Notices

I prefer real life !!

Old 11-17-2008, 03:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I prefer real life !!

Today is day 27 for me, no opiates. I appreciate the encouragement, but this is for anyone who is trying to quit ! I can't believe how enjoyable the little things are. Went to Church yesterday, IHOP after, a nice ride. Came home cleaned the entire garage and my vehicle. Energy coming back. A little Football on TV. Go Giants ! Helped daughter with homework she usually did not bother to ask me cause I was nodding off in front of TV. She is 17 and fully aware of my situation. Watched a movie then sleep wonderful sleep !! like close to 8 hours and only woke up once or twice. Looking forward to work today,gonna get some things done. Gym bag has at least been packed and made it to the car. You know the vicodin helped me with my pain it helped me get things done, it made me feel good... but with a fakey cloud attached to it. That price was to high....I'll take my real life, such as it is,any day.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

You are an inspiration Daniel. I'm following in your footsteps!!
Old 11-17-2008, 05:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Great Job Daniel !! No matter how bad the pain it ain't worth going back to dope. Ibuprofen does a good job. Congratulations.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey ((Daniel))!! Great job on your 27-days and I am soo happy for you!! I remember that feeling too early in recovery when everything started to feel New again and I was like, "YES! I can do this! And YES! Things are going to be OK!!"...It is a wonderful feeling!!
Just remember to keep your "tool box" handy and keep putting one foot in front of the other!
My daughter was about that age too when I got clean! Just in time to "be there" for the most important phase of all when they start looking into college and all the wonderful possibilites of what their young life can bring!
Take care,
Jane
Old 11-17-2008, 06:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Way to go Daniel!!!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-27-2008, 03:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well its like day 37 I don't keep track as much.Really starting to be myself again. It seems I'm a bit more of a jerk, but I can work on that. I was medicated for a while so some of the things I ignored are frustrating me a little now. What a great feeling to get my life back. i really haven't had a serious urge to take pills.I wanted to be less sick, but I never considered taking opiates to feel better. Time is the healer, to those of you who are struggling right now, don't give up. so many times I've seen people, in all aspects of life struggle up the mountain and give up not realizing they only had a little further to go ! when you feel like giving up push on a little further success might be around the next bend !
Old 11-27-2008, 04:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Glad you're feeling good Daniel. Keep trucking!!
Old 11-27-2008, 05:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

good job, dan. careful with the emotions. they've been blunted by dope for awhile. depression, anger are kinda weird at first. you'll do well though.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great job Daniel!! Congratulations on over a month clean you are awesome! Enjoy your day today, you have a lot to be thankful for! We all do!
Old 11-27-2008, 10:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yeah man, I never realized how angry I was until I got sober. My character defects will never be completely gone, but being sober allows me to FEEL them and therefore work on them. Anger is a strange one, too much and you are a {box of crackerjacks} , but holding it in turns u into a stick of dynamite with a short fuse. I'm really glad to hear your doing well, keep up the good work!!
Old 11-28-2008, 06:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Lurking and learning

Okay, Vicodaniel, I've been reading a lot on this site and watching your recovery in particular. I'm at day 40 and have been thinking that maybe, just maybe, I could go see my doc next week and get a new script. Ya know, the holidays coming up and all? Cause, now, I know I really can quit for a long time and why not make the season so much "cheerier?"

Anyway, I know the answer is "no, no, no" but that wicked temptress says "why not?" Can you give me a clue how to beat that b!tch to death right now?
Old 11-28-2008, 07:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congratulations Vicodan! I'm proud of you! The emotions that come flooding back without being high are for me my trigger--what do I do with those feelings? The irritability, the anger, the frustration...even the happy feelings--they don't make sense. But, I'm glad to see you're getting through them because that gives me hope that I'll do the same.
Old 11-28-2008, 07:25 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by margarok View Post
Okay, Vicodaniel, I've been reading a lot on this site and watching your recovery in particular. I'm at day 40 and have been thinking that maybe, just maybe, I could go see my doc next week and get a new script. Ya know, the holidays coming up and all? Cause, now, I know I really can quit for a long time and why not make the season so much "cheerier?"

Anyway, I know the answer is "no, no, no" but that wicked temptress says "why not?" Can you give me a clue how to beat that b!tch to death right now?

Margarok---I don't have 40 days--never made it that far before caving in. All I can say is DONT DO IT...you can't just do a few, to make the season "cheerier"...none of us can do 'just a few'...the harsh reality of it. I hope Vicodan would agree with me as I know you addressed this to him, but I believe he will. Good luck and please please please do not take that first one--it's hard, but please do not do it
Old 11-28-2008, 07:40 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by margarok View Post

The answer for me is do I want to go through withdrawal again just to make things a little nicer ? No way, if you got 40 you are around the bend, it will get even better. I actually threw my back out Thanksgiving morning,last year I had sciatica. I was hammering perks valium and hydro's.I am afraid my back will get worse this time, and I would have to consider the opiates. I just want to make it through on OTC meds and maybe some acupuncture. I never want to go back where I was.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:20 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

thanks

Sunflower and dan...

Thanks for the advice. You are both right... 40 days is around the bend for sure. I don't want to get back on that road.

It was a terrible ride off of it. I just need to remember that.
Old 11-29-2008, 05:38 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Daniel I'm so proud of you. You're such a sweet guy. Unlike that Windy character, LOL.

Seriously, I can tell he's proud of you too, because I never see him post that much in someone's thread unless its to cause mischief, LOL windy.

Daniel, you keep up the good work and keep all the newcomers optimistic. You have that sense of it about you, and when people are struggling people like you are a gift.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:17 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunflower1776 View Post
Margarok---I don't have 40 days--never made it that far before caving in. All I can say is DONT DO IT...you can't just do a few, to make the season "cheerier"...none of us can do 'just a few'...the harsh reality of it. I hope Vicodan would agree with me as I know you addressed this to him, but I believe he will. Good luck and please please please do not take that first one--it's hard, but please do not do it
I don't post here much, but I come and read. You guys are really a close crew, helping one another out so well. Thought I'd pop this in and let you know your words rang true... It made me think I don't want to go through it again... Cheerier really means "drearier" or "blearier."

Thanks.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:07 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

OK, I think I finally lost track of the days,its like over 40.Feeling better all the time going to gym every other day. Its really helping my energy. I had thrown my back out,but its better and I made it without Hydro's, I'm changing my habits. Which helps me not to crave much.Sorry I haven't posted much, I miss everyone and think about you all often.To anybody who is struggling,you can count on you ! Give yourself some credit, you are stronger than you think. If I can do it anybody can.