Notices

Codeine addict

Old 03-04-2017, 06:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Codeine addict

Hi everyone.
This is my first time here and I'm currently addicted to 1200mg of Codeine a day. I have cut way down today but feel like ****. My legs are on fire, I'm sooooo tired and I'm soooo depressed. I'm a mum and a wife and I can barely function. Has anyone got any advice please? I'm desperate I just can't get in the right state of mind and I can't see a light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 03-04-2017, 08:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for what brings you here Sos - but this is a place of great support, and I think support really helps .

Don't give up on your taper - it's hard now but you'll be glad later
D
Old 03-04-2017, 10:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thankyou for replying. I really need to have support. I've had 20 tablets today instead of 50 or 60 and I'm struggling but I won't give up. Tomorrow at work scares me and my husbands going away for 3 days but I'm not quitting!!!
Old 03-04-2017, 10:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

This forum will be busier once the weekends over, but I'll be around and so will other folks Sos

D
Old 03-05-2017, 12:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi!! Glad you are here. I am a hydro addict, so I understand what you are going through. Things will pick up around here, and more people will come along with some great advice for you.
I am on the hydro thread. Pop by anytime you like. And, I will be back to check in on you, see how you are doing.
Hope you stick around and keep posting!! And, you can PM me if you want.
We are here for you. And, it does get easier.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that but tapering has never worked for ME THE KEY IS ME doesn't mean it won't work for u.. a lot of people have done the taper route and are still clean I'm also opiate addicted and so I feel ur pain but it'll be over honestly by day 4 of complete abstinence I was starting to feel better Day 2 and day 3 were hell but u can do it I did it cold turkey and looking back that was the way for me to feel every bit of the withdrawals I found support here and met very amazing people keep
Posting and talk to ur doctor but continuing to absurd o or use codeiene will only make your life worse
Old 03-06-2017, 08:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear about your addiction. I too am an addict to opiates. Ive cut out all the hard drugs in my life. But finding I'm struggling weith pills still but only because I'm around them and my living situation is terrible for recovery..

Try and find strength in the fact you have a family, a husband and kids who love you unconditionally. You are so fortunate to have that. Many of us have no one but ourselves and ourselves we find more rimes than not is more burden than boon .

With that said remember you are not alone and all of us there are struggling and fighting to reclaim our lives. It won't come easy to any of us but happiness is around the corner if we make the right choices

You can do it
Old 03-07-2017, 04:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi guy's thankyou so much for your support. I've cut down to 20 tablets again today (yesterday i wasnt so lucky)and man was that hard but I did it. I really am lucky to have such a great husband he sticks by me no matter what when he could've so easily walked away. I've told a few people around me and I have a great support group. I'm off to see my doctor tomorrow as well. I just feel so determined now I've admitted to it. I'm sorry to hear about your addictions, you guys are awesome to be giving such great support whilst having such hard times yourselves. I'll definitely be sticking around to share my experience with you and hopefully one day I can help someone too
Old 03-07-2017, 05:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Do you see a doctor?
Old 03-07-2017, 03:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Do you see a doctor?
I'm just about to go see my GP now 😊
Old 03-07-2017, 05:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sos8778 - withdrawals are not a cake walk. You are going to feel like **** at different points of the process. You are going to have points where you feel tired and depressed. It will probably feel like it is never going to end, but it will get better over time. You never have to go through it again though.

There are many, many people who have gone through what you are going through and made it to the other side. If they can do it so can you. Don't give up no matter what.
Old 03-08-2017, 03:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Wow all of a sudden I'm struggling. A simple sinus infection has knocked me for 6 and I know taking pills would help me feel better. I've cut down more today and I'm not going to give in but the craving is so intense. I'm staying strong I'll only hate myself later if I cave in!!!!!
Old 03-08-2017, 03:30 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

hope you feel better tomorrow Sos - stay strong

D
Old 03-09-2017, 07:38 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

good morning. I am also a mother and an addict. I know exactly how you feel. I am so proud of you for telling your husband!!! to try and do this alone is awful. All still while trying to be a mom etc. And getting sick while trying to cut down on the meds is also very common. I can always count on a cold while detoxing or shortly after. I keep telling myself this is how it works to get the crap out of my system and get healthy.

I also can not taper, however it does work for people that can stick by it. I choose to rip the band aid off because I can handle the mind games my mind plays by having pills in the house but still feeling sick. So I take them all and suffer, then slowly get better. I don't choose to do it alone though, I have to be involved in a program and I choose NA/AA.

stay strong. Keep posting. PM me if you want. I know how you are feeling.