Notices

oxycodone/ringing in ears

Old 06-09-2009, 02:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

oxycodone/ringing in ears

Has anyone had this? Now that I'm off of them I still have it. I thought it was just because I was on them. I done research back then and a lot of people were going through it and some people had it stop when they stopped the drug and some didn't.

Mine has not went away. It's not anything major but in the middle of the day out of nowhere my left ear will ring for about 15 seconds and go away. It comes back and goes away throughout the day.

I'm reading now about how high doses of oxycodone causes hearing loss. Could I have caused hearing damage from when I was a user? I'm pretty scared about this. My ears are important. From what I'm reading theres not really anything they can do about it either.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi there! Het I've been in bands and such, alot of exposure to excess noise, and I'm an audio engineer..so I battle what you speak of DAILY..before I got hooked on pills and such, I was diagnosed with tennitus, which is ringing in the ears, to the point to where you notice it, most people have a subtle ring that they dont even notice..that said, since I have been clean for 8 days now, I have noticed that ringing has worsened, even changed tone some, to a whoosh on occasion. I have, since I was maybe 19, had to sleep with some white noise, or music, or TV to mask the tennitus effects at night cause thats when theyre the worse, when all is calm or quiet. I generally use a high powered fan..most people in my line of work suffer from this, I have even seen a few people go crazy from it, no on a permanent basis, but they just snap when it hinders concentration.
Let me know if you want more info...even the Wikipedia entry does no good for the explanation really..but I have read that vicodin will cause hearing loss in the long term, but thats all that was mentioned, nothing about any other medications.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Melvins99 View Post
Hi there! Het I've been in bands and such, alot of exposure to excess noise, and I'm an audio engineer..so I battle what you speak of DAILY..before I got hooked on pills and such, I was diagnosed with tennitus, which is ringing in the ears, to the point to where you notice it, most people have a subtle ring that they dont even notice..that said, since I have been clean for 8 days now, I have noticed that ringing has worsened, even changed tone some, to a whoosh on occasion. I have, since I was maybe 19, had to sleep with some white noise, or music, or TV to mask the tennitus effects at night cause thats when theyre the worse, when all is calm or quiet. I generally use a high powered fan..most people in my line of work suffer from this, I have even seen a few people go crazy from it, no on a permanent basis, but they just snap when it hinders concentration.
Let me know if you want more info...even the Wikipedia entry does no good for the explanation really..but I have read that vicodin will cause hearing loss in the long term, but thats all that was mentioned, nothing about any other medications.
Yeah, I've been playing in bands for over a decade now. I started using ear plugs after the massive head aches.

I play through a mesa whole stack. But I think it's the pills and not the music for me.