Notices

hey y'all, i broked my laig real bad like

Old 06-22-2009, 02:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

hey y'all, i broked my laig real bad like

Jumpin off my boat into water too shallow I snapped my fibia and tibula or whatever those 2 bones are. Hurt so bad I almost peed my pantelones. Got dilaudid at the ER and hadda have it cuz it hurt so dang bad. Great part about this is I didn't like the buzz when it finally hit(took awhile and a good bit of dope). Went home with lortabs but gave em to the wife to dole out as prescribed. I'm a bit nervous about it but think I'll be ayite. Summer's gonna suck kinda.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
mi vida loca

YEOUCH!!!! i feel ya-6 surgeries on mah leg in 2.5 yrs....AND the kicker was it happened right in the beginning of the summah! boooooo!!! hang in there buddy--wtg on doin the 'sponsible thang and giving your wifey the meds...be good, get well soon and take care!
Old 06-22-2009, 02:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Windy)))) - awwwww, damn, I know that had to hurt if YOU took pain meds!! How long have you got to have the cast?

I'm glad the rest of you is okay. Didn't your daughter break her wrist or arm this winter? You guys trying to outdo each other or something?

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 06-22-2009, 02:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

(((((((((((((((Windy))))))))))))))))))..
Wow thats crazy!! I am sorry about your poor leg!! I am glad you got a wife to take care of you...You will be alright...stay here and keep us posted!
love north
Old 06-22-2009, 03:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Geez sorry Windy

take care, man

D
Old 06-22-2009, 03:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Windy that really bites! Hope you recover quick!
Old 06-22-2009, 04:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi... I'm new here and a little nurvious. I'm a single mom of 4 kido's. I was in an accident 2 years ago and was put on a grip load of meds. oxycodone, xanax and ambien. You probably won't believe this but I went off the xanax on my own... only because the doc wrote down the wrong date on the script. (so i ran out) I'm at a loss and how in the hell I'm going to get off the oxycodone. I talk to people about it and they say "just stop!!" Well i've tried before and I couldn't do it... the pain was to painful. Has anyone felt the same way? How do i do it? I'm so very scared. I feel like I just want to give up, I don't want to live like this anymore. What upsets me the most is... I didn't go looking for this. I never took more than what the doctor ordered. I was in a accident and I trusted my doc. And now I'm fighting to stay afloat.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Now with fewer opiates!

Windy! Sorry, dude. You know I've been there recently with the pain meds. It can be done. Good start. Now, just work on healing and knitting...the bone kind not the girly kind.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
crazy vampire addict

That's terrible, Windy. I am so sorry. Good for you for giving the meds to your wife though! That was REALLY a very responsible thing for you to have done. I hope you are feeling better soon. A tib/fib fracture is very painful...yikes!
Old 06-22-2009, 06:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

((((((windysan)))))))

Sorry to hear about your leg! Hope you have a speedy recovery and maybe we'll see you more on SR? Take care, follow the doctor's orders and be nice to your wife! LOL

Love,

Lenina
Old 06-22-2009, 06:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

((((WINDY)))) Sorry to hear about your laig, but bravo on how you handled the pain meds. You'll get through this just fine.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Oh, Windy!....What did you go and do?......, those are painful breaks... I know you'll do okay with the meds
but, I really feel ya on the 'summer's gonna kind suck' thing...
((((((((((Windysan))))))))))
Old 06-22-2009, 07:04 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Windy, Ouch! My son broke his tibula several years ago and was in a cast for 4 months!
A doctor once told me that if you have true pain, it's hard to really geat 'buzzed' on pain meds. cause they are actually working for the pourpose that they were intended.
Smart move to let your wife hold them.
I think that you're strong enough to get through this. I have faith in you.

Hope ya heal well,

Penny
Old 06-22-2009, 07:09 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

That sucks! I'm sorry you are down for the summer. Way to go on giving your meds to your wife. When I had surgery I gave my pills to my hubby and I did just fine with them. I got a little crazy because I like the effect but I did not relapse and that is HUGE for me. Hang in there and stay close with us.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:02 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that bud, that really blows (and not in the fun way), mang.

Good on you for giving you wife the meds, just make sure to take 'er easy on them bad boys and I'm sure you'll be fine.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:22 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
TheMostSordidSpotOnEarth

You have a boat? Cool!

Oh my dear Windy, in all seriousness, I'm sorry that you're having to go through this. You just sit tight, kick back and heal up. We'll be here to stick with you through the whole deal, okay? Someone order in a box of beignets, a large bouquet of (manly) flowers and a big bunch of reflective balloons STAT.

8:

:ghug2
Old 06-22-2009, 09:52 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that Windy! On the upside for us, you're gonna be stuck in front of your puter more so we can look forward to your posts.

No but really... OW. Sorry.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:28 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

That sucks Windy ! You will be fine with the Meds. I feel for you cause pain sucks,also like you said puts a damper on the summer. Get well soon !
Old 06-22-2009, 10:43 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Ltoney.......welcome to SR. Please start your own thread and you will get much more support. I'm glad you found us.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:58 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Finally Honest

Windy,

Ouch dude!! A friend of mine broke those bones 2 times same leg within 2 years riding motocross. He was in a lot of pain. Good for you on handing over the pills to your wife. You'll get through this!!!