do not do drugs.

But am unmotivated to stay off them..

PLEASE EXAMPLES OF MEN & WOMEN WHO BEAT DRUG ADDICTIONS AND WENT ON TO ACHIEVE REMARKABLE THINGS!

I don't see the point of living just to achieve "things" (nor will i be capable of this thought).

I do see the point of living to achieve remarkable things which changed or inspired MANY.

Sorry for what's clearly a very tall order......

Any drug example pls, i have done them all...
Old 03-05-2012, 04:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Robert - welcome

Not trying to be a wise guy but if you look around you'll find some pretty inspiring stories here - and some remarkable recoveries.

Sometimes the really valuable stories are the ones that don't get told as much.

Have a look at our Stories of Recovery forum
Stories of Recovery - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

I think the best motivation comes from within tho.

If you're bored, find meaning, if you're unmotivated find a reason to be motivated. It can take a little work but it['s in you

Like Gandhi said, be the change you want to see in the world, Robert

D
Old 03-05-2012, 05:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry for wasting your time - i'm just ****** up in the head.. always looking for a reason 2 get back on it...

"I think the best motivation comes from within tho." - Dee

Definetally agree with that, if i didnt take a long hard look at myself, id still be digging my grave without even knowing it.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Anvil, awesome post!
Old 03-05-2012, 03:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

you're not wasting anyones time Robert

D
Old 03-05-2012, 06:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Anvilhead says it all- and most ppl i know with substantial clean time [ i do NA] have that same creative, compassionate and love-of-life thing unfolding around them as well.

me too.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Bald Eagle out of your window! **** that's mad! - not to mention doing more with less, you have strong resolve, that's a very rare trait, nice!

Perhaps i should give some more context..

Im 23. I was not a heavy user, but heavy enough on me.. been doing Shabs & Harry for just under 2 years, & cones everyday for 5+.. Can say i've been in some ****** situations am lucky to hav survived.

Anyway; whilst there are remarkable things in the world, there are many less remarkable people - so much so, I struggle to appreciate the remarkable, only acknowledge it.. I don't want to live to just accept, i'm no robot...

I see potential; but I also see obsession to aquire & abuse power. Too rarely are people honestly accountable for their actions or proud..

My passion is to change this, to help people open their eyes... This is a key inspiration to me personally to not use drugs, I must use my head!.. BUT as a passion, i have to act on it, i'm very doubtful of my ability that I can...

Simply put, i ask myself How can I change the minds of so many fkwits? Can I at all? - something I may come to learn with many many years of study....

Motivation to study for those years?:

I would love to hear the story of (Hypothetically here for example: Great Man, when he was a young adult banging it, then became an inspiration to millions who read his book, or whatever)..

Im not saying specifically a writer, but any "highly overachieving individual"? that inspired millions, following a difficult stage similar to mine/ours??..

I am somebody who has had almost everything given to them in life, & I want to use this for the world! - good school, good family, good work - but I struggle hard to care for what im given, when it contains no lasting value in the souls of humankind..
Old 03-05-2012, 07:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Bill W.